DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I've done a few in FIB.  I kinda like matches there - lots of action, and you do have some options on how to approach it.  I've played a couple of the ones in the Biolab - hated of them.  I've also done a couple inside that one bank you can enter near the movie theater.  Those are alright. 

I didn't even bother to go looking for one. I knew that everytime I go looking for one for Melraz, I can't find one, so I said "screw it, I'll make this back in two Rumbles. FORE!" and bought that sumbitch.

The Sandking absolutely pays for itself the first time racing off-roads with randoms who have PIT you dozens of times in previous races and you spend the whole race running them over and causing havoc on those poor sons of bitches.

We did the race with the Pronto (the one that looks like the Smart Car)

That things was annoyingly fun

JT also told a story about a dude who was causing havoc in freemode in a Pronto that had us in tears

I am digging the Sen Dog phase of Rippa's outfit search and its effect on his deathmatch play.  Mother fucker is extremely dangerous following me teaching him how to combat roll.  A tactical mistake on my part perhaps given that the bastard was the MVP of last night's team deathmatch that I was on the losing side of, but it evens the playing field.  If you want victory in a DVDR deathmatch, you are going to have to earn it.

Andrew should be told that there is a leopard print jacket to go with the Leopard print skinny jeans he is so fond of.  I killed a guy last night in free mode who had that outfit along with the fucking cat shirt and the cat mask.  He deserved to die,

Speaking of deserving to die, the story about the Pronto.  I was watching WEAZEL while getting ready for work on Wednesday morning (comedy brightens my day) and there was some asshole Rank 266 guy named Ripfrazzle dressed in clown makeup, a purple beanie, black scarf, purple polo shirt, and lime green skinny jeans.  Obviously he's seen The Dark Knight one too many times.

Anway, this guy is out there spawn killing some poor Rank 13 guy who just wants to mod a car.  I say out loud, "I hope something bad happens to this asshole," and all of a sudden a Pronto with a flower power paint job doing about 80 mph slams into him square from behind while he's in the street chasing the lowbie.  The Pronto hits Ripfrazzle so hard that he backflips over the roof of the smart car, lands on his head, and dies.

I laughed so hard I dropped my oatmeal on the floor.  I had to buy breakfast on the way to work.

The Event Weekend is in full swing.  i got my Bitch 'N" Dog Food shirt this morning.  You don't need to buy it at a clothing store.  When you log in, it shows up in the Special section of your wardrobe inventory.  I was on for about an hour, but did not see any crate drops in free mode or the invite-only room I built to get my event t-shirt.

• Like 1

I've done a few in FIB.  I kinda like matches there - lots of action, and you do have some options on how to approach it.  I've played a couple of the ones in the Biolab - hated of them.  I've also done a couple inside that one bank you can enter near the movie theater.  Those are alright. 

I hate the one in the biolab.  Robert and I smoked two dudes like blunts in the FiB deathmatch.

Andrew, Dan, and I cleared one of the new Survivals last night. I was awake at an unusual hour because of more mortgage dread crap from my girlfriend, so I needed to fire a shot in anger at police men and tire myself out.

REMEMBER FRUITVALE STATION~!

• Like 1

I am dumb.  Vinyl Countdown is the record store from Vice City and Homies Sharp is the parallel to Phillies Blunt from San Andreas.

I must now collect all three shirts this weekend.  I will be taking my console with me to my girlfriend's house.

So, full credit to our own Dan on finding a perfect spot for the new Lincoln Square Survival (a/k/a the park where you meet the legalize pot guy with Michael).

Go to the tunnel on the West side of the park, one person on one side, one person on the other, the other one or two can be rovers between both sides supporting whichever side is getting flooded with cops at that moment.  You can get roughly 800 headshots, and the rest are cops literally and hilariously jumping down to their deaths.

Even better, you've got helicopter cover.   Andrew, Dan, and I handled it with 3 deaths between us.  It was even easier when James joined in when we ran it again. 

Easy, peasy, japanesey. 

I'll always think of Legion Square as UFO Alley.

Melraz, Robert, Mis and I came to the same conclusion on that one first time we did it, but it took us a bit to figure it out and we never really got into a rhythm other than "SURVIVE!" with it. I tried to stay topside until about Wave 8, but I got tired of dying and got underground.

I'll play the damn things with you guys 'cause you're my bretheren, but I swear, I'm never playing another "steal a cargobob from Fort Zancudo" mission with randoms again. I had Le Buzz-ard~! and was just peggin' cop choppers and still lost my wanted level, somehow. But instead of chilling out and waiting for everyone else to lose theirs, I kept defending the cargobob and picked up three more stars, which were impossible to shake. 

I never saw a crate drop the whole time I was playing last night. As I was getting on, J.T. was leaving, so the night shift punched in again.

Rippa pulled off what may have been the most hilarious/irritating kill ever on me last night in that DM under the pier.  Mary Lou into a melee kill.  I think I set a record in that match by getting melee killed 5 times - 2 by Rippa and 3 by Andrew.  Add to that being blown up by the grenade that Kelvin's corpse had dropped, and blowing myself up with the RPG, and I was the king of dying in annoying ways.

• Like 1

I'm gonna get into a deathmatch with you assholes, and every single one of you will be Mary Louing around me like one of those Russian dance troupes while I stand there looking puzzled and cursing you loudly over the mic.

I'm gonna get into a deathmatch with you assholes, and every single one of you will be Mary Louing around me like one of those Russian dance troupes while I stand there looking puzzled and cursing you loudly over the mic.

I likely will never do the combat roll unless by accident.

Of course, i also hate deathmatches now.

I really wish you could set deathmatch teams, because the Mary Lou's vs We who are too stubborn to learn how to would be so much fun.

You'd find it less fun when the Mary Lou's win 25-3. :)

It wouldn't be that close. I'd look like a pincushion from all the knives in my back.

DVDR deathmatch: 

I'd be scratching my head saying "what the hell?" while Dan's behind me choking me out with a fancy piece of ribbon. This is what y'all have been practicing your jazz hands for.

• Like 1

The best part of the one DM we did last night was

1) me stunning Robert the fact that I Mary Lou'ed 

2) getting multiple melees the ONE time it wasn't my god damn objective

Oh and somehow during the course of play - Andrew lost his mask and I swear to fucking God I thought we were playing with Larry Sweeney

• Like 2

The best part of the one DM we did last night was

1) me stunning Robert the fact that I Mary Lou'ed 

2) getting multiple melees the ONE time it wasn't my god damn objective

Oh and somehow during the course of play - Andrew lost his mask and I swear to fucking God I thought we were playing with Larry Sweeney

It wasn't just the Mary Lou.  It was the Mary Lou followed by the melee insta-kill that got me.

Rippa:  Did I mention JT showed me how to Mary Lou?

me:  I fucking noticed.

DALMIT THEM DALM THINGS AINT NEVER ROUND WHEN I AM. I HOPE YOU BLEW EM UP FOR ME MANE.

Damn things disappeared on me.  I was gonna try to get like 10 of em and park em all on top of one another.  They vanished before I could get any more.

• Like 1