DVDVR Message Board

DVD/BR Collector Thread for the Physical Media Enthusiasts

jaedmc

CEMETERY MAN is terrific. When watching the Severin UHD, I was scanning the IMDB trivia, and came across this:

In 2009, the horror website, A Shot in the Head, chose Anna Falchi's boobs from her nude scenes in this film as #1 on their list of the "Top Ten Boobs in Horror Movies".

You know what? They’re not wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Kinda want to grab Cannibal Apocalypse again, cuz I can't remember if I ever got my copy back from when I lent it out a long time ago, but I can just download anything off Soulseek anymore. It's almost more trouble to try and set up the DVD player. 

It really is strange that my movie collecting has pretty much stopped and now all I buy are records or books. In fact I just cleared out an entire section of shelving of nothing but DVDs (including all my wrestling) just for vinyl. 

On 4/9/2024 at 2:29 PM, jaedmc said:

Decided to get in on this Kino Lorber March Madness sale(which runs through most of april) https://kinolorber.com/collection/march-madness-sale-2024

Most movies are in that 10 dollar sweet spot. Absolutely great selection.

Picked up Kinds Hearts and Coronets, The Allnighter, The Long Goodbye, and Secret Ceremony on this sale

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Now that's the spirit! Go for the gusto, take 'em for ALL the box sets, then get the ones that aren't on the box sets! 

Yeah, she made off like an absolute bandit.

She knew to choose Blu-ray, too. Most of the actors either grab DVDs or seemingly dont know the difference.

• Like 1

Yeah love that moment when she accidently pulled the DVD and then slammed that shit back for the blu. You know you're in way too deep in the collector mentality when a moment like that gets your attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Pekinpah ! 

I'm going to be so fucking broke with Pekinpah, Farewell My Concubine, and Perfect Days (!!!). I'll pass on Risky Business unless it shows up on the Criterion Channel.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to get Kino to send me:

The Bride Wore Black; Hardcore; He Walked By Night; Kiss the Blood Off My Hands; Nightmare Beach (to replace my DVD copy); and Outside Man.

• Like 1

One of the themes for the Criterion  Channel in May is 1999, and they have some good films (the straight story, virgin suicides) without actually having some of the great ones (John Malkovich, The Limey, Topsy Turvy). 

it’s a murderers row of pictures that year. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

One of the themes for the Criterion  Channel in May is 1999, and they have some good films (the straight story, virgin suicides) without actually having some of the great ones (John Malkovich, The Limey, Topsy Turvy). 

it’s a murderers row of pictures that year. 

The Limey will be on there as will Girl Interrupted, Bringing Out The Dead (!!!!!), Ghost Dog, Go, and The Insider.

I may end up watching every single 1999 movie that's added in a week, seriously.