DVDVR Message Board

DYNAMITE- 12/21/2022!

DEAN

4 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

That Rick Ross segment bombed badly with the live crowd, but I am looking forward to seeing who teams with Keith Lee vs Boudreaux and White Umaga.

That segment had me thinking of MJF's 16 minute boreathon a few weeks back. Also why bring in Parker Boudreaux when you have Preston Vance on the roster? One of my pet peeves with AEW is the repetitive signings, plus do we even need another Jobber Stable with the Trustbusters?

• Like 1

Just now, Cobra Commander said:

$300K is a lot better than having the battle royal winners receive a really gnarly collection of gift cards or summer sausages.

Summer Sausage Battle Royal would rule so hard.

• Like 4

Just now, DEAN said:

Summer Sausage Battle Royal would rule so hard.

Think Dean! They could do a Yankee Swap battle royal! Winner gets first (and thus last) last chance to pick a gift from the Swap, guaranteeing a feud when they take the best gift away from whoever had it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, zendragon said:

Also why bring in Parker Boudreaux when you have Preston Vance on the roster? One of my pet peeves with AEW is the repetitive signings, plus do we even need another Jobber Stable with the Trustbusters?

Trustbusters is a jobber stable, working with the Mogul is a higher tier. Parker is being promoted, not being put in a jobber group! 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 3

That Starks promo ruled. I think he's worked his way into the "A rotation" of guys who are on tv every week with Mox, Jericho, Hangman, et al. When he said Jericho used to be "built like an air fryer" I cackled. Starks going over Jericho will rule. Guevara and Garcia being called "JASholes" was pretty good. Starks might be the best talker on the planet at the moment. They've got something with Action Andretti. He's got good size, a great look, and his offense is fun. 

The Elite entrance gives me goosebumps. That's a great song and they nail hitting their pose when the instruments come in every time. That was the wildest match of the ones they've had so far. Those guys beat the shit out of each other. For guys who ordinarily work softer than baby shit, the Bucks have been bringing the effort. I'll say it again; The Elite are much more palatable when contained to one angle/segment than they are when the show is inexplicably built around them for months on end.

Danielson is always welcome on my screen. Ethan Page isn't. I get why TK keeps running him out there; he's a solid worker and actually isn't a bad talker. He's just uproariously miscast in this role. Stokely Hathaway calling Dragon a "raggedy bitch" was an all timer.

Hook should be on every week, either Dynamite or Rampage. He's so good. The postmatch thing with Jungle Jack felt a bit redundant. I'm not sure Big Bill chokeslamming him into a trash can is the visual they want for an alleged pillar. Unless this leads to a dumpster match. That would fornicate.

Mox is so good. Just so, so good. Yutes is gonna be on my tv 2x this week. Dope!

Samoa Joe is so cool. This "King of TV" thing works.

The Ass Boys have really grown into their roles. FTR is about to get their moment with the AEW Tag Titles, so eating a tainted loss here isn't too bad. This story is clearly going somewhere. Dax & Cash ain't going anywhere. They're as AEW as rushed Excalibur program rundowns and Orange Cassidy being awesome. 

Sonjay being autotuned so heavily popped me to no end. I laughed for ten minutes about that.

Is Rick Ross hammered? What a weird-ass stable for Swerve. Mock Lesnar and PCNo. Ugh. If this leads to Keif going to get Shane Taylor and JD Griffey to team with him, I'll be all in. I'm choosing to believe that him saying he's the boss so much was one of those CM Punk style teases that Botcha Banks is coming in.

I really dug this main event. AEW's women's division has gotten so much better. When Mercedes shows up they'll really be cooking.

This is another in a series of several good Dynamites in a row since Full Gear. This feels more like 2021 AEW to me. They just need to keep putting on shows like this. The audience will grow if they're given a reason to tune in.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

the third guy in Mogul looked like he steals copper off of pipes to support a drug habit..

Oh, that dude knows exactly how much Sudafed you can get in exchange for a stolen catalytic converter. No doubt in my mind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6