DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Oh yeah they took out the lucha masks too guys

There's a lot of clothing from single-player that didn't make it over to multiplayer. I'm hoping they'll slowly roll them out.

Including my badass Queenbury Boxing Club t-shirt.

Reminder guys, as members of the Rockstar Social Club, once you buy your first garage online, you get a Annis Elegy RH8 sports car for free. Just get on your phone and order it. And it automatically it insured and has a tracker on it. Actually, you may be able to get it without a garage, but it will replace your existing personal car. And I'm not positive on that, so don't blame me if you waste it!

EDIT: Same thing with the Sawed-Off Shotgun at Ammunation.

Things I want to see re-balanced:

1. Dying in deathmatches shouldn't you so much money. Every activity you do should be progressing you further, not making it a gamble. It makes me not want to play deathmatches, because I may lose money!

2. Golf, tennis, arm wrestling.... all structured missions/games should have a monetary reward. A player right now is basically punished for playing these.

3. Would like to see more clothing from single-player added into multiplayer. Especially the Lucha masks and my favorite Queensbury Boxing Club T-shirt.

All that said, I'm still having a blast. These are nitpicks.

I would assume lack of cash generated/losing a lot for dying is part of the incentive for people to buy the money packages.

I only got as far as creating my guy. It was also kind of annoying that Sony put up a PS3 update.

Fresh, Mark, and I are some drug-hijacking fools.  I netted 25K in my first night's work and my permanent ride is some sweet 2012 Camero looking dealie.

I will try to save up to get the 360 crew a crib or something, but the lure of clothing and a garage glimmers and beckons me.

Mark needs to get some more girlie clothing for his chick toon.  Some fitted jeans or something.

I have a shitload of overtime and Night Diff on the next paycheck so if the Shutdown lasts until Friday, I could live with that especially with so much money to be made in stolen meth.  $9000!

Play with our guys if you can because there are cash and EXP bonuses for doing missions in a group and an additional bonus for working with crew members.

There was no new system update, there was an update for GTA 5. That's how you get the online portion of the game.

yeah I got the GTA update. But there was also a PS3 one that I had to get first before I could even boot GTA up. it was for some BS like turning trophy notifications off and changing names of stuff on the XMB.

Yeah I got the same PS3 firmware update as well as the GTA one.

Right, i'm online now, proudly sporting the DVDVR t-shirt, and looking for someone I know.

..I know nobody. Is anybody from our crew online and is it easy to find each other?

If you go into the Online section of the pause menu, there is an option to join crew members. So from there you can see if anyone is online.

It will also probably help to add any crew members to your PSN friends list as well.

Anyone else lose their shit for 

"HE'S BLAAAAACK!" if you get busted at Michael's house trying to repo the SUV?

Annoying that they make you go all the way around the back, climb up through the window and make your way downstairs when you could just as easily walk through the front door and into the garage that way. Feh.

(Yes, I'm playing catch-up.)

There was no new system update, there was an update for GTA 5. That's how you get the online portion of the game.

yeah I got the GTA update. But there was also a PS3 one that I had to get first before I could even boot GTA up. it was for some BS like turning trophy notifications off and changing names of stuff on the XMB.

I must've gotten on before the update came.  I couldn't get online on the GTA game anyway.  I created my character and then it said unable to host online session or something and put me back to story mode so I just played that. 

I have pretty limited time to game nowadays, maybe an hour or so before I go to bed.  I tried to get on last night around midnight and couldn't connect.  I'm not gonna sit around and try and try just to log on and hope I can get into a game.  It's no skin off my nose.  I'm still only around 25% of the single player.  I tried to burn through some story missions last night but I kept getting distracted with stuff like hunting (damn mountain lions made my hopsital bills skyrocket) and random stranger stuff.  I did manage to get through Trevor's initial set of missions and now can switch between all three guys.

Took me over an hour to finish the first helicopter course; when I did, I got a silver.  Made a bronze on the 'speed course' on the first try but still feel pretty incompetent at it.

Currently struggling with skydiving; I keep ditching the chute too early and falling 20 feet when it looks like it should be 5.

Took me over an hour to finish the first helicopter course; when I did, I got a silver.  Made a bronze on the 'speed course' on the first try but still feel pretty incompetent at it.

Currently struggling with skydiving; I keep ditching the chute too early and falling 20 feet when it looks like it should be 5.

Yeah, skydiving can be a little tricky in the beginning. Try using LB + RB for the precision mode, it helped me a great lot.

Man fuck Time Warner Cable and their shitty ubee modems.  Mine just died and they claim they have no one that can come out until Monday to fix it, so I guess it's continuing the single player campaign for me.