DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 13

Justin877

Worst part of my story; WE WERE AT HOME!

Still bitter, 14 years later.

One of the referees who worked football and basketball in my district, for whatever reason, had a grudge against the high school I coached at.  He seemed to work roughly EVERY FREAKING GAME for both sports on the varsity level.  We used to bitterly joke that we were the only school in our league that got homered ON OUR OWN FIELD.  That leads to another story...

I used to do PA for the basketball games as a favor to the freshman coach, who was a friend of mine.  One night the varsity was getting killed by the refs.  The other guys had something like 42 points at half-time - and had made 3 field goals.  It was completely ridiculous - I'm amazed none of the coaches got ejected.  Anyway, after awhile I started calling out the actual number of team fouls (normally you stop at 10, since that's when the double bonus kicks in).  I also started saying "offensive" (as in "yuck") instead offensive (as in "not defensive") foul.  A day or two later, I got called down to the athletic director's office and got chewed out for my behavior.  I didn't do PA work after that :(

Huh?

Don't see the Saints winning tonight, but hope it's a quick game regardless.  Would rather a short blowout to a brutal win, being that the Panthers game next week is much more important when you consider schedules/likely seeding.  

EDIT:  Oh, and should the Saints win, I hope they do like they did Thursday and not send anyone to talk with these dipshit analysts, especially after all the whining after the blatant illegal hit on Brees in the Niners game.

Worst loss of the Brees-Payton era was 41-10 to the 2007 Colts.  

Like I said earlier, would much rather lose like this than win ugly, with the remaining schedule and playoff considerations.  

Saints came out super giddy and scared of the noise and got their spirits crushed early.  Wish they would sit some starters.