DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

Wrestlemania 20 is probably Eddy/Brock but this rules

Do you mean Eddy/Angle? That was a good match anyway.

It wouldn't shock me at all if they just put Triple H vs. Shawn as the Main Event for WrestleMania 20.

I have been holding off on buying any of the WWE games since Fire Pro Returns came out, but I feel the need. So.... should I snag WWE13 cheap now, or wait for WWE14 to come out, keeping in mind I don't do DLC, and would probably just be going on what's in the game. Right now, it comes down down to..... will the Wyatt Family be in WWE14 or not.

I wish they would just use a slightly less exaggerated All-Stars style for the character models. It would serve so many different functions in that it finally gives the WWE series a fresh look, the devs aren't stuck with trying to make models that look like their counterparts eliminating the disconnect many people have when the models look nothing like their counterparts, in that same vein you give people an easier time with identifying with a character model when the look of the model is a caricature, moves animations are improved because the devs won't be so restricted to having the move be a 1:1 representation of real life, in game physics would finally have some weight to them and you can pull off size differences better, etc.

I wouldn't want the WWE series to look so totally arcadey like All-Stars, but there's no reason to not go with caricatures of the wrestlers. They've been trying to pull off this real life look since the first SmackDown! and they're never going to be able to pull that off. There's so much flash and exaggeration in the world of wrestling and I don't think trying to make the WWE series look the same as NBA 2K, Madden, or MLB The Show is the best approach. Hopefully someone, anyone at 2K understands this.

There is absolutely nothing this game could do to get me to buy it because it looks and sounds exactly the same game for over 10 years.

We had warzone & attitude followed by WM2000 & no mercy. Then I hear people raving about hear comes the pain. Well since when what's been different about a WWE game? RELIVE MOMENTS FROM WRESTLEMANIA!! Ok I'll put the DVD on. Cheers.

On the one hand I'm excited about the retro vibe they're going to go with.  I always thought since last year they'd either go with this or WCW so this works for me.

On the other hand I know it's not finalized but so far those graphics look like shit.  I'm hoping in the two months until release that looks better.  But I'm interested in who's in and even more interested in what they do to improve a lot of things.  The gameplay as well as a lot of modes need refinement.

And for fucks sake can we for once have online servers that are stable for more than the initial couple weeks?  I was so hopeful when they were holding up at first only to go down the shitter.  I know it was THQ to some degree but I'm not convinced this will improve until I see it over time.

Didn't 2K come right out and say that this year's game is basically the same thing as last year's, just with an updated roster and such since they didn't have time to revamp the whole engine after they got the rights, but next year's game will be "all new"? I seem to remember something coming out like that awhile back.

Didn't 2K come right out and say that this year's game is basically the same thing as last year's, just with an updated roster and such since they didn't have time to revamp the whole engine after they got the rights, but next year's game will be "all new"? I seem to remember something coming out like that awhile back.

The thing is that two of ttheir main devs (Ledsema and Williams) worked for THQ and are now working for 2K Sports. So what is going to happen?

But anyways, I have started a blog

We need to let 2K know that we want a Simulation Wrestling game too.

This blog will be used to post ideas, suggestions, and issues that have plagued the more recent games of the genre. 
If you have any ideas for future blog entries feel free to leave a comment.

Until then; "Wrestling games aren't fighting games."

A simulation? Is that like where you'd cooperate with your opponent?

How great would that be? Especially if you had the option of going into business for yourself but if you lost you were penalized somehow. Maybe having to play the TNA wrestling game for a week straight.

• Like 1

The thing is that two of ttheir main devs (Ledsema and Williams) worked for THQ and are now working for 2K Sports. So what is going to happen?

But anyways, I have started a blog

We need to let 2K know that we want a Simulation Wrestling game too.

This blog will be used to post ideas, suggestions, and issues that have plagued the more recent games of the genre. 
If you have any ideas for future blog entries feel free to leave a comment.

Until then; "Wrestling games aren't fighting games."

No one is going to give a crap about this blog. You would be better off trying to do this on OS where 2K has community managers that mine the people on the forums for ideas.

And Ledesma and Williams work for 2K as a result of the buyout and my understanding is that they're on a trial deal. Their futures with 2K live and breathe with the success of 2K14.