DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

56 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Well yeah, that's called defending your position. That's you instigating that crash in that case.

But if I don't challenge, I don't win the race and I don't get paid.  This ain't fucking NASCAR. 

17 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

Or cover my ground well enough that you are the one to spin out, and not me. Just can't let youself get PITed.

I rarely spun out, if ever.  I always yielded my spot to Rippa and let him come barreling in and then you both would take each other out while jockeying for position. 

Then I'd floor it and swing past the carnage.  As long as I was in the Top 3 finishers, I was good.

16 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

And as long as Mis-Teeq isn't on the radio

I never lost a race when the Pet Shop Boys, Shark?, Battle Tapes, or the Hot Snakes were on the radio,

OHHHHH iIIII HAAATE CALIFORNIA GIRLS THEY DON'T BELIEVE IN NOTHIN~!!

i couldn't listen to FlyLo or WCC when racing because I'd pay too much attention to the songs.

Dat beat...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Robert C said:

Unless your girlfriend called.  Or the Jehovah's Witnesses showed up.

To this day, my beloved still manages to call me a the worst possible time when I am playing Destiny.  Phone never fails to ring during a raid or a strike or when I am playing PvP and my team is barely hanging on to a lead.

I still have my special jean shorts handy to put on just in case attractive, unsuspecting, female JWs show up at my door.

"Aren't you ladies cute!  Yes I'd love to have some of your literature.  Why don't you come inside for a few minutes?  Would you like something to drink?"

• Like 5

Do you know the new one will be just four players? I figured I'd get that one just because all you yayhoos seem to like it so much. Plus there's this hot half-my-age chick at work who loves it. She insists I play the first three first, and I'm like "no, I won't be doing that unless you start dating me, then I'll start taking orders like a good little boy. Until then, suggestion appreciated, suggestion rejected."

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

The worst part is there are just so few titles coming out soon that seem like a total hit for just about all of us. Like, maybe Mass Effect, but that's just 4 players. 

Yeah, I was trying to think of one on the horizon, and I dunno.  Maybe a new Red Dead, if they ever come out with one?  

Some ex-Rockstar employee put on his LinkedIn profile that he had worked on Red Dead Redemption 2 last month, so obviously they've been making that.

If I was a 'GTA news' youtuber, I could have got a ten-twelve minute video out of that sentence.

GTA 6 has been in development for over a year now.  I imagine we'll get the band back together by 2018 and my old man metabolism will still keep me from staying up past 10 PM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you have a XBone by then

ME: Andromeda should be out by 1Q of next year, so I have 8 to 12 months to get it done.  Pray that I win the lottery or something.

• Like 1

I had a daydream that our GTA toons were all chillin' at the Vanilla Unicorn drinking beers and celebrating some bank heist we pulled off  

Nikki was on stage shaking her ass to West End Girls.

It was a good daydream up until the point where I noticed that Fresh and I were wearing matching leather jackets but he had on the same cowboy hat as Rippa had on and Dolfan had on a tank top, tiny athletic shorts, and flip-flops .. 

Then the daydream got really fucking weird.

I am also starting to miss the GTA Online days.   "Rippa, break out your sniper and take out that guard over there. (*blam*).  Dan, when the shit hits the fan, get in the airplane and take off immediately..... GODDAMMIT MARK GET BEHIND HARD COVER~! WHY IS FRESH DRIVING HIS CAR STRAIGHT INTO ENEMY GUNFIRE~? FUCK~!"

Why the fuck did the devs not put that remix of Feel The Same by Battle Tapes into the VU playlist?

That is a gentleman's club track if ever i heard one..... not that I frequent those sorts of places much in my advancing years...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, J.T. said:

ME: Andromeda should be out by 1Q of next year, so I have 8 to 12 months to get it done.  Pray that I win the lottery or something.

If you don't have one when ME:A comes out - I am not sure we can be friends anymore

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

If you don't have one when ME:A comes out - I am not sure we can be friends anymore

Like I am going to miss out on the first day of ME:A co-op.  Pffftt....

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Make an ME piggy bank and put a dollar in it every day until the game comes out.