DVDVR Message Board

2014 WORLD CUP THREAD

RIPPA

Way to ensure the South American teams getting through. Interested to see what will happen with Ecuador.

Oh, EDIT: Costa Rica winning the group has to be one of the biggest sensation I have witnessed in World Cups. If they keep playing like they did so far, they have a pretty good shot at beating whichever team is thrown at them in the Round of the last 16.

• Like 1

Itally had just about zero shots on target in that game so it didn't take much help to get them knocked out really.

Obviously the refs not seeing the bite was unfortunate. I think they did a pretty decent job preventing that game from turning into a baseball brawl, though.

Fuck the refs in that game.  Unbelievable they red card Marchisio for a foul that could easily have been a yellow, and Suarez should definitely have been ejected.  Dracula (which is that Mexican ref's nickname) must have had some sympathy for his fellow cannibal.

Eh, Marchisio deserved that red. No question.

I don't know, he was playing on the ball and seemed like he just misstepped into the Uruguayan.  It wasn't like a malicious lunging two footed tackle or anything.  Balotelli probably deserved red far more.  Well hopefully Suarez gets ejected from the rest of the Cup.