DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI - The Greatest Show Ever

Big Fresh

BTW, Rollins is the first person to win his first world title at WrestleMania since Rey at 22, and the first to win his first WWE title at the showcase since Cena at 21.

Okay, serious question time: Is the Sting/HHH match better or worse received if instead of DX and nWo coming to the aid of their respective wrestlers, it was a T-800 model and Robocop? Everything else about the match including Shawn Michaels and the weapon fight remains the same.

If you're going to rebook that match, your ideas are fine but...

HBK nails the super kick, and with no music and completely out of nowhere, Goldberg spears him out of his boots and his baldness covering baseball cap. Would have been awesome.

I don't know why they didn't just have the nWo turn on Sting at any point. I mean, HHH did kind of turn on him with them doing the post-match 'We're all veterans here' handshake celebration and then coming out later to gloat about destroying the fan's hero, but that's not really anything. But I mean, they're the nWo. He's Sting. Everyone knows exactly what's supposed to happen here, right?

Rousey was the most searched for name coming out of Mania with 100K searches. That's obviously because no one watching the show had any idea who she was and they wanted to figure it out. 

Segment still had no business taking up an enormous chunk of Mania.

Just over a week later and I can confirm that watching Brock Lesnar slapping the shit out of Roman Reigns is still awesome.

BOOING YOU!  BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This has nothing to do with disliking Reigns (Hell, I was the one who tried to make FSW's head explode by listing everything he has in common with The Rock way back, and I still see him as the best bet for the future if they figure it out.)

Watching Brock slap the shit out of people is just more fun.

On the one hour RAW on Sky, they add in a little backstage interview exclusive footage thingy. This week it was Dolph Ziggler plays word association (which he apparently doesn't understand; His response to "Ramen Noodles" was "College Dorm Room, Monday Night Wars, Attitude Era, phoning my friend on his landline and saying did you see what Stone Cold just did?"). He said in ten years with the WWE, he's never had a one on one singles match at 'Mania, and that he's the only person who's ever done that. 

Rousey was the most searched for name coming out of Mania with 100K searches. That's obviously because no one watching the show had any idea who she was and they wanted to figure it out.

Seems like it did and most people enjoyed it.

100,000 searches from people wondering who the fuck Ronda Rousey is =/= "most people" enjoyed it.

100,000 searches from people wondering who the fuck Ronda Rousey is =/= "most people" enjoyed it.

You're on an island.  You can re-read the entire thread if you like.  People know who she is.  

• Like 2

Dude, you're so far off base. Just give up. You're way into "get off my lawn" territory talking about that segment not belonging on WM, as if WM has NEVER had multiple pillow fight/evening gown time wasters that did NOTHING to make money for the company or as if they've NEVER had any other segments that weren't just about the current wrestlers.

More over, exactly what did it take away from? Was the Divas match really begging for that time? Did you really want Undertaker vs Bray to be that much longer? How about the ladder match? Maybe that should have gone longer to further risk the health of everyone involved. Perhaps Sting and HHH should have had more time to crawl to their finish. I certainly didn't think Orton and Rollins needed any more time considering the pace of the match and the finish that saved that match. Same goes for Cena vs Rusev. Maybe that extra time could have been used to further muck up that match and explain why Lana threw her shoe. Hell, Lana could have thrown her other shoe.

The point is, WrestleMania was pretty fucking perfectly paced even with a musical act. You could say that the Battle Royal or Tag Titles match should have been on the main show, but the whole thing is on the Network anyway so what does it really matter?

Stop grasping at straws. It makes you look petty and out of touch.

Rousey/Rock in the ring together is a classic Mania moment.  I can't believe we are still having this discussion.  That sort of thing doesn't and shouldn't happen on Raw.  It's special.

Big Show winning a battle royal? That wouldn't seem out of place on Smackdown.

Fucking wrestling bubble, man.  

• Like 4

Again - I'm aware that a bunch of MMA fans on a wrestling board liked the segment.

I've already answered those questions you asked, Craig. Aptly comparing the segment to a diva pillow fight only strengthens my argument.

And I had "given up" on the discussion - note that I wasn't the one who dredged it back up. Shouting me down won't make that segment not suck.

Again - I'm aware that a bunch of MMA fans on a wrestling board liked the segment.

I've already answered those questions you asked, Craig. Aptly comparing the segment to a diva pillow fight only strengthens my argument.

And I had "given up" on the discussion - note that I wasn't the one who dredged it back up. Shouting me down won't make that segment not suck.

It isn't just MMA fans on a wrestling message board, but feel free to keep thinking that.

Is it possible a good chunk of the searches was people wanting to see what mainstream coverage the Rousey segment got?

And another good chunk was Google image search, most likely with safe search turned off. 

I don't watch MMA but I enjoyed that segment.

• Like 1