DVDVR Message Board

A thread for PS+/PSN Deals

Tabe

PS+ free games for December

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition (PS4)

King’s Quest– Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember (PS4)

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PS3)

SSX (PS3)

Rocketbirds Harboilded (PS Vita)

Freedom Wars (PS Vita)

I was thinking of picking up Gauntlet to play co-op with my brother in law, so I'm happy with that.

Blood Dragon is short but really fun, especially if you like cheesy 80s action movies.

That's a pretty great batch of games for me. Pretty sure I already have SSX but don't mind a digital copy. Definitely want King's Quest. Just wasn't willing to pay for it before.

Gauntlet, King's Quest, Blood Dragon, and SSX are all very nice. Great month!

Any word on when/what their black friday deal starts and entails? I'm looking for discounted MKX, Witcher, and MGS.

They have that Coop flash sale going on right now. Some of the low end Black Friday stuff is there.

SSX is a lot of fun; I still feel like the series peaked with 3, but I put probably 30 hours into the PS3 game.  I bought Gauntlet for PC, and it absolutely required 3-4 people to be able to survive. Apparently the Slayer Edition adjusts difficulty to make soloing viable; otherwise it's a decent but unspectacular Diablo clone.  Blood Dragon is short but glorious. Freedom Wars is something I've wanted to try for a while but never did. KQ is both cool and frustrating; cool in that it's something I've wanted to play, frustrating in that we're getting one episode of a six-episode serial as 1/2 of our PS4 freebies for the month.

No word on what the proper Flash Sale will be on Friday; as for what's already cheap, Far Cry 4 is cool. I'm tempted to buy Battlefield Hardline but I'm not sure how much use I'd get out of it.

Cheers for the heads up. Defo picking up Witcher 3 (50% off, babay!) and Phantom Pain (25% is decent but I was hoping for more). With Christmas around the corner, I'm unsure if I should be spending that much on myself but I'm being extra greedy and stupid - I'm thinking of picking up one of the sawkur games and The Order is only $10. Hmmmmm, how much self-loathing am I going for? Only major disappointment in the sale is no Mortal Kombat X. I'm going to wait until I can get the super duper edition with Predator/Carl Weathers for less than $50. I've already played it a bunch at a friend's, so the initial desire to play it to death isn't there.

It got really good reviews across the board.  I would pick it up but I just played through The Old Blood a couple of weeks ago, playing Far Cry 4 now, and have Battlefront coming, so I'm pretty set on FPS games for the time being.

Picked up J-Stars and Metal Slug X. I don't read manga or watch anime, but I love Smash-likes (even Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale) and have wanted to play a J-Stars for a long time. 

For any UK/EU players out there, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake collection is £25 for the next 48hrs as part of their 12 Deals of Christmas sale. This is one of the rare, few, times a digital copy of a new release is actually cheaper than the physical copy (£25 vs £30 not a huge amount, but still). Having never played any of the Uncharted games before i'd be tempted to to bite at that price if i didn't have such a huge backlog right now.

Yeah, it's a bad look for Sony when Nintendo's WiiU has backward compatibility with Wii and small upgrade fees for games bought via VC on Wii to make them playable on WiiU, while meanwhile Microsoft's Xbox One has limited (but growing) backward compatibility with Xbox 360.

Meanwhile, Sony's PS4 is riding PSNow, which is still poorly priced; is going to make PS3 owners pay full price to buy PS2 classics again on PS4; and has no backward compatibility with PS3. 

I'm hoping NX is enough of a threat that it forces Sony to actually do something consumer-friendly for people already in the Sony ecosystem for the first time since before the PS4's launch.

I just need to buy a new PS2, because all the games I would pay to reacquire (and didn't already buy on PS3) have licensing issues (either general or music) to prevent a reissue.

Apparently the PS4 versions of Vice City and especially San Andreas are missing some of the music.

PS2 games are coming to the PS4 store tomorrow but it's a very limited amount of titles (you can't redownload the ones you bought on PS3) and they're $10-15. I will probably still get one of the GTA games.

Oh God, it's hard to resist Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, Mark of Kri, GTA PS2 games, and Twisted Metal Black. Must hold strong.

And Final Fantasy VII PC port.