DVDVR Message Board

Dolfan in NYC

Turns out the NC Central more-blood-for-the-blood-god press release was actually written by the MEAC press department and NCCU just picked it up for their own devices. So not quite as schadenfreudey as it appeared originally.

I was at Harvard/Yale. That was such a great game. I'd say The Palestra was about 80% full. The crowd leaned more Harvard than Yale, but it was just electric from start-to-finish.

Would've said It was closer to 90% full. Atmosphere was insane, like a playoff game at the Nassau Colliseum level loud. My friend actually went down and stormed the court with the Harvard students.

This Big Sky Championship game is really good. Eastern Washington is about to pull out a really crazy late game comeback. I think they're going to be a real tough out for whoever matches up against them. They have the leading scorer in the country in Tyler Harvey. He reminds more than just a bit of Steph Curry at Davidson. He just launches from anywhere. EWU also has some decent height and a bunch of other shooters. They had an off night tonight but shoot about 45% from deep for the season. Their RPI is also about 75.

I watched a lot of the Stephen F. Austin game, too. They're up 16 over Sam Houston with 13 to go. They had that insane last minute escape against VCU last year. They've lost a total of 12 or 13 games the past three seasons. They are SUCH a good mid-major team. They play 10 deep and move the ball and lead D-1 in assists per game. They don't have a ton of size but they can shoot the hell out of the ball, too.

UC-Irvine is going to the tournament (and they got a court-storming playing in Anaheim)

meanwhile, Stony Brook is to tournament bids as 1980s Lex Luger was to the NWA title.

2015: lose to Albany by 1 on last second three

2014: lose to Albany by 9 at home

2013: top seed, lose to Albany by 2 at Albany (but not in the finals)

2012: top seed, lose to Vermont at home (but beat Albany)

2011: lose to Boston U by 2 on road

2010: top seed, lose to Boston U

so, just a top seed or title game bid for 6 years in a row!

Also, nice non-timeout to close the Yale/Harvard game. But what should you expect from a coach with a .500 record after 460 games?

Today is the six year anniversary of the absolutely bonkers 6OT game between Syracuse and UConn in the Big East tourney.

I thought for sure Jonny Flynn was going to have a 10-year NBA career after that game.

La Salle beats UMass! Now has Davidson tomorrow.

David Kahn apparently agreed with you, which is why he drafted the guy ahead of Steph freaking Curry.

Then again, Kahn probably would have just traded Curry for magic beans or something anyway.

Georgias State and Southern setting basketball back several years in the Sun Belt final. 7-3 State with 11 minutes gone in the first half.

Georgia State wound up winning 38-36.  And their head coach tore his achilles during the team's celebration.

Nobody mentioned Iowa State making their fifth double digit comeback in a row yesterday, coming back from 17 down to upend Kansas and win their second consecutive Big 12 tourney.  I have no idea how they keep doing it, but it's been fun as hell to watch.

Georgias State and Southern setting basketball back several years in the Sun Belt final. 7-3 State with 11 minutes gone in the first half.

Georgia State wound up winning 38-36.  And their head coach tore his achilles during the team's celebration.

This shouldn't make me laugh as much as it does

Guest The Magnificent 7

Wichita St. is playing Indiana.  We aren't all that good this year, but small school we are not.

Man West virginia and Maryland get hosed in their bracket.  Never mind that you have the possibility of a really tough 2nd match they are rewarded with Kentucky in the sweet 16

Yeah anybody who can come up with a reason for UCLA getting in so easy should be in politics because you are great in bullshit