DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Good tip on the passive thing - lots of people are doing Rooftop Rumble and coming out of that mission in the same place, and it can get a bit crazy.

Melraz and I wanted to knock off relatively early last night, but other players kept waving the Big Flag o' Stupid and getting our attention, like the level 100-plus guy sitting in the dead center of the crate drop zone waiting for the crate to fall on his head (not the way it works, boss), so Melraz tried to help him out by causing him to spawn somewhere else on multiple occasions. He later got the double "call mercs and muggers and watch the fun from your apartment" treatment.

Then there was that level 300-plus guy - startng to develop a sweet tooth to figure out if these level cheaters can back up their big levels - most of the time they can't, and this was no exception. He'd go to the Great Beyond, Melraz would leave him a litle sticky present stuck to his nearby car, and he'd respawn, go find his car, get in, drive off, and boom. This happened on more than one occasion. Finally he headed East at about 7,000 MPH (I could hear the screaming in the distance, something about "fruitcake") and we wrapped it up for the evening.

• Like 1

Gotta say, the 5 on 4 Last Team Standing today, where it came down to me vs. 4 that I somehow won? Might be my proudest moment in GTA Online so far.

Fun Fact: Melraz is allergic to Pistols.

Who books the heel winning a 1 vs 4 handicap match? ;)

Gotta say, the 5 on 4 Last Team Standing today, where it came down to me vs. 4 that I somehow won? Might be my proudest moment in GTA Online so far.

Yesterday evening was fun.  My buddy Andrew (Hoyven Maven for the unintroduced) got from Level 4 to 10 yesterday with 90 minutes of effort.  My hope is he can get all the way to Level 30 without ever having to sully himself with a Lamar or Gerald mission.

That was spectacular work on the LTS.  Made me want to sing

• Like 1

Also learned last night that an XBOX Live chat only can hold 8 people.

Poor poor voiceless Fresh

And we really should have done LS Forum while we had our group of 9

Who books the heel winning a 1 vs 4 handicap match? ;)

I am tempted to joke that I am the Triple H of GTA Online, but maybe the better analogy would be "I do what Mark Henry would do if the DVDVR hivemind had the book"

Also learned last night that an XBOX Live chat only can hold 8 people.

Poor poor voiceless Fresh

And we really should have done LS Forum while we had our group of 9

That's why I dropped out after one game. Went back to Walking Dead. It's no fun if I can't talk to anyone. I didn't really wanna play anyway, I just saw all you guys on and thought it would be fun.

That, and I was part of the 4 that got fucking embarrassed by Dragon.

• Like 1

Ironically enough - we did one more thing and then three people dropped so we could have easily brought you back in.

Of course - since you had already started playing Walking Dead and I know your dislike for GTA, I decided to not bother

I never saw anybody on the other team in that LTS, including Dan - who was the person that got me.  I'm assuming it was a sticky bomb I missed spotting.

Highlight of the night was getting into a fistfight with Mark during that one GTA race, after we fell off our bikes at the same place.  If we'd done LS Forum, we'd probably still be in the race.  It would probably have turned into an impromptu deathmatch.

On the deathmatch front, the game can go right to hell on team balancing.  Dan, melraz and RUkered on one team, for every match?  Really?

We made some more friends after everybody took off.  Ran off everybody on the server, except for one guy that we couldn't find, even though his dot was on the map.  The reason became clear when I started getting run over by an invisible car.  That's one glitch I haven't seen before.

Does the game always keep your score vs other players from session to session?  I got into it with somebody on Saturday.  I blew up him and his car, and then he sniped me in return.  The game showed I was up 12-3 on him, and I'm pretty sure that I'd only got him that one time, at least that night.

• Like 1

Does the game always keep your score vs other players from session to session?  I got into it with somebody on Saturday.  I blew up him and his car, and then he sniped me in return.  The game showed I was up 12-3 on him, and I'm pretty sure that I'd only got him that one time, at least that night.

I was noticing that last night - it'd say I was up or someone was up on me 4-1 or something when I'm positive I had just rolled up on them for the first time in the game. It kinda goes back to what I was saying about never remembering who you're fighting with - maybe I had scrapped with this guy in the past, I dunno.

And those pistols and pickups deathmatches are a pain. Baby's gotta have his toys. I understand why they're a good thing in terms of fairness for everyone in the deathmatch, but ... they should have a setting where everyone has the same weapons the lowest-ranked player in the deathmatch has.

And speaking of shoulds, I'd kill for a gun safe or a gun locker in my apartment so I can get rid of the guns I never use on my weapon wheel without throwing them away. 

And I don't know how many it'll hold, but y'all should've filled up that Lodge deathmatch. Dolfan, tell your buddy if he wants to level up some more, any of us will abandon our usual paths o' destruction to have him along on some higher-level, but still easy, high-paying, high-RP spam missions like Coveted or Rooftop Rumble - I think we could do those in our sleep at this point. I love helping lower-level players.

