NOVEMBER 2016 NXT DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I kinda though

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Both Tommy End and Big Damo worked the Florida show last night

End over Lince Dorado

Damo over Rich Swann

So basically they brought in the Euros to kill the CWC :P

I kinda expected that to be Shane's job after he submits Brock at next year's WrestleMania.

23 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

I kinda though

I kinda expected that to be Shane's job after he submits Brock at next year's WrestleMania.

First he has to make amends with Steve Blackman and get him and Ken Shamrock as his trainers.

Then he has to get his theme music remixed. "Here comes the cult of personality." Some combination of Living Colour, the folks that did Sanity's intro music, and Shane's kids (on tambourine, triangle, and Pink Floyd Dark Side Cash Register) play him out live for his match with Brock. Match starts with lots of punches, because hey, "It's Clubberin' Time."

Sometime after all that, he can claim he's 204 1/2 pounds of greatness and beat either Ellsworth or Kallisto for the Cruiser belt.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 11:58 AM, RIPPA said:

Awesome!

Such a random show but I assume everyone is just flying into LAX from Australia and since they have 2 days until the Vegas show, why not have another.

Per the WWE Japan site - this is the NXT Japan card

Asuka and Ember Moon are both listed as "Scheduled to appear" along with TM61, Wesley and Blake and Hideo Itami

I wonder if they are going to try and get Kota Ibushi for that show already or figure they already have enough Japanese draws

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

The WWE Japan site listed Tye as THAILAND DILLINGER. Just sharing.

Oh I know - when I first translated it I was like "Well that can't be right" then I looked again and went "Nope - Thailand Dillinger is right up there with Winsome Stranger for me now"

32 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I wonder if they are going to try and get Kota Ibushi for that show already or figure they already have enough Japanese draws

Seems like there's a ton of shows being booked at Edion over a certain length of time and DDT is hurting the most from the competition... Kota may not have wanted to work NXT out of loyalty if he's booked for them the following night.

Was at the show at the Theater at MSG tonight. Very good and I had a great time. Attendance was in the 3500 range, not close to sold out but certainly a good crowd for a show on a Wednesday. I have no idea why Nakamura in particular is in NXT. The guy is amazing and oozes charisma, he shouldn't be wasting prime years in the minor leagues at this point. Same for Joe and Bobby Roode. Funny note is that they were selling signed Nakamura pics for $10. Think when he was in for ROH the price for photos was more than twice that IIRC (of course you actually see him sign it as opposed to where they could've had some stagehand sign them as this is wrestling we're talking about) 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sabremike said:

Was at the show at the Theater at MSG tonight. Very good and I had a great time. Attendance was in the 3500 range, not close to sold out but certainly a good crowd for a show on a Wednesday.

Wrestling Twitter already announced the death of NXT, because this show didn't sell out.

Wrestling Twitter is also stupid

Now to Mike's point about Nakamura

This the argument basically in general

Many feel that Nakamura has to be on the main roster because everything else is "minor" league

The WWE (and others) feel that NXT is a third brand and isn't "minor" league (aka it really isn't development anymore)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Z said:

Wrestling Twitter already announced the death of NXT, because this show didn't sell out.

Obviously it's dying. Only 3500 at MSG? And don't tell me they only drew so low because the Knicks were playing there at the same time (true!). 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Wrestling Twitter is also stupid

Now to Mike's point about Nakamura

This the argument basically in general

Many feel that Nakamura has to be on the main roster because everything else is "minor" league

The WWE (and others) feel that NXT is a third brand and isn't "minor" league (aka it really isn't development anymore)

Nak does not need the main roster.  The main roster needs Nak.

That being said, WWE should keep him in NXT for cult of personality purposes to keep that subscriber loot coming in. 

Once the new blood gets trained up and everyone is buzzing about them the way they use to go on about Finn and AA and Bayley, then they can move Nak to RAW or Smackdown so long as they don't bury him in some stupid mid-card angle.  AJ vs. Nak will be an instant classic since those guys are really familiar with each other..

WWE needs to get out of the habit of raiding NXT and overstuffing RAW and Smackdown.