DVDVR Message Board

Canadian Football - Regular Season

Dolfan in NYC

That fan totally ignoring the commissioner of the league and the Prime Minister of Canada to shake hands with Russ Jackson was without question my moment of the night.

Bs3lxEbCMAAr3PB.jpg

You know my Dad is originally from the Ottawa Valley area and when Russ Jackson was my brothers high school principal back in the late 70's early 80's my Dad was always star struck when he called the house to tell him how much my brother skipped school

• Like 1

Honestly not that put off by Edmonton's loss tonight. Sure the offense is a work in progress but we knew that was always likely to be true. The defense still looks just fine and for my money did it's part again tonight. Calgary had 33 yards passing in the first half and got 20 points. 3 off a field goal from a turnover, 7 off a blocked punt, and 7 off Chris Jones doing rookie coach things with 16 seconds to go in a half. It was sort of an odd game in that sense.

Still, this team is miles better than the 4-14 shit show last year. I have relatively few complaints. Would have been nice to go 5-0 and stick it to the heathens though. Missed a couple chances for interceptions on defense that could have swung the game, Calgary took theirs. Not really a ton else between them. Calgary's o-line also did a great job keeping Bo Levi Mitchell clean. Edmonton made more mistakes but it was nothing that can't be corrected, so overall I'm still pretty positive considering where we were a year ago.

Good god that fake punt from inside their own end zone was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Fun game to watch as a neutral, and gets week 5 off to a good start, since week 4 was dogshit terrible.

• Like 1

I can't wait for Jeff Garcia to try and sub himself into a game before the end of the season...

Going to see the Beloved Blue Bombers battle the Shitbums from Saskabush tonight. Last Bomber game I attended they were dogshit, hoping I am not their jinx this season.

If Edmonton doesn't beat them by 14 I am going to be disappointed, truth be told. I know our offense isn't great but that defense should simply feast.

Good game so far tonight with Saskatchewan/Winnipeg. Plus I've been able to make a "Chick on top of Willy" joke twice already.

What a fucking choke job by the Bombers. Durant can't throw to save his life, and yet the Bombers can't stop the run. Even worse, the fucking stupid interception for touchdown to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Willy had such a good game going.

That fourth quarter... not so much.

Saskatchewan's O-line is making their run game look a lot better than it should be, but if they keep that up what difference does it make if it's the backs or the line doing the work I suppose.