DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2022 - WEEK SIX

RIPPA

On 10/3/2022 at 6:38 PM, Cobra Commander said:

This year's Texas/OU being the first unranked Red River Showdown since 1998 makes me realize that maybe I shouldn't have been so impressed by K-State beating Texas back in 1998 on my way to deciding to bandwagon Kansas State around that time.

Also K-State entered 1998 in the top 10. They literally crawled from 6 to 2 from the start of the season to the Big 12 title game.

Maybe late 90s Texas was more impressive than late 90s OU, at least until Stoops left K-State for OU.

As for not taking your entire buyout.. it's not like he made a bunch of nepotism hires that he's trying to protect because "don't pay me the full buyout and keep my hires through the rest of the year" isn't exactly a great tradeoff.

Unless I missed something somewhere, at least the Universities are smart enough to not try converting buyouts into annuities ala the Mets, right?

1998 was the last year of John Blake, who didn't last long at OU, and the first year of Mack Brown and Ricky William's Heisman year, so it was a time when both teams had talent but were suffering from poor coaching. Then OU brings in Stoops and Mack brings in top rated recruiting classes and you get the '00s.

Colorado really should've stayed in the Big 12, once they left they became an afterthought in the Pac 12 and lost some recruiting base in Texas. Sort of like Nebraska did in the Big Ten.

Colorado left the Big 12 at a time when they were never going to be the most high profile team to leave the Big 12 because they left at the same time as Nebraska

Could argue that out of Colorado/Mizzou/Nebraska, Mizzou has the least to regret about their move.

• Like 1

ESPN has article today on a survey they did with 23 schools regarding NIL information. It basically boils down to ESPN complaining that the schools won't tell them exactly how much every player is getting and from whom. They couch it in arguments for "transparency" but they're really just hurt that Alabama won't tell them anything. 

Personally, I don't think it's any of ESPN's business how much Stetson Bennett is getting or from where. 

They did get limited information from a few schools. To no one's surprise, roughly 90% of all NIL money is going to football. 

Appears no one is watching (understandably) but a Nebraska RB (on a pass) knocked a Rutgers DB unconscious with what would’ve been called a targeting if it had been the reverse. Lowered his head, launched, and hit helmet to helmet in an attempt to hurt the DB.

Apparently nobody told Bama fans that this A&M game doesn’t matter anymore. My people in Tuscaloosa this weekend say it’s a madhouse, the likes of which not seen since the 2019 LSU game. Obviously games aren’t won on vibes, but the people demand Jimbo’s blood sacrifice and this could get ugly*.

*if Bryce plays

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EVA said:

Apparently nobody told Bama fans that this A&M game doesn’t matter anymore. My people in Tuscaloosa this weekend say it’s a madhouse, the likes of which not seen since the 2019 LSU game. Obviously games aren’t won on vibes, but the people demand Jimbo’s blood sacrifice and this could get ugly*.

*if Bryce plays

Bryce does not appear to be playing. ?

57 minutes ago, EVA said:

Bryce does not appear to be playing. ?

I think Bama can win tonight without him.

But that trip to Tennessee might be real dangerous if he's not ready to go next week.