DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I made over $15,000 doing Bridge of Death (not as a team, as singles) for 20 minutes with 8 other guys. Got 60 kills. Only used the AP Pistol and the Heavy Sniper.

Ages ago I did a 60 minute, no kill limit Team Deathmatch once. My team started winning so most of the other ones quit, and the ones that didn't quit ran away and hid in the city. We still won by like 100 kills though.

Now they've fixed the bike ramp thing, 4 Way Madness on bikes is a lot of fun. That new Beachside race is a good one too.

Haha I did not know that

Don't listen to that twit.  Those are my initials to my name.

The playing field is level already. High level players (except RP Glitchers, who should be banned for being stupid) earned the right to have superior weaponry and armour by playing the game more and better.

Bah, your problem is you forgot how to use a normal pistol, man. :D  The loss of range is culture shock for high ranked guys used to carrying the Advanced Rifle and the Heavy Sniper in free wandering mode..

But yeah, I have seen the Locked + Pickups setting eat a lot of my ammo, especially Sniper ammo and I have also encountered the cover issues.  I have been shot through entire buildings before, but have been perfectly safe on the other side of a Sprunk machine. 

Cover seems to work universally in story mode and free wandering online, but there are definitely issues when the topography becomes a deathmatch map.

• Like 2

That new Beachside race is a good one too.

We discovered "Bluffing" this weekend - I don't know if that was the beach one you were talking about - but that was annoyingly stupid fun.

There was a NPC soccer mom who had it out for Dolfan who ran him over like 3 times in 10 seconds.

I of course splatted against the pier multiple times trying to thread that needle

I ran into Austrian sensation HERBY on Friday afternoon before heading off to pick up my kid for the weekend.  I had to warn him that I fitted the Simeon High Priority I/E with an ignition bomb.  Almost blew up crew.   Not good.

i had to turn down multiple deathmatch invites from Robert last night because I was gaming with the Austrian Sensation and he's not into deathmatchery, he says. He's such a nice, enthusiastic guy, and a heck of a player. We did a couple of missions here and there so he could make some money to upgrade his cars.

I really should correct him in the name of improving his English, but it makes me smile every time he pronounces "epic" as "eee-pic" with the hard e. 

I was actually telling him about the ignition bomb thing. Didn't have any idea he'd nearly found out firsthand. 

A guy in a jet and me, in a helicopter, were going after the same dude on the ground with a bounty last night. The dude in the jet was being just an unsufferable shitdick in the general chat and didn't know I was in there with my mic muted. He accidentally runs into me and blows us both up and starts immediately bitching about me. So I had to unmute the mic and give him the ol' Nelson Muntz "ha ha!"

I then got to enjoy watching and listening to ol' Top Gun go to the military base, get another jet and set out toward a Special Crate, where he got beat the hell down by four other players who were over there with a quickness. I wanted to sit back and send them notes that said "don't fight among yourselves, destroy him!"

That's okay - Robert just bails out on the deathmatch after inviting you in anyway :-)

Abandon unwitting crewmates in Prison Thugz, one time and you're branded for life.

Stout picked the right time to ignore my invites.  I probably only did 20% of them.  At this point unless I'm with crew I bail out for these:  I see Prison Thugz, Ryan's Privates, Seal Team 6, melee only, vehicles & matches that clearly won't have enough people to be any good.  That covers most of the matches I drop into randomly.

Tried the car bomb over the weekend on somebody that clearly knew what he was doing.  I had my car wedged up against the LSC door, but he managed to ram it out of the way.  On his way out, I hear an explosion, and his blip disappears from the map.  I didn't get the message that I got him though, so I just stayed put.  After a minute or two, he shows back up on my map.  He couldn't find me, and I couldn't get a shot on him, so eventually he just took off.

I think all of these were user-created because they had no descriptions at all. I would've done them had I not had company, I don't care. Deathmatches kinda serve to sharpen my Freemode skills, I think, and I actually get paid for it instead of constantly losing money like one does in Freemode.

That said, I'm doing none of those deathmatches Robert listed above unless it's 100 percent people I know. There's always someone wandering around in Prison Thugz who's level 784 or someone grabs the bus (every time I've played that one with all people I know, we have a gentleman's agreement to stay out of the bus).

Yeah, if it's you and a bunch of strangers, by all means, run over them goobers. But I don't play that one with strangers, just friends/crew who all agree the bus sucks and it shall not be used. The deathmatch is fun the first few times you do it because it's different, but after that, it's just more luck as to who gets the weapons (if there's any) and who gets the draw on who. 

