Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

NOVEMBER 2016 NXT DISCUSSION


Recommended Posts

NXT sucks and only the untrained wrestlers should be on it and if someone isn't called up it is the world's gravest injustice

But don't have any expectations when they get called up because everyone should start at square one

I mean I am still pissed we didn't get Bobby Heenan introducing Flick Rare - World Champ on WWF programming

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RIPPA pinned this topic

Let's not forget that Nakamura is a sloppy worker, and has now deformed two faces in three months. Will the "higher ups" sour on him now???? #hotwrestlingtake

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They have no plans to call him up to the main roster, so his time in the company is a complete bust.

Also, they're signing too many established indy workers.  It's taking focus off of the developmental trainees.  Every Bobby Roode match equals one less chance for Tino Sabbatelli to shine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Following on from the end of the last thread - Austin Aries is out injured for a couple of months.

Who does Roderick Strong bring from his past as his partner?

Jack Evans? Davey Richards? Alex Shelley? Rich Swann? Neville?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nikki's look is fine. How attractive you find her shouldn't have an affect on the character she's playing.

Right now Nikki and Eric are carrying the gimmick with their mannerisms on the outside (along with the awesome entrance). Sawyer and Alex seem like they'll be fine in the enforcer roles, but they're not too terribly compelling as the focus right now. I think the gimmick will come across better after the tournament when they can focus on EY more, who is by far the most ready for getting this type of gimmick over right now. Nikki getting a feud will help too, because that will add a different touch to the "one guy two goons" booking trope that could easily descend into them being perceived as a poor man's Wyatt Family if they aren't careful.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Following on from the end of the last thread - Austin Aries is out injured for a couple of months.

Who does Roderick Strong bring from his past as his partner?

Jack Evans? Davey Richards? Alex Shelley? Rich Swann? Neville?

Alex Shelley showing up in nxt would get me to mark the fuck out just like Aries and Roddy showing up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

Nikki's look is fine. How attractive you find her shouldn't have an affect on the character she's playing.

Right now Nikki and Eric are carrying the gimmick with their mannerisms on the outside (along with the awesome entrance). Sawyer and Alex seem like they'll be fine in the enforcer roles, but they're not too terribly compelling as the focus right now. I think the gimmick will come across better after the tournament when they can focus on EY more, who is by far the most ready for getting this type of gimmick over right now. Nikki getting a feud will help too, because that will add a different touch to the "one guy two goons" booking trope that could easily descend into them being perceived as a poor man's Wyatt Family if they aren't careful.

I think you sell Fulton & Alex a little short. I thought they played the calm & collected roles well a week or two ago when holding Nikki back. They aren't great in the ring, but neither is Young from the little I've seen of him. They make a good counter to Eric & Nikki's freak outs. Nikki will be the highlight both as a character and in the ring.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we're on the same page there. The Fulton/Wolfe combo is a good fit for the stable dynamic, but right now the focus is mostly on them in wrestling-based tournament which highlights the group's biggest weakness. I've never been a huge EY fan, but there's no question that by virtue of his experience he's the most capable person of selling this gimmick right now, in the ring and on the mic. Nikki is in the process of finding the balance (she was hamming it up a lot last week), but I trust her to work it out and the long-term benefits of adding her to the group will definitely be worth it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by your posts in this thread and this week's TV episode thread, I think you really underestimate Wolfe a lot.

He's been wrestling since 2004, was a main-event-level wrestler at wXw and ran his own wrestling school before being signed by WWE. He's no slouch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

You know who else is a former main eventer who runs a wrestling school?  Great Khali.

From what I saw of Khali in his run on Indian Big Brother (Bigg Boss), his students will master the skill of eating whole eggs.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

You know who else is a former main eventer who runs a wrestling school?  Great Khali.

True. I'm not saying he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I have seen him have good matches, give him a chance.

It just irked me a bit that in the other thread he said Fulton & Wolfe are too green, meanwhile he seems to have no problem with the AoP. Wolfe and Fulton have a combined experience of 18 years, the AoP have a combined experience of under two years.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll admit I didn't know Wolfe had been in the business that long, and it might have been mostly Fulton's sequences that I thought were awkward in that match. I also don't think they're terrible, just that those two as a team are the worst area to focus on in the group's early stages because it doesn't do much to define the gimmick. They have the cool intro, then there's not much to set them apart once the bell rings.

I will grant you that the AoP have had a much easier gimmick/match structure to pull off than Sanity who has to differentiate themselves, but they have projected a more intimidating vibe befitting of their gimmick in the ring early on experienced or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2016 at 7:21 AM, turk128 said:

Is Nikki Storm too cute for her character? Should she Scary Sherri herself up?

If Nikki changes one thing about her, I am going to spike your tires with a screwdriver.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Steve Corino is the guest coach this week at the performance center

Lord hopes it is about promos

"Ok, when Ellsworth hits his No Chin Music, all you lumberjacks outside scream SUPERKIIIIICK!"

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • RIPPA unpinned and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...