DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2020 & Beyond)

RIPPA

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

We will all be quarantined for the rest of the year - they are doing you a solid

I have bathed in hand sanitizer and Vitamin C for the past month and a half.  My daughter and I will survive the coming plague.  

Our lives will play out like a live action The Last Of Us, only my kid and I are better shots.

1 minute ago, J.T. said:

I have bathed in hand sanitizer and Vitamin C for the past month and a half.  My daughter and I will survive the coming plague.  

Our lives will play out like a live action The Last Of Us, only my kid and I are better shots.

I hate to break it to you but you are WAY older than Joel

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I hate to break it to you but you are WAY older than Joel

Black don't crack, Rippa.  We'lll be just fine. 

When you hear the horn honk outside of your apartment, that's the signal to grab your family and your shit and run to our vehicle..

I have already scoped out the perfect HMMMV here at the Ft. Lee motor pool for our personal use.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, J.T. said:

When you hear the horn honk outside of your apartment, that's the signal to grab your family and your shit and run to our vehicle..

I have already scoped out the perfect HMMMV here at the Ft. Lee motor pool for our personal use.

Get a JLTV instead.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Last of Us, please...

This is gonna be more Division-like.

• Like 1

Re: Hellblade - definitely intense as fuck but I think the end left me pretty positive. It's a journey to that point, though. Also, fuck the fact that the sequel is an Xbox exclusive. Fuck exclusives, really. Let my Microsoft brothers and sisters enjoy Spider-Man and HZD. 

Ghost of Tsushima looks amazing and is gonna make me break my "don't buy new games this year" pledge.

25 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

I think Setsuna is just a timed exclusive and not a permanent one at least?

Well Ninja Theory confirmed it will at least be on PC too

There has been no mention of it on PS5 eventually (not that it doesn't mean eventually it wouldn't be)

• Like 2

I knew this was coming, but I shouldn't have watched that Hellblade 2 trailer. So upset it's XBox exclusive. Loved the first game so much - I'd be better off knowing the sequel didn't exist.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Ghost of Tsushima

June 26

Very likely to be day 1 for me (although given my backlog when exactly would I play this?)

The only way to play this is Japanese language and English subtitles. The latest trailer gives me really strong Kurosawa vibes and looked like something out of Ran.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jaedmc said:

I knew this was coming, but I shouldn't have watched that Hellblade 2 trailer. So upset it's XBox exclusive. Loved the first game so much - I'd be better off knowing the sequel didn't exist.

9 hours ago, Casey said:

Yeah fuck exclusives (that I can't play).

8 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I mean it's one thing to have an exclusive series, but to have an existing game's sequel only on one system? That's just not fair. 

I mean the studio who makes it is owned by Microsoft. I'm not sure why you are surprised. This is the reason I pretty much avoided Outer Worlds. Any sequel for it will also be X-box exclusive. 

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

We will be fine because I have 100% percent faith in your daughter

She makes sure I survive now.  The zombie apocalypse won't be any different.

2 hours ago, Eivion said:

I mean the studio who makes it is owned by Microsoft. I'm not sure why you are surprised. This is the reason I pretty much avoided Outer Worlds. Any sequel for it will also be X-box exclusive. 

I literally said "I knew this was coming."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I mean it's one thing to have an exclusive series, but to have an existing game's sequel only on one system? That's just not fair. 

Ninja Theory was an independent studio when Hellblade was released (after previously having a relationship with Sony).  When Hellblade did well, MIcrosoft bought them.  

I'm hoping a PS5 port will get announced, but not expecting it.  I may end up buying the new Xbox console just for the game.