Yesterday was fun as I randomly popped into a race with sports cars, and I keep getting PIT maneuvered by some dick in an orange car...   so since I get knocked from 1st to last, I start to get pissed, and then I suddenly look at the tag over the driver  "Plippa19".    

It was my mission the rest of the race to ram him off the mountain.  Bastard. 

Yeah, for a guy who claims to be distracted and not trying, metatext sure does PIT me the fuck off of a course with pinppoint accuracy.  I think if he tried that on purpose, he'd kill about eight or nine pedestrians.

Well.  Car Bomb Victim #23 was some Rank 132 asshole that hijacked the Simeon High Priority I/E car from some poor Rank 20 guy and then shot the lowbie five times before going to sell the car. 

Unfortunately for the lowbie, my bomb destroyed Simeon's repo, so he couldn't retake it and go make some money off of it.  I thought for sure the high rank guy would've been smart enough to just toss a grenade and blow up my trapped car, but I guess muscle memory got the better of him. 

The 132 was quite pissed off that his grief the low rank guy session ended in payback instead of payday.   Angry enough to send me a rather vulgar voce PM through XBox Live.

Too bad it expires in 90 days.  I'd keep it forever if I could.  I am nise Niko Bellic enforcing Manny Escuela's street justice.  God rest his annoying soul.  Playing that PM over and over and enjoying it has made me realize I am becoming the monster I hate the most.  Holy shit, what is wrong with me? :D

And yeah, I am not afraid to fire a point blank grenade, pay off an insurance premium and a medical bill, and eat a bad sport point if it means killing the two assholes in a fucking adder camping my penthouse that decided to bear down on me at top speed when I decided to make a run for a Mammoth to turn into a vehicle bomb.  (The high-pitched shriek of "MY CAR~!" that I heard over general chat was the best thing ever.  Salty tears are nourishment for the soul.) 

Then these assholes got a buddy and blocked the entrance to my garage with a fucking dump truck to force me to come out of the entrance of my building so they could try to ambush me.  I had to fucking surround myself with stiicky bombs to keep from getting flanked.  When I went up about 6 or 7 kills to 3 on their little group, they voted to boot me and then just quit out. 

Jesus, you can't even step out of your front door anymore.  Later on in the same session, I had to shoot some Rank 19 idiot three times before he got the message that messing with me was a bad idea.  Then I earned a one-star wanted level for the last shotgun kill and had to bail to avoid the fucking cops.

Dr Kinky Amy69 has a female roommate named Soul Caliber IR.  We are all playing golf tomorrow.   If they are cool enough, it will be two for one female membership day for our beloved crew on the 360.  They both seem to be night owls most of the time (Central Time Zone, I think) so I will be counting on you, Lieutenants Jstout, Melraz & RUkered, to look after the ladies if they have their crew tags up and are online when old men like me are in bed..

Just tell em to give us me holler j.t. and I'll help help em rank get cash or whatever. I've been gone the past couple of nights maybe got a lil heat off of the crew but I ourghta be back on tonight pissin people off tryin to start a gta vs dvdr war.

Just tell em to give us me holler j.t. and I'll help help em rank get cash or whatever. I've been gone the past couple of nights maybe got a lil heat off of the crew but I ourghta be back on tonight pissin people off tryin to start a gta vs dvdr war.

The Elimination Chamber: Team DVDR vs. The Rest of the Room. Loser Leave Town.

We've won the last couple.

Misanthrope and I were dealing with a guy this afternoon who was like a Level 110-something and was absolutely handling me no prob, yet he totally panicked for no good reason and threw it into passive mode and would not come out. I understand if you're getting your ass kicked, but he really wasn't, he was actually pretty good.

At one point, I was outside the expensive apartments waiting for some dumb bastard to come out when another diffferent dumb bastard came out. I was gonna just let him pass, I had no beef with him, but he stopped his car, got out his gun and started shooting at me. I'm like "the hell?" and gunned him down right quick. I then blew up his fancy Roosevelt. And blew it up later again when he thought it was safe to go back outside after runnin' from an asskickin' back into his apartment.

I'll regret this the day they send me to Juvie and fit me for my duncecap, but if somebody comes at me for no good reason and I get a chance to blow up their car, with them in it or without, it's gonna happen. I know it costs me money, and I don't care. It's my little cherry on top of the "screw you, pal" sundae.

