DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

That's the third time Suarez has bit an opponent during a match. He should be gone for more than just the four possible games left in the World Cup.

Apparently FIFA could suspend him for "up to two years" but that sort of sounds like "you could win up to one million dollars" to me.

• Like 1

Itally had just about zero shots on target in that game so it didn't take much help to get them knocked out really.

Obviously the refs not seeing the bite was unfortunate. I think they did a pretty decent job preventing that game from turning into a baseball brawl, though.

Italy did nothing offensively, right about that, but they really didn´t have to. For a team that had to win, Uruguay´s playing style was weird to say the least. Only after the red card Uruguay was even able to do something offensively. It didn´t take much help to knock Italy out of the cup, but the Urus ever so needed that little help.

If that was a red, the World Cup should have had about 20 to 25 sent offs more than it had so far. Pretty normal one on one, no evil intentions, Marchisio attempts to shield the ball, kicks the oppopent in the shin...no way was that a red. The Suarez thing is a definite red, but if no one saw it, no one saw it. Hope he gets a long ban for it. Did Chiellini do anything to provoke that bite? Is Suare legit dumb? I do mean "dumb even for a football player", not normal people dumbness.

• Like 1

Itally had just about zero shots on target in that game so it didn't take much help to get them knocked out really.

Obviously the refs not seeing the bite was unfortunate. I think they did a pretty decent job preventing that game from turning into a baseball brawl, though.

(...)

If that was a red, the World Cup should have had about 20 to 25 sent offs more than it had so far. Pretty normal one on one, no evil intentions, Marchisio attempts to shield the ball, kicks the oppopent in the shin...no way was that a red.

There were probably at least 10 fouls in this game alone that deserved a red card more than this. Apart from Suarez and Balotelli the tackle that injured Verratti springs to mind for example.

• Like 1

Yeah all this nonsense is sort of distracting from the fact that Cavani did nothing yet again and has been totally anonymous in this tournament so far.

Except working his arse off and delivering a beauty of a cross for Nosferatu to score against England.

Time for the scousers to say moronic things for a few weeks then? he needs serious help and should be banned for at least 15 games this time, knowing FIFA they'll probably give him a 4 or 5. he's utterly pathetic.

Group D has turned out to be the worst group, Costa Rica have played well but Italy (Balotelli and Immobile both rubbish) created nothing going forward against Costa Rica or Uruguay, Uruguay are incredibly lucky to get through, terrible against both Italy & Costa Rica and a lot of luck against England. England were England.

Looking forward to seeing Suarez out of English football and Colombia knocking Uruguay out.

• Like 1

I thought he was a mentalist after the SECOND bite. 

I mean, shit, he's a great, great player but even wording it like that, a grown man has bitten 3 different players on a football pitch. Like the Ivanovic one too, it was such a strange thing, obviously there's no justification for biting anyone but it was another bizarrely casual 'fuck it, he's near me, I fancy a nibble' one. Strange, strange dude.

Great World Cup so far but the bloody headlines are going to be dominated by Luis Suarez going all Luis Suarez again. 

At least he stayed long enough to shit all over England.

• Like 3

Suarez is awesome, but please keep being affluent and white about him.

In poor Uruguayan communities, biting each other is a sign of respect. It's just a thing they do.

This message brought to you by all the Uruguayan Studies majors at the University of Liverpool.

• Like 1

Oh look who shows up...Hillsborough jokes incoming no doubt.

I believe you were asked to do something that you clearly are not doing

He gets to make snide comments unchallenged? Even though the club he sometimes supports (if they aren't playing a team Sid Lowe likes) was one of the most blatantly racist teams in the 80s? And he's posted in this very forum shitty comments mocking the death of fans of a team he doesn't like?

Suarez is awesome, but please keep being affluent and white about him.

In poor Uruguayan communities, biting each other is a sign of respect. It's just a thing they do.

This message brought to you by all the Uruguayan Studies majors at the University of Liverpool.

Deliberately obtuse or just illiterate? Hard to tell...