DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 5/25/2021

Dolfan in NYC

21 hours ago, AxB said:

It's nothing to do with dead animals. He's actually a big fan of Carry On films. Sid James and that.

(This is a very dated, very British reference).

I thought it was a religious gimmick. He's Karrion the Kross for Jebus.

On 5/26/2021 at 6:43 PM, KidNatural said:

Kross is one of the most beige wrestlers out there with just a bland look and no personality other just being angry man. What exacerbates this is him being paired with one of the most stunning women in wrestling in Scarlett, it just makes the fact that he's a walking tub of plain yogurt more obvious.

They've dropped the ball with Scarlett as much as they have with Kross. She used to have some mystical qualities, reading tarot cards and predicting the future etc. Now she stands around and sometimes makes worried faces when Kross is taking moves. She's as generic a valet as he is a wrestler right now.

It's pretty sad because the Melisandre like character with a big mean-looking dude who does all the dirty work act had a lot of potential. Now you have two uber-generic tweeners with no direction, and to top it off, it makes the entrance pointless. "Fall and pray" works for vindictive psychic with an untouchable enforcer. Not so much for a regular dude in gladiator shorts with an admittedly attractive goth girl of undetermined relationship status at his side.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 12:54 PM, cwoy2j said:

I don't know if it's just me or not but I find Shotzi's character to be terribly inauthentic and too "try hard". The cringe worthy howling, the tank riding, etc just scream "look at me! I'm so different! Look! For real, I am!" I enjoy her in-ring work but her gimmick just doesn't do it for me.

I’ve said this more than once, she reminds me of every too loud, too self absorbed, too obvious poseur I ever met in NYC goth clubs in the 90s. Shotzi Try Hard is super cringeworthy for me.

• Like 1