• Like 1

Just tell em to give us me holler j.t. and I'll help help em rank get cash or whatever.

I will.  I am sure they will be in good hands.

I have always worried about getting sent to the Dunce Pool and wondered how Bad Sport points work.  I don't quit out of jobs just because I am losing, but I have blown up my share of player POVs.

Most of the time it is accidental, (ie. guy parked his POV too close to my car bomb, I toss a self-defense grenade at a guy firing at me from his car..) and I have only occasionally destroyed a player POV on purpose a couple of times.  Hopefully the system works so that Bad Sport points subtract themselves little by little over time, like when you get your $2000 for being a Good Sport. 

I'd hate to think that once you get sent to the Dunce Pool, you're there forever.

Speaking of Bad Sports, watch out for some douchebag named NaturalPeachTea because this person likes to go into Passive Mode and then tank rampage.

I got sniped this morning by some Rank 200 asshole hiding out on the construction crane three blocks from my penthouse, so we had an Enemy At The Gates style long range duel.  The death toll was two kills a piece but he had four more total deaths than I did.  Everytime he'd try to get back to the top of the crane, I'd wound him as he was climbing to his sniper's nest and he'd fall to his doom. 

Even though our battle ended in a draw, he had more medical bills to pay than I did so I guess he figured it was too rich for his blood and moved along. 

My taunting texts sent to his game phone ("0v3r h3r3!"  and "2nd column 2 ur left, Hawkeye!") may have also demoralized him.

I think he was setting up camp at the hospital in Strawberry to find fresh meat when I logged off.

One of the notes that Rockstar sent out a few updates back said that they had reduced the bad sport impact of destroying personal cars.  And I've seen at least one note about fixing the timer on the dunce pool, so I guess you can get out eventually if you ever wind up there.

Last night must've been a bad night for stupid level 19 players.  I was checking out the tattoo shop up by Trevor's place, and when I got out there was a player dot nearby.  Decided to hang out there for a while to see if he would go after me.  He stayed put, but I see another player screaming up the highway towards me, so I got to a good cover spot - staying visible.  I look him up, and he's level 19.  He was the king of subtlety - just drove right up to me.  He was circling all around me but couldn't find a way to flank me, so he finally has to come from the front.  I shoot him in the face for his trouble.  He respawns, I drive over to him, hop out and shoot him again.  Rinse, repeat, over and over.  Finally the heat from the cops got too bad, so I drove off.  Couldn't shake them, so I drove back the way I came, shot the guy one more time, and took off for better cover down south.

There was somebody in that session named kronicsniper - combining my two least favorite naming themes in the game.  I thought about hunting him down just for that, but somebody with a girl's name was already killing him about every 10 seconds.

There's a limit to the amount of time you're in the Dunce Pool. It's like jail except you don't get life without parole.

Is there somewhere on the game you can see your bad sport points? I blow up probably 2-3 player cars in any Freemode session that goes a decent length of time, and not only have I never been sent to Juvie, I still get my $2,000 good sport bonuses fairly often.

Hey, Neil.  Can we swap out Up Yours for Salute in our Crew Actions?  I don't think I can make that change even as a Commish. 

Lots of workers have given the Bro Love sign and Austin's signature insult was the Bird.  Cena gives a salute, so that would give us another pro wrestling related Crew Action. 

• Like 1

I might have posted this but me and my buddy had the best fuck you moment a few weeks ago.

I was in the jet, which was useless as usual. My buddy is in the little bird. Anyway they attack him a few times while I'm getting the jet, and chase after him. He sets it down on the roof of a building and we realize the trick. They're in a car park, he flies over as I begin the approach. He dips down and lands on a car as bullets fly in. I lock on to him, fire a missile and kill maybe five people and their personal cars.

They slowly all quit after that

• Like 2

Hey, Neil.  Can we swap out Up Yours for Salute in our Crew Actions?  I don't think I can make that change even as a Commish. 

Lots of workers have given the Bro Love sign and Austin's signature insult was the Bird.  Cena gives a salute, so that would give us another pro wrestling related Crew Action. 

I changed it to Bro Love.  You can't assign the salute.

Your guys' freemode stories make me glad I'm not playing it.

BTW I got Midnight Club on the PSN Rockstar sale and it's pretty obvious that they reused some of the map for this game.