DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

See the new car called the Rhapsody? Apparently it's based off the car in Wayne's World, hence the name. Should have back seats though. No clue why the Lemmy Beard is called 'The Ambrose'.

Yes, it is based on the AMC Pacer, the most famous AMC Pacer being the Waynemobile from Wayne's World.

I am also surprised that not too many people have figured out the inside joke concerning the game name of the car.

I agree that it should have back seats but I've never seen a two door car in this game allow for four passengers to ride in it.  I don't think you can even get into the backseat of a convertible unless it is a four door.

I hit that fucker going REALLY fast.

Also, I got Melraz 3 times with the chopper blades. Bad thing was I was trying to get the other guy in passive mode. I wasn't use to Mel wearing a white/gray shirt, I've been gaming with him for like 6 months now and he's always been wearing a black shirt. He eventually taxed me on this, which was totally acceptable. Mistake or not, three times in a row within a couple minutes....I understand.

Yeah, Robert manages to shoot me at least once a game if I am not wearing a leather jacket.

So you're saying I should never drop the hockey mask and desert camo armor?

Actually, I can't drop the armor. I turn it off and I can still see it. Mel told me it was a bug and at least one of you were having the same issue.

Anyway, I rarely change my look unless I get a wild hair and want my dude looking suave. Then it's all black dress pants, vest with shirt, full head of hair and sunglasses.

That lasts up until I start getting my ass whipped and then it's, "screw this, I need my battle look." It's kind of like turning your hat around in Over The Top.

"It's like a...like..like a switch you know? I'm...like a machine. Like a truck."

• Like 1

That lasts up until I start getting my ass whipped and then it's, "screw this, I need my battle look." It's kind of like turning your hat around in Over The Top.

"It's like a...like..like a switch you know? I'm...like a machine. Like a truck."

Dear God, I'm glad I'm not the only one that also has a full battle rattle feeling about certain outfits. 

I am not sure what it is about my Lone Wolf leather jacket, Red Skull t-shirt, my Chocolate Ranch jeans, brown boots, and my steel aviators that makes me a war machine in deathmatch play.

Rippa's magical wig splitter outfit seems to be the Sen Dog from Cypress Hill look with canvas hats and track pants.

In my defense, I'm almost always on the opposite side of deathmatches from JT, so I'm used to seeing him in that damn jacket.  Threw me off the first time I wandered into a firefight he and melraz had started in freemode, and somebody came running at me in all green. 

I had the same problem with the armor always showing.  Stout showed me how to fix it.  First make sure you turn off the armor always showing switch.  Then go to a clothing store and buy an outfit.  It doesn't work on tops/pants/etc, but if you buy an actual outfit from the clerk it will hide the armor.  Once you do that, you should be able to change to any clothing you want without having the armor show itself.

In my defense, I'm almost always on the opposite side of deathmatches from JT, so I'm used to seeing him in that damn jacket.  Threw me off the first time I wandered into a firefight he and melraz had started in freemode, and somebody came running at me in all green. 

Yeah, my look does tend to include a lot of leather jackets.  I bought all of the available leather jackets in the last DLC even though I really really really hate the Chestnut one.

We had no problems playing late last night. Did a bunch of missions with Austrian Sensation Herby~!, looking natty indeed in his white suit with white and black Dubsta 6x6. There was one fail of Coveted that made no sense, but otherwise it was OK.

I get in moods - sometimes I wanna split wigs in Freemode, sometimes I wanna hang back and sell cars, do missions and run races. Last night was kind of an "anything but Freemode" night after the nignt before's epic Freemode run, so when Herby wanted to do some missions to shore up his cash supply, I was all over it. We probably made about $200,000 for the evening.

And more missions would be fun, but there's gotta be a middle ground between Rooftop/Coveted payouts and the chickenshittery of the payouts on that last batch of missions they came out with. Herby and I did the one where you gotta run around kiling about six or seven dudes all over the map in a certain timespan and while it wasn't necessarily hard, it's an awful lot of work for $5,000.

Racing and deathmatching are fine and dandy, but I enjoy missions the most.  Must be the super-criminal in me.

