DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Is there a whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com type site for this one in the game?  That would be TREMENDOUSLY useful with the smartphone, particularly if it could use your location like Yelp.  (If there isn't one, THERE SHOULD FUCKING WELL BE ONE.)

As for radio, like I said before, Mirror Park and Soulwax have been my go to stations, though I've been enjoying Nonstop Pop and West Coast Classics as well.  Channel-X I like in small doses, but after two or three songs I gotta switch to something more musical.

Curse you game, for having it rain while i was playing golf. I went from -3 to finishing par on last three holes.Is Juliet the only stripper you can take home?

Chastity refused to go home with Trevor for me the other night.  Though I'm hoping its because they're all programmed to just not to leave the club with Trevor on account of his having the "stuff you in the trunk and bury you in the desert" vibe, and that Franklin might have better luck.

Sapphire, Nikki, Infernus and Juliet will leave with you.  The others won't.  Man, some of the in-car interactions on the way home are hilarious since each character has 3-4 lines and they just randomly select one stripper comment and one response.

Sapphire: If you get me drunk enough, I might give up the back door...

Michael: You seem like a real nice girl!

Re: Golfing in the rain--I had a similar experience, but with flight school.  I was doing pretty well until that midnight cloudburst, too.

• Like 1

I just had what felt like a 15 minute cop chase, following the Ballas ambush at the recycling plant. I ended up driving in to the water and swam to shore. I thought for sure i would have failed when lamar or stretch drowned, but they followed me to shore and then back to franklins house.

Spoiled below are the ending choices and what happens, so don't click if you haven't gotten this far yet. There's also some questions about the assassination missions in there. 

I just noticed that you could replay the endings you didn't choose, and as I chose the Austin Aries rule (Option c) I wanted to check out what happens if you kill Trevor or Michael.

And jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez they're depressing. I maintained that the game was very very short, but it was still long enough to get something of a connection with each character, and Michael was my favourite by far. Did not want to kill him, and Trevor was justified in his JUDAS! shouts, felt sorry for that guy because while his mind had gone, he knew what was going on.

Hows everybody doing with money? I don't know how i'm going to ever afford the golf course for example. I want to buy everything to 100% everything, did I make a mistake doing the Lester stock market missions too early? Were they still available after the last mission when you have 25m for each character? Because looking back they were a huge waste.

Also, not a spoiler, but:

There wasn't enough heists in this game. For a game THIS big to only have about three or four heists and only 2 of them you really get payoffs (Sorry if i'm off with the numbers by one or two) it just seems very underwhelming.

Last thing to my rantings, GTA 4 seemed to have a lot more to do than GTA 5. Maybe I just haven't noticed it yet.

A fun touch about buying

Los Santos Customs

is that you can

mod your car for free as much as you want.

I apologise for spoilering so much, but every last drop of this game I would prefer new to me, i'm sure others feel the same.

A friend and the Rogan podcast alerted me to the DMT/monkeys/aliens youtube video. NO WAY that wasn't Rogan inspired! It was pretty funny hearing Barnett and Rogan talk about it as they watched the Youtube video. Thats all. You can carry on with actual GTA 5 chatter. 

The credits list three different movies--"Capalovoro", "The Loneliest Robot in Great Britain" and "Meltdown"--but I have never seen Meltdown playing.  It's always Robot before noon and Capo for the other two shows.  Does Meltdown unlock after a story event or something?

There's some Michael missions that ensure the movie gets out.

So this looks to be the basic way to how to maximize money so you can buy the expensive properties like the golf club:

Basically, do all the heists, choosing option C, and anything else that gives you a decent amount of cash, like Michael's Epsilon missions. Do not buy any property at all. Once this is done, do the Lester missions, and pick up the stranger who needs a ride to the airport that you can find near the Ammunation in Chumash (that's up the Pacific Highway a few miles). Immediately throw every dollar from all three of Franklin/Michael/Trevor into the associated stock tips so everyone can take advantage. This will leave everyone with upwards of $150M or so.