DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 8/24/2022

The Natural

This one might call for a 5AM start tomorrow so I can watch before work. Not often there's a big title match where I genuinely have no idea what might happen. MJF return? Hangman Page run in? Mox or Punk win clean? Hook sends himself to challenge the winner for All Out?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

This one might call for a 5AM start tomorrow so I can watch before work. Not often there's a big title match where I genuinely have no idea what might happen. MJF return? Hangman Page run in? Mox or Punk win clean? Hook sends himself to challenge the winner for All Out?

All of this. So intriguing. CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson at AEW All Out? Just hope we don't get a Triple Threat at AEW All Out preferring a one on one match for the AEW World Championship.

Edited by The Natural

I heard that CM Punk was mean to Hangman and Hangman was mad but also Hangman said a mean thing to Punk and punk was mad and that’s why he said the other mean thing and that MJF left and that he’s mad and CM Punk made Colt Cabana disappear and CM Punk is leaving and that Principal Skinner and Ms Crabapple were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me. 

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 14

Front row tonight and cannot wait. My daughter is pumped it's her first live TV experience.  Really hope for a non screw job ending to the main. I'm assuming Hangman comes in and either costs Punk or it's a DQ and we get the 3 way PPV main event.   Looking forward to also seeing what they do with Wardlow as the show is in his hometown. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Front row tonight and cannot wait. My daughter is pumped it's her first live TV experience.  Really hope for a non screw job ending to the main. I'm assuming Hangman comes in and either costs Punk or it's a DQ and we get the 3 way PPV main event.   Looking forward to also seeing what they do with Wardlow as the show is in his hometown. 

Me, too—sort of intrigued that everyone is really guessing where it's going to go with no completely obvious direction. 

Attending as well with a few friends, great seats two rows up off the floor. Still jonesing to take my daughter to an event but she's a tad young (as in a 9 p.m. bedtime). I'm sure your daughter will be awe-struck being that close. 

• Like 6

54 minutes ago, Pedro said:

I forgot you were going, I'd have given you a mention in my OP. Have a great time, @Pedro. I attended my first live show in April 2015, a 30th birthday present, a fan of wrestling since 5. I struggle with travelling even to Leeds. What made it even better, DANIEL FUCKING BRYAN! Two days later he had a match and was pulled off the tour. I went to a house show in November 2019 but it was RAW so missed out on Daniel Bryan. Fuck.

30 minutes ago, EricG said:

Me, too—sort of intrigued that everyone is really guessing where it's going to go with no completely obvious direction. 

Attending as well with a few friends, great seats two rows up off the floor. Still jonesing to take my daughter to an event but she's a tad young (as in a 9 p.m. bedtime). I'm sure your daughter will be awe-struck being that close. 

Have a great time, @EricG.

18 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Also going ... we're also bringing our daughter. First big-time show for her since ROH when she was a little one.

Have a great time, @Gorman.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Spoiler

I thought Sterling's promo on Dark was pretty fun and would absolutely love to see a Danielson vs Woods or Claudio vs Nese match, BUT...

Just so we're ALL on the same page here, despite that promo and Nese's tweet about ruining the match tonight, we're absolutely sure that Khan wouldn't use Nese and Woods to disrupt the match, right? He has to have just enough perspective to realize that you can't use guys on the very bottom of the roster hierarchy wise to mess up your title unification match, right? There are some real outside ways it could work, like having Nese and Woods try to interfere and both guys fight them off only to have third Sterling client MJF show up or something with that level of impact but it's still a bad, bad idea all around.

But Tony would realize that, right? He gets that the stakes here are way higher than, let's say, the Satnam Singh debut.

... right?

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 3

Looks like I picked the wrong week to finally turn my back on this company once and for all.

giphy.gif

I guess there might be some interest in the outcome of Mox vs Punk for some people, and others might expect Aussie Open vs Death Triangle to be exciting, or find some interest in a Dax or KiLynn singles match or even hope to get some entertainment out of the Ass Family Explosion. 

Whatever. They turned Bear Country heel, gave them a new name (and a manager). 

I'll be over there, sulking and nursing a grudge.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Damn, looks like I picked the wrong week to miss Tuesday Dark! I started it up, heard the 'Welcome, everyone to..." and realized I watched Elevation but not BTE on Monday, so I circled back around and then fell asleep right after. Sounds like I missed a hell of a development. We've had the conversation a thousand times, but the former Bear Country and Commoroto are "my boys" so I hope for nothing but the best for them. I posted on Twitter a while ago, not sure if I said it here, but I was really hoping someone would be upset by Ruffin' It in this trios tourney (I had assumed at the time the brackets would be larger, but I guess at the same time, it makes sense not to tip your hand too much on every single trio you have).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

Looks like I picked the wrong week to finally turn my back on this company once and for all.

giphy.gif

I guess there might be some interest in the outcome of Mox vs Punk for some people, and others might expect Aussie Open vs Death Triangle to be exciting, or find some interest in a Dax or KiLynn singles match or even hope to get some entertainment out of the Ass Family Explosion. 

It's like when I was 12 and Jimmy Snuka turned evil in Mid-Atlantic.  My heart... was broken.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Damn, looks like I picked the wrong week to miss Tuesday Dark! I started it up, heard the 'Welcome, everyone to..." and realized I watched Elevation but not BTE on Monday, so I circled back around and then fell asleep right after. Sounds like I missed a hell of a development. We've had the conversation a thousand times, but the former Bear Country and Commoroto are "my boys" so I hope for nothing but the best for them. I posted on Twitter a while ago, not sure if I said it here, but I was really hoping someone would be upset by Ruffin' It in this trios tourney (I had assumed at the time the brackets would be larger, but I guess at the same time, it makes sense not to tip your hand too much on every single trio you have).

Dark had a great Comoroto performance. The fans were chanting at him to do a flip. Little did they know...

• Like 2

AEW meeting taking place today
Some things will be addressed today in Cleveland.

Fighful Select has learned that there is a mandatory talent meeting today at the All Elite Wrestling Dynamite tapings. We're told Tony Khan will be present, but not many details are known beyond that. The talent we've heard from expect it to address some of the rumors of unrest, contract inquiries, and personal issues, as well as those things being leaked. However, they've not been given any firm details on what to expect. We'll work to learn details and provide them here. 

Though the meeting is for talent, there are plenty of talent who weren't brought in for this set of tapings and won't be at the show.

MOAR

Who is credited with the idea of Moxley vs. Punk tonight, more details
AEW Dynamite saw a shock main event made for Cleveland on August 24, as the planned All Out main event between Jon Moxley and CM Punk to unify the AEW World Titles was moved up a week and a half.AEW

sources indicated to Fightful that Jon Moxley was in favor of the move, and one source even indicated that it was his idea and pitch, and All Elite Wrestling went with it. The same source also said that "eventually CM Punk agreed to it." We haven't learned if this was connected to any of the reported issues with CM Punk last week. Grapsody's Will Washington noted on the air that he'd heard there was an idea in play a few days before to increase ticket sales and add buzz to the Cleveland AEW show. Fightful has reached out to AEW officials, who did not respond when asked for comment on this story.

We've not been told of creative plans heading out of this match.

Fightful Select was told last week that the decision was not the original plan, and that "multiple plans" for AEW All Out had changed.

Moxley being the one behind it is a li'l unexpected if he loses tonight. Wanting to lose as the home(state) boy? 

• Like 1