DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL: WEEK TWELVE

Dolfan in NYC

Marshawn Lynch was in our town today for an assembly at Marysville Pilchuck High School and stopped for gas at a local Shell station on his way out of town. He found some guy's wallet and drove to the dude's house to return it to him

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000430787/article/marshawn-lynch-returns-wallet-he-found-at-gas-station

You know... like anyone would do

The NFL Promptly fined him $10,000 for not turning the wallet over properly and talking to police.

• Like 7

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter  24m24 minutes ago

Now Gov. Cuomo calling a Jets-Bills game in Buffalo on Sunday "impractical." So Sunday is going to be out.

EDIT

"Erie County officials have been in touch with the Bills," Erie County executive Mark Poloncarz said Thursday. "We've been asked: 'Can we commit to having emergency service personnel and the sheriff's office -- the lead police agency -- at the game?' I can tell you right now, at this moment, we cannot commit to having emergency service personnel, and the sheriff's office. At this moment, I cannot commit to that on Sunday."

Lord, just move the game to Pittsburgh or Cleveland.  Both stadiums are empty this week.  

And a friend pointed out Ralph Wilson Stadium's parking lot is not fully paved.  Getting 25000+ cars in and out of there is bad enough on a normal basis, but on a day with rapidly melting giant snowbanks everywhere, they'd need to have every tow truck in the city there just to fish out the cars that sink into the mud. 

I almost suggested Syracuse since they are right on the edge of the storm and I think they only got a couple of inches. Plus - the Jets could fly right into the Syracuse airport.

I have heard some folks say that you go just like 15 miles outside of Buffalo and there is nothing.

The Carrier Dome is also available since there are no events Sunday or Monday

The Carrier Dome has a hockey event "The Frozen Dome Classic" scheduled for Saturday, and men's basketball on Tuesday night. I guess there's not enough turnaround time to get the football field ready.

Well I think covering the ice is easy enough.

I think going from football to basketball in like 12 hours might be tougher...

I guess it would depend on the hockey setup. If it's on top of the football field, it would take a long time to dismantle the rink. The last game on Saturday would end around 10 pm Eastern, giving them 14 hours to get it ready for the 1 pm scheduled kickoff time.

Schefter is now saying that the Bills might not be able to get their stadium ready for their game against the Browns ten days from now.

Forget about Sun in Buffalo. Bills “will be hard pressed to get stadium ready for the next home game (Sun. Nov. 30 vs Browns)", per source.

EDIT: And more from Schefter.

Bills coaches are preparing with the belief that the game vs. Jets will be moved to Monday night in Detroit, Pittsburgh or Washington.

Holy Fuck - would bringing it to Washington be a terrible idea

I mean - traffic is already horrific. Adding a football game during Thanksgiving week... yeesh.

Unless of course they put it in RFK - then I am all fucking in

• Like 1

Apparently Pittsburgh is out because there are four district championship games at Heinz Field on Friday, followed by Syracuse at Pitt on Saturday.

Oh man, that field would look like they had a monster truck rally there by Monday.