There is something to be said for the entertainment value of shooting someone else in the head in free mode, though.

• Like 1

Shit, I keep forgetting to post this, but we're up to page 297.  Is this the longest running thread on the board?  

I rarely go and look at other subforums on the dvdvr mb anymore.  

There was a Nolan Batman thread on the old board that was around for nearly eight years and I am sure it was nearly a thousand pages long.

Yeah, I was talking about *THIS* board.  I've been lurking around here since the DVDVR was up on...I'm wanting to say geocities, but damn that was long ago.  I still miss the wrestling urban legends thread, I've never laughed so hard in my laugh, even if it was mostly nsfw.  

*edit*  I had a few connection issues last night, but all in all, not much problem.  I was able to skate around freemode and piss off the whole map a few times and only getting killed once in two rooms before bailing to some missions with Stout.  I went into full on dick mode launching rpg's sticky bombs and heavy sniper rounds into everything that moved.  Blew up a couple PV's with two people in there.  

Coveted, I don't know what happened there.  Good times were had, and it was good to hear Herby back.  I really hope USA kicks Germany's ass in the world cup, but I'm a realist.  He may show up soon in a Tuesday night session, I'll have to give him the 411 on you dirty PIT maneuvering  bastards though.  

*edit 2*  Not enough was mentioned of JT getting all smooth with the Japanese chick the other night.   "No no don't kill her"  even though our sticky bombs were useless.  

Jobber Thursday was very productive.  I think we all got quite a few medals squared away and IIRC Rippa unlocked two achievements.

We did not need to throw the golf game to Mark.  I think that was my worst performance ever.

I found my XBox cable and am now hard wired to my router.  Let us see what the cloud has in store for me.  Not sure what I can do to improve my conectivity other than mess around with my NAT settings and I'm not really comfortable tweaking the pipe. 

My kid will hit one of those flash game sites like Kizi and the malware will just pour in.

• Like 1

Yeah I got the actual XBOX achievements of Numero Uno and Decorated. I didn't realize that I was missing a shooting gallery win so it was a happy accident when JT threw Shooting Grid to me so I get that out of the way.

Level 98 so the grind continues.

Of course then I remember that I really need to get to 120 not 100 and I am sad

• Like 1

I need to work on my grenade throwing and sticky bomb skills.  I always forget that I have explosives on me when we are playing deathmatches.  Probably because we've done so many Forced + Pickups to keep things fair for the lower ranked guys that I never think to use other weapons in my arsenal..

The Quarantine deathmatch was nowhere near annoying as I thought it was going to be. That would be fun to do with more than 4 people and when we are playing it straight.

The bike race straight down the mountain can eat a bag of dicks

The Quarrantine map was The LS Riots map on a smaller scale, so I really enjoyed it.

The bike race is identical to the frustrating enduro in one of Dom's Strangers & Freaks side mission so yeah, it can eat bag of dicks.  I had flashbacks of auto-failing that damn thing four times in a row as Dom performed perfect bike PIT's on me and knocked me off of the side of Mt. Chiliad.

I'm HORRIBLE at throwing grenades and sticky bombs. I've gotten some occasional great kills out of both, but it's been all luck. The only thing I'm fairly good at is if someone's following closely behind me while I'm in a car, I can usually drop grenades out my window as I'm driving and blow them up.

I never think of stickys as a tactical weapon, like lining an alleyway with them and waiting for some dimwitted player to cross the line. I hate/really envy those players who are good at driving around in a car and chucking stickys at people on foot. 

My only two confirmed kills with sticky bombs were when I used one sticky bomb to kill two players at the same time who were on their way up the fire escape at the Galleria to seek revenge for me car bombing them to death.

I had the stairs wired to explode.  I killed Andrew like that once in the Observatory deathmatch but I did not get medal credit for the sticky bomb kill.

I have four grenade kills against crew members in deathmatches but they were all pure luck.  By the time I remember to attempt a grenade throw on randoms in free mode who are in cover, they either change their position or I've just flanked them and killed them.