DVDVR Message Board

MLB OFFSEASON (P&C Report 2/14/23)

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Dude wants all the Washington teams. Is it only the NFL that prohibits owning other sports teams? 

Even the NFL doesn't prohibit it as you are allowed to own other franchises if it is in the same market. (Remember Paul Allen owned both the Seahawks and Trail Blazers because the NFL basically thinks the entire Upper Northwest is the same market)

And then they got rid of that rule a few years ago mainly for Stan Kroenke 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I swear I am not making this up

The White Sox are going to interview Ozzie Guillen for their open position

one Chicago area guy is reporting the White Sox will hire Espada, which I'd guess would be delayed by the Astros still being in the playoffs thing

Miami has requested speaking to a lot of folks - including Walt Weiss who turned them down

The Marlins have interviewed Espada twice so yeah... someone's sources are wrong (just a question of who)

Joe Maddon is now basically campaigning to get interviewed for the White Sox job

As the White Sox continue to hunt for a new manager, one prominent name yet to be involved in the mix is Joe Maddon.  The former Rays/Cubs/Angels skipper told the Cubs Talk podcast (on NBC Sports Chicago, hat tip to Tim Stebbins) that “I’ve not heard from [the White Sox] at all,” though Maddon would “of course…be interested” in chatting with the team. 

Apparently, he is on a book tour, so it is a probably a combo of Maddon wanting a job and trying sell books

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

If Aaron Judge goes all Kevin Durant and joins the Astros I will take back everything I ever said about Judge and Durant 

no I won’t 

You don't have to take it back - you just pretend you never said it

• Haha 2

Off the top of my head, I'd say Judge's likely landing spots are probably:

1) SF

2) NYY

3) NYM

4) TOR?   

After that, I'd say there's almost no chance for anyone else.  Maaaaybe  the Dodgers?  

All I know is, he'd better not be listening to the FAN or be on Twitter at all for the next month or so. 

7 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

All I know is, he'd better not be listening to the FAN or be on Twitter at all for the next month or so. 

The people who don't want him back clearly didn't watch the 2nd half of the season because if they did they would have realized the Yanks would have been lucky to have been the 3rd WC without him

I mean look at the offense now. Now imagine it without Aaron Judge

Fucking morons.

• Thanks 1

The 4 finalists for the Marlins job are

• Matt Quatraro (Rays Bench Coach)
  • Joe Espada (Astros Bench Coach)
  • Skip Schumaker (Cards Bench Coach)
  • Luis Rojas (current Yanks 3B Coach, former Mets manager)

6 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The people who don't want him back clearly didn't watch the 2nd half of the season because if they did they would have realized the Yanks would have been lucky to have been the 3rd WC without him

I mean look at the offense now. Now imagine it without Aaron Judge

Fucking morons.

The calls are coming from inside the house....  

The thread is amazing. Michael might as well have been wearing a  "FIRE CASHMAN" shirt. 

Well that is a different issue than what I was talking about

If people wanna get rid of Aaron Boone - go right ahead. Though I would be deeply concerned about a "careful what you wish for hire" with like Joe Maddon or some equally as terrible

And Cashman certainly didn't do himself any favors this year

20 hours ago, RIPPA said:

If people wanna get rid of Aaron Boone - go right ahead. Though I would be deeply concerned about a "careful what you wish for hire" with like Joe Maddon or some equally as terrible

That instant that everyone realizes that Boone himself was a "careful what you wish for" hire when Girardi got run out of town (not that it was wrong, but, well).

Even if they get rid of Boone, with the way the FO is set up as pure (very poor) analytics team, it's not like the next guy is gonna be better until they decide on an identity.  Ether go back to being the evil Empire that George ran with an iron fist, or play moneyball.

On 10/24/2022 at 10:08 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Off the top of my head, I'd say Judge's likely landing spots are probably:

1) SF

2) NYY

3) NYM

4) TOR?   

After that, I'd say there's almost no chance for anyone else.  Maaaaybe  the Dodgers?  

I appreciate you including Toronto, but we are in dire need of a left handed bat in our order. 

Personally I'd love to see Judge sign with the Mets. On so many levels that would be absolutely fascinating and entertaining lol