DVDVR Message Board

Canadian Football - Regular Season

Dolfan in NYC

Jeez, I thought it was an ass-beating when I went to bed in the third quarter.  Maybe Mike O'Shea is an offensive genius or something.

Draw up the parade route! The Cup is coming to Portage and Main!!!!!

Perfect start to the season for a team everyone in this city was doubting. I assume the stadium will be packed for home game number two.

I was just about to write how much I like Nic Grigsby, but then he goes and nearly gets his quarterback killed. Work on your blocking reads, please. I have Post-Buck Disorder, where I flinch and expect the worst any time a defender touches the quarterback.

If this is a truer representation of who the Bombers are, I can live with it. They're already more fun to watch than last year's lame duck edition.

Last year's team was total ass. They play the lame-duck Alouettes next week, there is a VERY legitimate chance they tie their 2013 win total by week 3 of 2014.

I posted on the twittah that I thought O'Shea would be a great coach for the Argos, but I'm really happy he's a very good coach for the Bombers right now.

Watching the Edmonton/Hamilton game and didn't know they created a rule where you can challenge for pass interference even if none is actually called.  I like this idea and definitely something the NFL should think of

Like seeing Zack Collaros from Cincy starting on a CFL team although he might have been killed  on that helmet to helmet hit tonight.  

That last minute was why the CFL's rules are the best. None of this "lol two minutes, victory formation" horse shit that goes against every basic principle of what sports are about. Instead you get a sequence of 5 plays from inside the 20 with 24 seconds to go that would never even happen otherwise.

First half was kind of ass, but it was all forgiven for that finish. Very fun beginning to the home season.

Aaron Grymes is the breakout star of the whole first two weeks for Edmonton. Guy is just everywhere in the secondary on defense.

The Alouette offense still scares me deeply, but Troy Smith did a much better job against BC (although there should have been a pick six.) It's so weird seeing Ryan Dinwiddie as a CFL OC. But the defense played a great game.