DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I always really did try to avoid contact, especially since I'm no good at pitting in a race, and always ended up crashing myself while my intended target drove off unaffected.

That even includes plane races, where I would inevitably end up crashing into Dan at least once.  I will admit I didn't feel too bad about those particular crashes, even if they were unintentional.  Stupid plane races.

Been rereading this thread the last few days, and it's really making me want to get back into freemode.  Gonna try tonight if little man goes to sleep at a decent hour

I tricked Cristobal into using a TNA catchphrase once (he's never watched any TNA wrestling in his life). Killed a random in a lobby and said "Sorry". He immediately spawn killed them and said "Not Sorry". It's like we were a two headed transatlantic James Storm.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

So are Havoc and G serious about their youtubes, or just messing about with it? And if they ever get around to posting GTA, are you lads going to be in it?

Haven't really seen any indication of seriousness. I almost never see either one on GTA anymore.

And "Sorry-not-sorry" is an internet catchphrase, not a TNA-thing</wrestlingbubble>

Y'all used to pick plane races just to piss me off.

I have managed to really PIT randoms in races a few times. I pinned one dude against a wall. He started it.

If I had to bet, I'd say "sorry ... not sorry" is a reference to Paul Reubens' character in whatever Cheech & Chong movie that was.

We never say "not sorry," it's kind of implied by the utter indifference in the apology.

I had fun fucking with a couple of people earlier tonight - one shot me down in a plane, so I went to deliver a bit of retribution. He was at the airport, so I went there. He grabbed a helicopter, so I went on the roof of the airport. Turns out you can go pretty much from end to end on the roof, a lot of space. Didn't know that. He got shot down, a buddy of his got shot down, he got shot down again, his buddy bailed out of a Cargobob and got sniped as soon as he landed. They rushed me and I killed one with this lucky grenade launcher shot and shot the other one as soon as he appeared on my roof.

They regrouped and were getting ready to attack from two angles when I said "this should be funny" and quit the game.

• Like 1

Stout, tried to join you, but the game was fucking with me and wouldn't let me join anything for at least an hour.  You were long gone before I could get into anything.

When I did, though... Good Lord, I've missed this game.  The game decided it liked me, so it gave me kill 20 players as one of my 3 objectives for the day.  I spawned into a room of nice, ordinary white dots with a $1000 bounty, and immediately set to chasing dots.  3 dots came after me together, but I had em outnumbered.  I got about 35 kills before anybody got that bounty.  Had some fun kills in there.  Sticky bomb traps in alleyways, sticky bombs on POVs, and shooting a guy out of his turret version insurgent, then stealing it and causing havoc.

Then proceeded to go psycho, totally ruin the server, and turn it into a giant scrum.  Wandered into an intersection that had four other dots, in it, and was the only one to walk out alive.  Couple of VIPs showed up, and that made everything batshit crazy.  Turned into about a 20 person scrum just west of the city hall - one of my favorite places to fight.  The competition got better then, and it almost got to the point where it was too crazy for me.  Almost.  You'd have hated it.  I went through all my stickies and RPGs twice, and blew up at least a dozen POVs.

Had a hell of a lot of fun.  Only thing that would have made it better was having the nite shift together to really punish dots.

• Like 2

I could hear me now ... "goddamn, there's a lot going on."

Game acted wonky for me all night. Kept getting kicked out of rooms, put in my own room, put in with one other person.

I like just going up to people to see what they're gonna do. I'll pull up next to someone and just sit there. Next move is theirs. If they go for a gun, it's time for the ol' Allah Akbar. Then comes the lesson about the bull and the horns. Problem was, I found myself teaching this lesson tonight to a Level 3 and a Level 10. They fired first, true, but it's hardly sporting.

• Like 2

Forgot to mention the hugely satisfying kill I got in the middle of that scrum.  I was in the middle of that huge median a couple blocks west of the downtown pay and spray when a dot came up fast behind me.  I just had time to turn around and fire off a few shots.  Turned out it was a gold painted Kuruma.  Didn't help the driver, though, since I still managed to shoot him out of it.  Then I noticed that the guy I killed was named Gold Sniper.  I chucked a proximity mine on it and ran off after a VIP and his bodyguards.  Never did figure out if I got him with the proximity - there was just too much going on and too many notices popping up.

