DVDVR Message Board

The UpUpDownDown thread

AxB

Tony Chimel,bloody hell. Odd that all of the 'guys who don't play videogames' guys want to play Frogger. Was it bigger than Space Invaders over there or something?

No... but there were loads of awesome games from that era. Now I know most Americans haven't heard of things like Manic Miner/ Jet Set Willy and the Llamasoft stuff that was big over here, but Space Invaders, Galaxians, Pac Man and Asteroid were international. And also awesome.

So, looking at the final bit where they show the bracket, I guess Thumbs is Kendrick and The Ced is Cedric Alexander. But in the SDLive bracket, there is (along with Miller and Oklahomie who we know). Welling, Hasty and Pop. Any guesses as to they are?

Also, the UUDD Superbowl won't be the same this year without the Sizzle halftime show.

On 11/5/2016 at 6:43 PM, AxB said:

No... but there were loads of awesome games from that era. Now I know most Americans haven't heard of things like Manic Miner/ Jet Set Willy and the Llamasoft stuff that was big over here, but Space Invaders, Galaxians, Pac Man and Asteroid were international. And also awesome.

So I gotta know after seeing Man vs Snake - was Nibbler a hit over there?  I never even heard of it before the documentary.

1 hour ago, John Austin said:

isn't POP AJ? Prince of Phenomenal IIRC

Yeah - that's it

I have seen AJ on so many of them where they don't mention his nickname that I forgot he had one

You would think there would be a wiki list

Stupid internet