DVDVR Message Board

2023 HORROR THREAD

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

With luck, they'll make enough to film a third one! Just for you!

I hate you so much right now.

I will just go full Cibernetico and say that If Terriier 2 only consisted of Sienna Shaw getting into her warrior angel cosplay outfit, this movie would be five stars.

Instead we get Art the Clown repeatedly stabbing a guy in the crotch like twenty times.   Once is enough, bro.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Hey, look on the bright side, there might be more Shaw in less clothing. You can just fast forward to it and ignore the murder clown.

That would mean buying or renting Terrifier 2 with my own money when the internet does all the work for me.

40354ddabc177396d2b31f001a991f707fc3649b

Lauren LaVera (the actress that plays Sienna Shaw), sadly enough, cannot attend Nightmare Weekend (the horror con brought to you by the same folks that created GalaxyCon) in RVA on 13-15 October due to scheduling conflicts.

The guest list is still pretty impressive, though.

It doesn't matter because I'll be on swing duty anyway supporting a software testing event and won't be able to attend.

Joe Dante is going to be there.  Joe fucking Dante.

Edited by J.T.

The only con I ever went to, Dee Wallace was there and really didn't seem like she wanted to be IIRC. Richard Dreyfuss being a hardass about it wouldn't surprise me either, unless he ended up being supercool on the other end of the spectrum. Doesn't seem like there'd be an in-between there. 

Ms. LaVera was supposed to be a teenager in that movie so I felt... conflicted. Your boy is getting old over here. 

19 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Ms. LaVera was supposed to be a teenager in that movie so I felt... conflicted. Your boy is getting old over here. 

She is eighteen in Final Girl years which means she's in her late twenties or early thirties in real life.. 

That would still make her about ten years older than my daughter so I still feel.... conflicted...

I am also old.  Very old.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

I was about to post that but got distracted by the Rodtang vs. Superlek fight going down at One 34.

Far more high profile directors attached to 85 than there were for 99 or 94.  I'm most excited to see what David Bruckner and Scott Derrickson cooked up and I am sure that Gigi's segment will not disappoint.

Edited by J.T.

ALIEN: ROMULUS (2024)

Spoiler

SYNOPSIS:

Young people from a distant world must face the most terrifying life form in the universe.

Alien Romulus, an upcoming American science fiction horror movie helmed by director Fede Álvarez, co-penned by Álvarez and Rodo Sayagues, stands as both a standalone addition and the seventh primary entry in the Alien franchise. This eagerly anticipated film, the ninth in the series, features a talented cast including Cailee Spaeny, Isabela Merced, David Jonsson, Archie Renaux, Spike Fearn, and Aileen Wu.

WHEN AND WHERE TO WATCH:

The film is expected to be theatrically released on AUGUST 16, 2024, by 20th

Century Studios.

TRAILER:

Coming next year.

ART POSTER BY:

Dark Design (Nuno Sarnadas)

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/darkdesignpt/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/darkdesignpt

X: https://twitter.com/nunosarnadas

May be an image of text

• Like 1

The Puppetman

Directed by Brandon Christensen.  He's the visual effects guy for Shudder originals like Z, Still/Born, and Superhost.  This is his debut in the big chair,

Starring: MICHAEL PARE~!!, Alyson Gorske, Caryn Richman, Anna Telfer.

Available via Shudder on 13 October, but I think there is also a limited theatrical release on the 10th.

On 9/7/2023 at 12:46 PM, RIPPA said:

Thanksgiving

Directed by Eli Roth (grr....)

Patrick Dempsey, Addison Rae, Gina Gershon, and Milo Manheim

Roth got the idea from one of the fake trailers made for Grindhouse

On the bright side, I cannot believe that they are bringing the trampoline scene from Eli's trailer into the feature length movie.

Or maybe I can believe it because it's fucking Eli Roth and he is a mark for his own shill.

Last night I found trailers for two Jake Busey (of all people) slasher movies coming out, Pig Killer and Scalper. Watch at your own risk -- this looks like either some of the worst, dumbest shit ever or it will end up being some truly legendary weirdness. Possibly both? I'm leaning towards the former though... take in mind I didn't bother to even C&P the trailers last night

https://rue-morgue.com/exclusive-red-band-trailers-festival-and-release-news-serial-murder-shockers-pig-killer-and-scalper/

• Like 2

That first one seems to be based on the Toy Box Killer, which is so beyond the pale even for serial killer true crime stories that I don’t think it should ever be dramatized. The investigator responsible for cataloguing the crime scene went home and killed themself the same day. 

The Scalper trailer is cut together well at least, but it didn’t sell me on giving it a try. 

Yeah, Braid / Obsessed / Dying to Play (2018) is a weird fucking movie.

BRAID-Official-Trailer-2018-Sarah-Hay-Ma

Despite the rather evocative image, the movie is not about hair that kills.  It's a psychological horror joint that is very intriguing, but there is a lot going on.   I'll have to watch it at time when I can pay very close attention.

Edited by J.T.