DVDVR Message Board

NCAA 2016: Goin' Bowling & PLAYOFFS~

Dolfan in NYC

Made the mistake of watching the Rose Bowl pregame and caught a Penn State redemption puff piece, and now I have to go throw up.

"We're gonna show what Penn State stands for!"

That is precisely the matter in question, young man.

• Like 2

I don't think I even hate Peter Karmanos as much as I hate the ped state "our football team was the real victim and Jo Pa is innocent" pieces of human garbage. Think of the magnitude of that statement coming from me

• Like 3

"HE CAN TEACH PEOPLE THE PROPER WAY TO HIT A LADY, I MEAN NOT TO HIT A LADY, I MEAN, SECOND CHANCES! RARGH! SANDUSKY FOREVER!" - Brent before he's tackled by security and taken away to Fox Sports One to host a new show recapping sports bloopers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EVA said:

LOL Apparently somebody got word to Musberger that Twitter was putting him on blast for wishing Joe Mixon well in the NFL and he just fucking LOST IT on live TV.  Complete meltdown.

I think Mixon has taken way too much grief for that incident. He had smoke blown in his face (outside), called a racial slur, shoved, and then slapped so hard he thought it was a punch. Add it all up and his reaction is pretty understandable and not that far out of line, IMHO. He sat out a year, apologized, told the full truth about the incident from the start (unlike the woman, who lied multiple times), AND he asked for all the videos to be released. He's done his time. 

5 minutes ago, Tabe said:

I think Mixon has taken way too much grief for that incident. He had smoke blown in his face (outside), called a racial slur, shoved, and then slapped so hard he thought it was a punch. Add it all up and his reaction is pretty understandable and not that far out of line, IMHO. He sat out a year, apologized, told the full truth about the incident from the start (unlike the woman, who lied multiple times), AND he asked for all the videos to be released. He's done his time. 

Agree to disagree?

I don't agree to that!

Neither do I!

(Note: These are all me talking to myself, I am insane.)

• Like 1

If we are truly in age of equality, then we should acknowledge that Mixon has gotten punished far more for this than if he hit a guy. I also simply have a problem grilling the guy for responding when he was repeatedly, physically provoked. 

The "hit so hard I thought it was a guy" argument didn't survive the video in the slightest. She pushed him and grabbed at him, but nothing that he could plausibly have felt that way about. 

He broke four bones in her face

• Like 1