DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You should get extra RP on Titan of a Job for stunting the Titan on the way to the drop-off. Knifing it through the Maze Bank and that.

Every mission was 2x/2x on Thursday. Select missions were 2x/2x during the week. I think, but am not sure, that they picked the select missions by person who gives them.

By the way, if there's more than one of you on, don't sleep on the VIP/Bodyguards thing. I did that with my ol' buddy Bobahesh the other day, and it's a fairly easy way to make bank if you play it right. You can trigger off these different jobs, and one is surviving a 5-star wanted level for 10 minutes. You know what to do, grab the Kuruma and just drive around, and I think it's $20,000 for the VIP and $10,000 or so for the bodyguard.

Also, you can select the "come and get me" mode, and if there are just a few people in the room and they don't give a shit, you can just stand around and let the timer count down for even more money.

Plus the real good thing about the mode: VIPs, if they own one, can call in a Buzzard and have it delivered in their lap. None of that going to the heliport shit. It's like having the mechanic deliver a car, except the car flies and has homing missiles.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Level 200!  

FINALLY hit it last night!

TIme to start a second character.

You can join the bikini squad.  You just have to be of with knowing that all the guys prefer Burke.

I'm taking over Andrew's Level 24 character on my account. 

She's a ginger who just came out and is working through her issues. Although she doesn't know why people keep disrespecting her. 

Old school moment, I had to do a Team Deathmatch yesterday for my dailies, and of course, I ended up 3-1 against a 250, 190, and a 40.    I'm still a Level 29 with the second character, so I'm expecting a pounding.  Fortunately though, they left owned weapons on, so I got to use my Special Carbine, Heavy Shotgun, and Marksman Pistol. 

Short version, I did not win.  But 3 on 1, I got them 25 times to their 33.    By the end, they kicked me out.  #proud

The spirit of melraz, stout, and everyone else flowed through me and they hated me for it.   

DVDVR - We shoot because we love. 

• Like 3

So, I would describe my playing style as "people in the same freemode lobby as me don't like me".

In honor of that, I have remade my character over to look like Roman Reigns.

"Baby Girl" Petrol can confirm this.

By the way, the new "ghost" mode in freeroam is one of the dumbest things they've done to cater to poorly skilled players. Apparently, if you kill someone three times within a five minute span, their "wasted" screen gives them the option to go in passive only to you, for a small amount of time. Giving them the chance to escape.

I actually managed to land in a public lobby first try for the first time in months, and I even got to do the new sumo thing with actual randoms, so it seems to be working better for me.

Now, only playing it about an hour a month will certainly make you do some stupid shit when you do start playing it again, but that's not Rockstar's fault.

Works better. Everything is relative in GTA. Did you know they're pimping shark cards in-game now? They send you emails.

I wonder if the next GTA game is gonna be online only. Why bother spending the dough to make a single-player mode?

Did Criminal Mastermind this past evening. Been wanting to do it for some time now. First attempt (obviously) too. Took about 6 hours and change. Nice 10m payout, not that I needed it. Getting the badge was nice though.

I'm used to it, but since I switched to PS4, my snack/armor menu has been locked on setups/heists, which made the possibility iffy. But I've got mad skills, yo, I don't gotta worry about that sheeeeeet.

#suckit

Works better. Everything is relative in GTA. Did you know they're pimping shark cards in-game now? They send you emails.

I wonder if the next GTA game is gonna be online only. Why bother spending the dough to make a single-player mode?

I hope not, but I could see them going in that direction.  This game is a ridiculous money maker.  I was listening to the CAG podcast and it was number 3 in sales last month.  That doesn't factor in Shark cards.  I don't think I've ever seen a game that has legs like this.

I hopped on a little last night to get the new weapons.  I like the new assault rifle a lot and the double barreled shotgun is insta-death at close range.  I made some guy do that new passive mode after I killed him 5 times in a couple of minutes with it.

I dunno if everybody's is doing this, but when I'm in Freemode, the game doesn't tell me when I've killed someone. I get the message that my asshole level (or whatever it's called) is rising, and I get a message if I've blown up a personal vehicle, but not that I've killed the player in the vehicle.

I can tell that their blip's gone off the map, but it's still weird.

I just had another odd one happen - joined a contact mission, completed it, everyone voted for Titan of a Job. I was stuck in a loading screen forever, then finally came out of it and appeared to be back in Freemode, but I couldn't pull up a menu of players, look at a map or draw a weapon (even though I was definitely not in passive mode). I couldn't even get anything to pop up when I hit start, so I couldn't even quit the game proper.