After the game kicked me from the room, I wound up in another one that was so tame that I was able to write last night's post while claiming the castle.  After that got done, I looked at the players in the room.  It looked like a social experiment gone bad.  There were 4 red dots, one of whom was in a jet, and 3 white dots.  I was the lowest level red dot by at least 100 levels.  The highest red dot was 600+.  The white dots were level 1, 5, and 6.  All 3 had K/D of 0.0

• Like 3

ad_201242708.jpg

Gold Dubsta 6x6's are so 2014. "Ooh, look at me, I'm finally level 100, maybe I can get my K/D over 1.0 now."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Gold Dubsta 6x6's are so 2014. "Ooh, look at me, I'm finally level 100, maybe I can get my K/D over 1.0 now."

Then they hit 120 and they think they're gonna rule the world with their new minigun.  Those are always my favorite guys.  I love explaining the benefits of auto-targeting to em.

• Like 1

I'll be playing Fallout 4 and occasionally utter the mayor's famous words "that sumbitch got a minigun!"

EDIT: OK, trying to play. Spawned in a room of my own. Find new session. Spawned in another room of my own. Find new session. Spawn in a room with one other dude. Find new session. Spawned into a room of my own. I think it doesn't want me to play.

It's amazing that this game has been out since what seems like 1924 and the servers are still wonky as shit.

Holy Hell looks like theres been a hellova block party in the mean streets again. I have contemplated Xb one....new gun, Xb one....new gun......Xb one.....new gun. I am still up in the air. I have $1,500 to blow just need another $1,000 - $2,000 for the gun I want. Tryin to decide if a $400 set back gettin a one is good or bad. Thats why I haven't been on the forum in so Dalm long. It makes me wanna one and think Hell $400 is just another month set back but rukered messaged me today and said get on the forum. I had several pages to read and dalmit I wanna one. I wanna sticky, shotgun, proximity, rocket, grenade launcher bouce, grenade toss, fuck a mur mur no need for it, but I wanna ball bat, golf club, machete, punch, run over, off radar, hellicopter rotor, plane land, jet ski splatter, and most importantly snipe the ever lovin dalm shittin hell outta lil white, pink, and by gawd sold red dotted lil bastard ass bitches. 

To be continued.......eventually!!!!!

Love and miss ya my brothers!!!!!

Oh yeah i liked so many posts but knew I would run outta likes before I got offa the first page I hadn't seen. Just know I read em, I felt em, I loved em!!!!

• Like 3

I got on for a bit tonight.  Found a small scrum down near rooftop rumble, and ran em all off.  Last two were in one of those new armored limousines.  You must have to call those things in, because I blew it up twice in never got charged.  Sure white dot, hide behind your armored limo.  That'll save ya.  Got the server down to one guy, and he bailed out after I killed him half a dozen times in a row.  

Next server had a big scrum down by the airport, but it dumped everybody just as I got there.  After that I couldn't get in a room, so I said fuck it and went back to Fallout.

Weird thing of the night.  I've been collecting the blue and yellow Sentinel XS to sell.  Got almost a full garage of em.  Went in there tonight, and one of em has the crew emblem on it.  I damn sure didn't put it there, so I dunno how it got there.

Geez o Pete, I finally got into a room with some people and just got thrashed for my trouble.

It didn't help that I started off with a $9,000 bounty from my last session, which drew attention from a guy in a dunce cap. He and a buddy took turns whipping shit out of me until they took off for what had to have been a 20-person scrum at the beach. No thank you.

Nearly everyone in the session was at the beach, so I drove around pointlessly until this guy on a motorcycle honks, then sends me an invite to be his bodyguard. Sure, why not? By this time, the huge scrum had moved to Del Perro. So I follow the kid into the middle of the scrum, we both get killed, he leaves. I then proceed to take my asskicking like a man.

Meanwhile, there's someone in passive driving a tank. This person has a wanted level, and about 2,000 cops chasing him. The tank would just randomly drive through the scrum, bringing even more chaos into the mix. It was easy to tell the game was unhappy with everything going on and started to act incredibly strangely until I got separated from the room.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jstout said:

Geez o Pete, I finally got into a room with some people and just got thrashed for my trouble.

