DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL LUCHA LIBRE THOUGHTS

RIPPA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since I saw this announced on some random recommended site on my Facebook, has Blue Demon Jr. officially announced he's retiring? Here's the comment they posted: 

Blue Demon Jr has announced retirement from pro wrestling.

He will continue to wrestle for another year to 18 months before officially retiring. He noted that he plans to name a successor, which would be Blue Demon III, in either March or April.

• Like 1

Watched the Atlantis Jr., Mascara Dorada, and Mistico vs. Guerrero Maya Jr., Templario, and Titan match with the football mascots (9/8/23) it was amazing! One of my favorite matches of the year.
I'm a sucker for sports themed wrestling matches. The unique outfits were so good!
The custom outfits were amazing. There's some playfulness at the start, but the third fall hits the crowd and is extremely excited. Excited, loud  Arena Mexico is one of the best atmospheres wresling. The wrestlers are joyfully playing into it do flying all over the place.
Might make it in my top 10 for the year

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here's a few from days when I was keeping better track of my viewing:

- with Solar vs. Negro Navarro & Caifan from AULL in 2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lEeIJTbjy4

- vs. Satanico from Lucha Memes in 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHOsswv-bJY

- vs. Aramis from Lucha Memes in 2018: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BPlYxoupdQ

- vs. Stuka Jr. from CMLL in 2018: https://www.youtube.com/live/zyMg6nJOKwo?si=ZynFxxFi2auDeiLA&t=5724

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2024 at 9:37 AM, Thomas Bugg said:

I'm hearing that Mascara Dorada vs Templario was really, really good. Anyone know where I can see the full match? I subscribed to the CMLL channel on YouTube, but it seems like they only offer clips of their shows.

Yeah, I think subscribing only amounts to getting updates to your email account but not much else.  If you pay to become a member, you get some live streams and Friday shows on a delay.  They've also just recently added a tiered system, which bypasses the non-live aspect but the borderline outrageous charges are not enticing to me at all.  

Cubsfan is your friend, as others have also said.  Of course I agree, but I actually bit the bullet and became a member a month or so ago.  Now they've added tiers, but I won't be upgrading for reasons I have already mentioned.  I'm actually really happy just to have access to full shows again. So many terrific matches in 2023 to go back and watch now.

Edited by Evil Otto
  • Like 1

The first match on the video is Hechicero vs. Euforia, who were partners at the time (2022) in the trio Los Infernales alongside Mephisto.  Euforia is Soberano Jr.'s father, by the way.  Strongly recommended.  

Hechicero and El Desperado vs. Templario and Douki from summer 2023.  Super fun match.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sangre Chicana/MS-1

Santito/Casas

Santito/Scorpio Jr./Bestia Salvaje vs. Casas/El Dandy/Hector Garza

Atlantis/Villano III

There was so much good on the '80s set. Satanico, los Brazos, Mocho Cota, Pirata Morgan, Perro Sr. all deserve to be repped. What is the best La Parka match? Should I be a total weirdo and pick something involving Demus or Black Terry in a parking lot covered with a tarp and consisting of sharp rocks? Trios, apuestas, title match? This is very very hard where I thought it wasn't gonna be...

• Thanks 1

Today's CMLL Informa has been quite entertaining, even though I don't understand Spanish ...

WILLOW NIGHTINGALE will appear on CMLL's "Honoring Two Legends" show on 3/29 ... she will team with Tessa Blanchard and Catalina (that Chilean woman who was paired with the second Sin Cara prior to the pandemic in WWE a few years back) to take on Stephanie Vaquer, Lluvia and Zeuxis.

We also have the Blackpool Combat Club (all four of them -- Yuta was mentioned) taking on Mistico, Volador Jr., Ultimo Guerrero and BLUE PANTHER on 3/29. Danielson cut a promo (in English) challenging Blue Panther to meet him at Arena Mexico, saying BP was his favorite luchador growing up and wants to wrestle him. Panther accepted the challenge in a live interview with the Informa host. Given how Panther looked, I couldn't see him work a one-on-one match with anyone.

• Like 1