DVDVR Message Board

BOLA 2016

2 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Well Galloway isn't in the tournament, so he could fill that "boring WWE castoff" spot.

Cody Rhodes is already in that spot

• Like 4

With the announcement of the last four (Sabre, Ospreay, Pentagon Jr, Liger) there are only 11 guys back from the 2015 BOLA out of the field of 24.  Which is weird, it felt to me like a lot more than that as the names were being announced.

I mean he isn't working in New Japan from the looks of it.   I can't imagine him going back to TNA giving how they didn't care much about him last time.   He is starting to work EVOLVE shows.  So yeah it is safe to say that

By the way, anyone who looks at Drew Galloway since his release and thinks "boring WWE castoff" just isn't paying attention

22 hours ago, hammerva said:

By the way, anyone who looks at Drew Galloway since his release and thinks "boring WWE castoff" just isn't paying attention

I've seen some of his Evolve stuff and all his PWG matches and he bores the shit out of me.  All power spots, and not because he's impressive looking, but because he just happens to be bigger than indy guys.  It's lame and stands out like a sore thumb.  Oh look everybody, "The Chosen One" is going to throw some small dudes around for 15 minutes, then win or slip on a banana peel.  No thanks.

They've announced all the first round BOLA matches now.

First, Adam Cole is out of the tournament, to be replaced by Cedric Alexander.

Night One:
Ricochet vs. Jeff Cobb
Tommy End vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Marty Scurll vs. Pentagon Jr.
Matt Sydal vs. John Hennigan
Dalton Castle & the Boys vs. Young Bucks & Adam Cole in a non-tournament match

Night Two:
Cody Rhodes vs. Sami Callihan
Kamaitachi vs. Trevor Lee
Mark Andrews vs. Pete Dunne
Cedric Alexander vs. Mark Haskins

I just had a thought about the six man (Bucks & Cole vs Castle and The Boys).  Castle uses different "Boys" in PWG since it's cheaper and easier to just get some extras than it is to fly the ROH Boys in just to walk him to the ring.  It would be awesome if the Boys in this match were ringers.  Cole & The Bucks get to the ring and they're cocky, imagining how outmatched Castle and two tiny, almost untrained dudes will be, and then Castle comes out with Brian Cage and Jeff Cobb dressed in fringe and wearing those frilly costume masks.

• Like 8

Night 1:

• 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Chris Hero vs. Jushin "Thunder" Liger
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Tommy End vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Fénix vs. Will Ospreay
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: "Mr. Athletic" Jeff Cobb vs. Ricochet
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: John Hennigan vs. "Reborn" Matt Sydal
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Pentagón Jr. vs. "The Villain" Marty Scurll
  • Non-Tournament Six Person Tag Team Match: Dalton Castle & The Boys vs. Adam Cole & The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

Night 2:

• 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Sami Callihan vs. Cody Rhodes
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Kyle O'Reilly vs. Matthew Riddle
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Cedric Alexander vs. Mark Haskins
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Kamaitachi vs. Trevor Lee
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Mark Andrews vs. Pete Dunne
  • 2016 Battle of Los Angeles First Round Match: Dalton Castle vs. Jack Gallagher
  • Non-Tournament Tag Team Match: Fénix & Pentagón Jr. vs. Tommy End & Chris Hero
  • Non-Tournament Six Person Tag Team Match: Will Ospreay, Matt Sydal, & Ricochet vs. Adam Cole & The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson)

new-were-not-worthy-gif-474.gif

$70/night for GA for each show seems like a bargain.  Good lord.

• Like 1

I feel like I'm seeing a lot of people saying $70/night is too much for them (which is a little weird when they paid $55/night last year, but I guess you gotta draw the line somewhere).  The shows will sell out, of course, but we'll see if it's the typical PWG "blink and you miss it" sellout.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 7:41 AM, RIPPA said:

Cody Rhodes is already in that spot

Is this the Not So Suddenly No One Cares About Cody Rhodes Thread now?

On 7/22/2016 at 7:52 PM, S.K.o.S. said:

I feel like I'm seeing a lot of people saying $70/night is too much for them (which is a little weird when they paid $55/night last year, but I guess you gotta draw the line somewhere).  The shows will sell out, of course, but we'll see if it's the typical PWG "blink and you miss it" sellout.

I'm really hoping it isn't. Myself and my friend from the UK are planning to make a trip out of this and the idea of a quick sellout is scaring us shitless.

For people who have went through the PWG panic attack before, what is the process of buying online? Do you get an "Add to Cart" option for the event and then you check out via their order form? Can you buy 2 tickets in the same order? Would it make sense to purchase Night 1 and then purchase Night 2? Sorry, like I said, scared shitless haha.

I haven't tried, but it sounds like it's more along the lines of getting good tickets for San Diego Comiccon.  Endless refreshing of the page waiting for it to go live, then seeing how quick you can buy them.  Except instead of thousands of available tickets there's only a couple hundred.

I'd make sure your internet is up to snuff when tickets are available.  I haven't gone but I'm sure guys like @Tromatagon can confirm/deny/add to this.

I've gone twice, but the order process is so quick and not particularly memorable other than the high stress level.  Um, I know for sure that you can buy multiple tickets in the same order.  I always did it all in one order, and I'd say purchasing Night 1 and then going back and purchasing Night 2 is a good way to miss out on getting Night 2.  (Also there are three nights.)

I believe they give you the option to pay through PayPal, so maybe having a PayPal account might make things a little quicker?  Or at least have your credit card number copied in advance so you can just paste it into whatever form they use.  Consider having you and your friend at two separate computers both trying to get the tickets.

Obviously front row is gonna sell out faster than general admission/standing room.

17 hours ago, grilledcheese said:

I am heartbroken that Cobb and Ricochet end up against each other in round 1. I really like Jeff Cobb, and I don't see any way that he gets the W against Ricochet.

I thought the same thing.  I kinda dig Cobb, but, yeah, you probably are going to job out Ricochet in round 1.  Then again, since it seems so obvious, maybe Cobb is going to get the win.

I can definitely see Ricochet losing in round 1.  He's probably not long for PWG, he's already won BOLA once, and it looks like Cobb is going to be a featured guy moving forward.

On the Cobb tip, he's awesome and has fun matches, but the dude needs to get his cardio up.  He was really blown up and moving slow in the Hero match.  Chris Hero was running rings around him, and we all know what Scott Steiner would say about Hero.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2016 at 5:26 PM, Tromatagon said:

A lot of people balked at the ticket prices so it might be a little easier.  It's $300 for tickets that I paid $210 for last year

Well tickets were sold out tonight in about a minute or two so the insanely high prices wasn't much of a factor

At this rate getting the money isn't the biggest issue it is making sure you have the fastest internet.