It didn't help that I started off with a $9,000 bounty from my last session, which drew attention from a guy in a dunce cap. He and a buddy took turns whipping shit out of me until they took off for what had to have been a 20-person scrum at the beach. No thank you.

Nearly everyone in the session was at the beach, so I drove around pointlessly until this guy on a motorcycle honks, then sends me an invite to be his bodyguard. Sure, why not? By this time, the huge scrum had moved to Del Perro. So I follow the kid into the middle of the scrum, we both get killed, he leaves. I then proceed to take my asskicking like a man.

Meanwhile, there's someone in passive driving a tank. This person has a wanted level, and about 2,000 cops chasing him. The tank would just randomly drive through the scrum, bringing even more chaos into the mix. It was easy to tell the game was unhappy with everything going on and started to act incredibly strangely until I got separated from the room.

Time to send a help me hologram to Obi-Wan Melraz.

20 people on the beach.  yeesh.  I mean, I still woulda gone into it, but the whole time I'd have been thinking "wow, I'm a dumbass", even before the shooting started..  That's setting yourself up to get spawn sniped about 300 times in a row

Near as I can tell, becoming a bodyguard pretty much amounts to holding up a sign that says please shoot me in the face.  I killed a shit ton of bodyguards two nights ago, along with for 4 or 5 VIPs.  Their different colored dots seem to make em a target for everybody.

• Like 2

Consider the Xbox One price drop - there is no reason not to get one.

My reason for not rebuying GTA V is because I really value the little sleep I get

• Like 3

9 hours ago, melraz09 said:

Holy Hell looks like theres been a hellova block party in the mean streets again. I have contemplated Xb one....new gun, Xb one....new gun......Xb one.....new gun. I am still up in the air. I have $1,500 to blow just need another $1,000 - $2,000 for the gun I want. Tryin to decide if a $400 set back gettin a one is good or bad. Thats why I haven't been on the forum in so Dalm long. It makes me wanna one and think Hell $400 is just another month set back but rukered messaged me today and said get on the forum. I had several pages to read and dalmit I wanna one. I wanna sticky, shotgun, proximity, rocket, grenade launcher bouce, grenade toss, fuck a mur mur no need for it, but I wanna ball bat, golf club, machete, punch, run over, off radar, hellicopter rotor, plane land, jet ski splatter, and most importantly snipe the ever lovin dalm shittin hell outta lil white, pink, and by gawd sold red dotted lil bastard ass bitches. 

To be continued.......eventually!!!!!

Love and miss ya my brothers!!!!!

Oh yeah i liked so many posts but knew I would run outta likes before I got offa the first page I hadn't seen. Just know I read em, I felt em, I loved em!!!!

Cmon, man.  You know you wanna try it.  Just think of all the little white dots you haven't sniped.  I feel like the bad guy in a 70s era ABC after school special.

Did I mention you get a hatchet that gets stuck in NPCs when you hit em in the neck with it?  

Also, damn Nate, you've got expensive taste in guns.  

• Like 2

Well, he has so few guns...

That was my exact line of thinking when avoiding the beach scuffle. I knew I'd get killed immediately upon entering, then get spawn sniped 500 times in a row. That didn't sound like fun.

It all goes back to my rule - I was playing at 2:30 in the morning with the deviants and ex-cons. I gotta get on at 1 in the afternoon to kick around some "mur mur mur pistol" types.

When I thought I'd try being dude's bodyguard, I thought "night can't get much worse, screw it." The beach scrum was, I think, teams of VIPs and bodyguards. Seems like most of the room was one or the other.

Oh, and I like the sweet "thwack" sound the machete makes. I gotta try that hatchet thing.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2016 at 7:36 PM, jstout said:

Remember, when racing against crew, the rule is to wreck them as hard as possible, then say "sorry" as insincerely as possible.

Mis:  WHICH ONE OF YOU MOTHER FUCKERS JUST PIT-ED  MY ASS INTO THIS GUY'S FRONT YARD~??

JT:   sorry..

Like he didn't have it coming....

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, El Dragon said:

I still think the funny thing is I legitimately 100% never intended to wreck people. That's not sportsmanlike. I was just a shitty driver.

But you weren't terribly broken hearted after getting wins via unintentional shenanigans, so I wasn't terribly bummed when i would accidentally put you into a wall every time you blocked the passing lane while I was riding your slipstream.