DVDVR Message Board

FOOTY - Spring 2016

Dolfan in NYC

Guest Edwin

I watched the FA Cup final and that was atrocious... Reminded me immediately why I can't watch the EPL.

The German Cup was good fun.

I wanted to watch the Italian Cup, but BeIN USA doesn't own the rights to it...

PSG steamrolled Marseille and won the French Cup 2-4 as expected.

And NYCFC just got run out of the stadium by the Red Bulls 0-7... It's funny how over 60 minutes in the game NYCFC was still pushing the pace and still couldn't amount to anything.

Guest Edwin

There was a brawl before the NYCFC and Red Bulls fans again.

And Lampard got booed pretty badly when he subbed in near the end of the match.

Also Orlando City is a horrible club. I've seen Cyle Larin linked with a move to Lazio before, but I don't think he would get much playing time with them. He's lazy and slow and blows a lot clear shots for a striker.

He had a solid season last year for a rookie, but if you ignore his 19 goals stat and would actually watch him play, you'd know he could've scored a good 30 - 35 goals with all the good clear looks he got that he missed.

I still can't believe what I witnessed today. It was literally like living out a dream being there and watching it unfold. I was there for 5-0 against LA in 2002 (where noted piece of garbage Mamadou Diallo had 4 goals in his one shinning Metro moment), 6-0 against RSL in 2006 and 5-0 vs TFC in 2009 (the last game ever played at Giants Stadium). Today was just unreal and while nothing can make up for last Friday this was as humanly close as possible. 

After the game there was an altercation where the police got involved. We have a supporters group that basically pretends they are living out Green Street Hooligans and searches for problems. The thing that sucks is that instead of punishing that group everyone is going to suffer from when our allocation is cut to shit.

Also Orlando City is a horrible club. I've seen Cyle Larin linked with a move to Lazio before, but I don't think he would get much playing time with them. He's lazy and slow and blows a lot clear shots for a striker.

He had a solid season last year for a rookie, but if you ignore his 19 goals stat and would actually watch him play, you'd know he could've scored a good 30 - 35 goals with all the good clear looks he got that he missed.

So Cyle Larin is a very poor man's Roberto Soldado? This still makes him the best prospect for Canada at striker in like a decade. Yay!

Guest Edwin
2 hours ago, sabremike said:

After the game there was an altercation where the police got involved. We have a supporters group that basically pretends they are living out Green Street Hooligans and searches for problems. The thing that sucks is that instead of punishing that group everyone is going to suffer from when our allocation is cut to shit.

There was one before the game too. It's pathetic. They don't really have anything to fight over. It's like they see these guys fighting in Roma and Lazio videos on YouTube and decide "Hey, that's what real football fans are supposed to act like. Let's replicate it." even though they have no idea that most of those fights have more to do than just because they're fans of opposite clubs.

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

So Cyle Larin is a very poor man's Roberto Soldado? This still makes him the best prospect for Canada at striker in like a decade. Yay!

Hey, at least in his prime Soldado was good with Valencia. 

Guest Edwin
1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

I really hope the behaviour in the champion's league final is better than I am assuming it will be, because if not this has a legitimate chance to be the worst game of football people will tell me is really great ever played.

Can you please elaborate? I don't see how this won't be a great final.

I have never seen a group of professional athletes that behaves worse on camera than Atletico Madrid. I have literally never seen them come out of a meaningful game without someone threatening a referee (usually it's Simeone himself). Beyond that, all the stuff people hate about the way Chelsea play, but with more baying from the crowd about how all their dives should be worth a yellow to the other team.

They are absolutely fucking awful. There isn't a single redeemable quality to the way they play. And they are playing Real Madrid, so if less than 10 minutes of the game is people rolling around faking injuries it will be a miracle.

Guest Edwin
9 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I have never seen a group of professional athletes that behaves worse on camera than Atletico Madrid. I have literally never seen them come out of a meaningful game without someone threatening a referee (usually it's Simeone himself). Beyond that, all the stuff people hate about the way Chelsea play, but with more baying from the crowd about how all their dives should be worth a yellow to the other team.

They are absolutely fucking awful. There isn't a single redeemable quality to the way they play. And they are playing Real Madrid, so if less than 10 minutes of the game is people rolling around faking injuries it will be a miracle.

You haven't seen much Atlético de Madrid games outside of those in the Champions League, I assume.

Barcelona are the kings of threatening a referee or storming on top of a referee when a foul is called against them.

Who on Atleti actually dives? I watch all of their games and I honestly don't remember when the last time someone dived was...

They're far from awful. If they were awful they wouldn't have made it to the finals of the CL having beaten the Dutch, Spanish and German champs on their way there.

Sure their style may not be pleasing to the eyes because it's mostly based around their defense and counter attack, but they're the best defensive team in the world, so you can't hold it against them for playing to their strengths.

I don't follow the EPL, but I caught the FA Cup final from yesterday because there was nothing else and that was awful... Crystal Palace's defense is a joke and Rooney's run leading to the Mata goal was sad.

21 hours ago, grizzlyedwin said:

The German Cup was good fun.

I really didn´t like it too much. It was fast paced and both teams seemed very sound tactically, but in the end there wasn´t too much happening in regards of chances. Dortmund took a very defensive approach, leaving Bayern with the ball for roughly 80 minutes. Once they started countering they created two great chances, but it was in the span of 40 minutes. Bayern had one good opportunity and numerous "ALMOST" opportunities before. It was good defending mostly on both ends. In the end, either team could have taken home the cup. It was okay Bayern won, but outside of Bayern and maybe Schalke fans I think most fans over here wouldn´t have minded another prevented national double for Bayern.