• Like 1

And those pistols and pickups deathmatches are a pain.

The pistol deathmatches don't really bother me, but I'd like to have the opportunity to use my own weapons once in a while since I am fairly close to geting the Scoped Out platinum medal (sniper rifle) and the Looking Down The Barrel gold medal (assault rifle).

I've noticed that the Forced (Pistol) + Pickups deathmatches we've done seem to only offer Micro SMG's or the lesser shotguns as alternate weapons.  Doesn't really help my sniper rifle kill count.

And speaking of shoulds, I'd kill for a gun safe or a gun locker in my apartment so I can get rid of the guns I never use on my weapon wheel without throwing them away.

If you are shooting for the Buy Every Gun platinum medal, you will end up having every available firearm on your person.   That's a bitch to try to manage.

Why not put an armory in my penthouse so I can grab whatever I want?

600px-Underworld-M16A1wA2HG-2.jpg

I drop the basic pistol at the beginning of every session so that I default to my HP, but it will always show up when log in again.  If I can't drop it permanently, at least let me go to an armory and keep it at the crib so I don't have to scroll through the weapon wheel to get to what I want.

Last night we were doing the forced/pickup just because Dolfan's friend - being a single digit level - didn't have any weapons.

Otherwise - I feel like I have caught up enough in level that it isn't a huge disadvantage anymore to do "owned"

Of course - I say that knowing full well that Robert, stout and Melraz all have access to the minigun

The minigun is truly overrated. Maybe it's because I'm really bad at it, but I couldn't imagine using it much in combat because you gotta be out in the open to use it. We did that new Maze Bank Survival, and I'm still kicking myself for trying to snipe a helicopter down instead of using the minigun, but those times are few and far between. That Heavy Sniper at Level 90 is where all the fun's at.

I think "pistols + pickups" is really a great idea to level the playing field, I just personally miss my toys. It's no coincidence that the best I ever did at a deathmatch was one where we kept all of our weapons and I went on a sniping spree.

If anyone lower level ranks into a gun and doesn't wanna buy it, lemme know - I've probably got it on my weapon wheel and never use it, you can have it. I did this to successfully give Herby one weapon, but we tried it again with something else and it immediately took it away from him. He's a driver, not a fighter, anyway.

You can't auto-aim or take cover when you've got a minigun and you can't really run and gun with it.  There are disadvantages to using it in deathmatches if there is plenty of hard cover.

Mark's golf course deathmatch has a lot of open space, so that works to the advantage of the guy with the Minigun because the range of the damn thing is functionally line of sight.. 

If you are hiding behind a vehicle, it may as well be a rose bush if a guy with a minigun is bearing down on you.

Sniper Rifles with Advanced Scopes are the grand equalizers but again... limitations.  I have killed one or two a distracted snipers in deathmatch play.  I killed a sniper with a knife in one of the rare public deathmatches I was invited to..

I love stalk and cover tactics far too much to use a minigun in a deathmatch.

minigun is useless against anything other than helicopters, at least to me.  I might try it if we do LS Forum GTA, but that's about it.   The fully upgraded combat machine gun, on the other hand, is my baby.

melraz will take everybody out using only the heavy sniper.

I bought every gun I didn't already have once I got the minigun.  I got the achievement, then immediately dropped about a dozen of them.  There was a giant pile of guns on the beach when I took off.  I just wish the game wouldn't keep giving the Uzi back to me.

If nothing else, the pistol deathmatches are making me much better at getting headshots.  What pisses me off about those is when you only get a dozen bullets for the pistol, or when you you get a rocket launcher pickup with one rocket.

• Like 1

Playin death matches with crew I wouldn't use mini gun or rocket launcher. I might would sling an occasional grenade in my launcher but that'd be it. Only guns I really ever use are assault and heavy sniper. Well the AP pistol when I'm inna car.

I was finally gettin the hang of the pistol though in death matches. The one with the different levels I'd say 10 of the 16 kills were with the pistol.

Oh yeah - that was the Observatory

That one was weird because I think for the team of me, Robert and Mark - I got the first 7 kills

Then it all went to hell

• Like 1

I think this is my favorite death of all time (well me kickin the bucket). There was a buzzard with 2 people in it on rukereds ass in freemode, he was on the phone so his headset was off but I knew he could hear me through the TV so I hhollered purdy loud bring em sum bitches my way. I was standing on top of a cop car in the middle of the road. Here comes the buzzard. I can see the passengers shiny whites through the cross hairs of my heavy sniper so I shot that bastards teeth through the back of his head. Now for the pilot...shit I missed....shit he's getting close swap to assault rifle bust at bitch OOHHHH HEELLLL YEAAAHHH...oh shit that chopper is getting close was the last thought through my head as the blades took it off.

• Like 2