DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

The Second Season begins tomorrow!   Pretend you understand how this play-in thing how it works!

Tuesday

Atlanta @ Miami, 730p

Minnesota @ LAL, 10p

Wednesday

Chicago @ Toronto, 730p

Oklahoma City @ New Orleans, 930p

Thursday

Day 2 Winners @ Day 1 Losers

Afterwards...

Screen_Shot_2023_04_09_at_5.51.56_PM.png

Got it?   

(Don't worry, no one else does either.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Second Season begins tomorrow!   Pretend you understand how this play-in thing how it works!

Tuesday

Atlanta @ Miami, 730p

Minnesota @ LAL, 10p

Wednesday

Chicago @ Toronto, 730p

Oklahoma City @ New Orleans, 930p

Thursday

Day 2 Winners @ Day 1 Losers

Afterwards...

Screen_Shot_2023_04_09_at_5.51.56_PM.png

Got it?   

(Don't worry, no one else does either.)

It's pretty simple though.

7 and 8 have two chances to win one game and get in. 9 and 10 have to win two straight.

I don't know why this made me giggle so much

Nearly everything about this season has been a grueling challenge for the Los Angeles Lakers, so nobody in a gold jersey really seemed surprised when Anthony Davis committed a baffling foul that allowed Minnesota's Mike Conley to snatch a playoff berth from their hands with 0.1 seconds on the regulation clock.

NBA=Non-Binary Association

I didn't watch much of Bulls/Raps, but I can't imagine a game where a team gaks up a 19-point lead and misses 18 FTs was a "good" game.  But OKC/NO?  Whooo, that didn't disappoint; best game of the play-in so far even if Night 1 was crazier.  If I could evict teams from the playoffs, I'd pitch the Clippers out on their ass and put NO back in anyway, just because they're fun to watch, even without Zion.  Really want to see OKC run Minnesota too and then go to Denver.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Like 1

The NBA officially doesn't count the play-in as playoff games. For instance, LeBron didn't add thirty points to his career playoff scoring total. But he also didn't add 30 points to his career regular season scoring total. It's limbo.

Anyway... Man Zion is becoming one of the biggest conundrums in sports. They aren't good enough to win without him, he likely has no major trade value, they owe him all the money... And on those rare occasions he actually plays basketball, he's borderline MVP level and they look like a serious title contender.

1 hour ago, L_W_P said:

As an Aussie, I'm 100% here for Josh Giddey; Play In GOAT.

Kid is TWENTY 😮 Doesn't turn 21 until October. That's insane.

OKC has the youngest team in the league. The fact that they have a shot Friday to get into the playoffs is absurd.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pete said:

I've never seen so many folks on Twitter seriously advocating for a nine-year-old girl to get punched in the face until now.

The only thing I’ll say in response is I hope this doesn’t lead to other players kids (or more likely grown assed men) doing that at other games. The amount of attention ESPN gave her during the game, and that they continue to give her suggests it won’t be a one time incident. Nor was it cute. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LF2 said:

The only thing I’ll say in response is I hope this doesn’t lead to other players kids (or more likely grown assed men) doing that at other games. The amount of attention ESPN gave her during the game, and that they continue to give her suggests it won’t be a one time incident. Nor was it cute. 

Hopefully it doesn't become a "thing", but it's a little girl trying to help out daddy's team. Gotta love that. Plus, if a kid screaming causes you to miss free throws, you suck at free throws.

7 minutes ago, Log said:

Hopefully it doesn't become a "thing", but it's a little girl trying to help out daddy's team. Gotta love that. Plus, if a kid screaming causes you to miss free throws, you suck at free throws.

How many players have little girls? All but this one know how to behave at a game, and not make a spectacle of themselves. It’s not worthy of applause or admiration.

Plus they don’t suck at free throws when they made 79% during the season. Clearly the girl screaming like she was a murder victim in Scream 6 threw them off. 

• Like 1

If you've made it to the NBA, you've most likely played through junior high, high school and college basketball. At all of those levels, fans go to all kinds of great lengths to distract you while shooting free throws. If a little girl screaming makes you miss, that's on you.

It's always interesting how when little girls do little girl things, grown men can't handle it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

If you've made it to the NBA, you've most likely played through junior high, high school and college basketball. At all of those levels, fans go to all kinds of great lengths to distract you while shooting free throws. If a little girl screaming makes you miss, that's on you.

It's always interesting how when little girls do little girl things, grown men can't handle it.

It’s also interesting how grown men defend it when it’s a little girl like they’re precious, and not being annoying as hell.

At the levels you referenced when has a child (of either gender) ever behaved this way? It would have gotten national attention before now, and it would have also been stopped before now. But yes keep claiming the players who made 30% more of their free throws during the season aren’t any good at shooting. As I already stated there’s a difference between trying to distract them, and letting out a murder victim Scream 36 times. But please defend the little princess some more, and go applaud Mina Kimes for calling the little brat Queen on Twitter. 

• Like 1