DVDVR Message Board

FALLOUT 4

RIPPA

Grinding comes from doing shit for your settlement and then constantly doing the same fucking quests over and over again for whatever faction you happen to join

I think half my experience comes from crafting or from the XP bonus from Piper for finding new places

Most of my XP comes from a full Idiot Savant perk with 1 intelligence

In the long run the Idiot Savant perk doesn't give you much more XP with 1 intelligence than 10 intelligence.  Intelligence increases your XP gain at every level and the bonus you get is negligible with a lower intelligence than with a higher intelligence based on how much more you naturally get with that intelligence by itself.  You should definitely get the Idiot Savant perk, because the bonus is sweet, but keeping your intelligence low isn't really worth it.

Who would you rather nail: Mama Murphy or Trash Can Carla?

I don't wanna fuck anyone in Fallout. No one has been able to take a shower in 200 years.

And there isn't a clean mattress anywhere. Also, not a one of these fuckers owns a blanket. The Commonwealth is a shitty place to sleep.

I like how Abernathy Farms was all OH NO! GHOULS!!!

And then was all "It's right around the corner!" and it was literally on the opposite end of the map

(I am assuming the game just randomly picked a settlement I hadn't found yet but God Damn - Abernathy Farms to Croup Manor is a haul

Who would you rather nail: Mama Murphy or Trash Can Carla?

I don't wanna fuck anyone in Fallout. No one has been able to take a shower in 200 years.

And there isn't a clean mattress anywhere. Also, not a one of these fuckers owns a blanket. The Commonwealth is a shitty place to sleep.

Imagine the natural diseases they all have too. But that's what RadAway is for

Clearly none of you went to Vault 81 then

My exact thoughts. Vault 81 is loaded with clean men and women, many of whom seem dissatisfied with their partners.

Again, Vault 81 is a huge missed opportunity for assorted wackiness.

My Charisma-and-Perception-heavy build is doing far better this time around.  Even got Mama Murphy off Jet.

To give her something to do, I decked her out in army fatigues and a hard hat, gave her a rifle and put her in charge of Defense at Sanctuary.  There's no way this goes poorly, right?

Love the story behind Vault 81.

Changed Curie yesterday. She might even be more fun to flirt with than Piper.

Also went ahead and joined the Railroad. Don't seem like bad guys so far. Despite the small number they are way more together than the Minutemen and seemingly are only in trouble due to the power of who they are facing in the institute. Think I will move forward with Brotherhood next and then onto the Glowing Sea.

So Oberland Station needed my help against an attack, I get there and don't see anything for a little bit. Look where everyone's shooting and they seem to be attacking a brahmin. Thinking maybe someone's just hiding behind it, I run up and see a corpse next to it, brahmin gets shot to death. I search the brahmin first and it has... caps and fusion cells... and a synth component. Huh. Corpse was also a synth. Population went from 12 to 10, so I guess the brahmin counted as a person. Settlers were talking about how the Institute won't mess with them anymore..

Those random "x settlement is being attacked" things pisses me off.

I got word that one was being attacked, so I rushed over there, and nothing's going on at all. Everyone's just doing their thing. So I think "game's acting funky, screw it" and leave. Then later, I get a "you didn't defend X settlement," and they've lost resources and all this bullshit.

Then it told me once that I didn't defend a settlement when I was never told I had to defend the settlement in the first place. I would've, had they told me to, I wasn't doing anything. But the first I heard of it was the game telling me I'd failed to do something I didn't know I was supposed to do.

You know, this game's a lot like a job.

Those random "x settlement is being attacked" things pisses me off.

I got word that one was being attacked, so I rushed over there, and nothing's going on at all. Everyone's just doing their thing. So I think "game's acting funky, screw it" and leave. Then later, I get a "you didn't defend X settlement," and they've lost resources and all this bullshit.

Then it told me once that I didn't defend a settlement when I was never told I had to defend the settlement in the first place. I would've, had they told me to, I wasn't doing anything. But the first I heard of it was the game telling me I'd failed to do something I didn't know I was supposed to do.

You know, this game's a lot like a job.

It's the exact reason I stopped doing Minute Men quests. Fuck those guys.

For at least one of the attacks on my settlement I had to walk around to the usual target spots before it actually started. If nothing is happening after that I believe it is supposed to be a case of one of your settlers being a synth and you needing to hunt them down.

It's the exact reason I stopped doing Minute Men quests. Fuck those guys.

Those have little to do with the Minutemen and are more a part of the settlement system in general.

I read something that said if you get to a settlement and there is nothing attacking it (despite the game claiming so) it means that it is about to be attacked by ghouls. Supposedly it is just because they are slow

Not sure that is always the case but whatevs

Luckily, that's when my obsession with improving stuff comes in. You told me to come here but there's nothing actually popping off right this second? Well, I haven't been to Oberland Station since I discovered it, so let me dump all this junk I've been hoarding here and see what I can build. Wait, I've never even bothered to scrap all the crap around here. Turns out that I can actually build a bunch of stuff. Let me start doing that, even though I don't use this settlement at all. Oh, shit...*now* things are attacking me? Glad I hung around for home improvement, I guess.

I need to start doing something main quest related. By the time I get around to Shaun, he'll have children of his own. Besides, everything I read makes it sound like Nick is a cool guy to have with you as you roll through the wasteland, so I should probably keep that appointment at his office we made months ago in game time. He's been very patient!

Oh, when the synths were killed at Oberland, it didn't tell me the I completed defend the settlement. So when I fast traveled away, it just told me I failed. Whatever.

Usually when I randomly get a failed to defend settlement, I check if I have an autosave from a few minutes ago, which I usually do, so I just reload that and travel to wherever needs help.

Finally traveled the Glowing Sea. Its not as frightening as I was expecting. The bugs are a bit annoying, but the Deathclaws and radscorpions have been surprisingly easy. To be fair I have two evil weapons in Spray n' Pray and a Never Ending Combat Shotgun. I love the are a though. Its just nice and different with the look and atmosphere. The main story bit that takes you there is also pretty cool

Am I the last person to learn that you have to assign Settlers to beds?

I mean some of them will figure it out but some won't

That is why you can find folks just standing around in the middle of the fucking night. God Damn Zombies

That hasn't been true for me.

Are your beds in spots hard to get to?

Nope - all my houses have nothing but beds and it will be like 3 in a room and 2 will be occupied and one won't be.

And as I said - some of them will be assigned with out me doing anything. Some wouldn't

Only reason I realize it is because some guide I was looking at for something else brought up assigning beds. Now I have to find it again.