DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: MICKIE JAMES

RIPPA

Virginia's own pregnant (possibly with Magnus' demon seed) MICKIE JAMES!

This match apparently took place where I live (well 14 years ago) but now I am trying to figure out what building they ran. I am also trying to figure out why it was a handicap match with a guy and a girl against a girl but this is the indies. So yeah - I grabbed mainly because of the Sterling, VA thing plus the pre-boob job Laree.

http://youtu.be/HdcNnUb_S1c

Ignore the creepy love letter the ref in this match wrote to James in the description

It's really easy to forget that she started off as sort of an indy sensation in ROH and what not, because she ended up so mainstream (doing a country album is what I'd consider pretty mainstream). The transformation from Alexis Laree to Mickie James seems far more complete than Matt Sydal to Evan Bourne or Generico to Sami Zayn or what not. 

Yeah, I made the trips out to Doswell to check out KYDA Pro and this hot valet named Alexis LaRee that I heard could also bump like a freak. 

And I agree with the whole transformation dealie.  I am very happy Mickie no longer has to supplement her income with weird fetish shit and stints at Olive Garden.

Working or eating there?

Working. She used to wait tables at the OG in one of the NorVa locations when she was working the DelMarVa indie circuit and training.  That's around the time she paid the bills by doing those fetish magazine photo shoots.

She's a sweet person.  I'm glad she doesn't have to make a living like that anymore.

• Like 1

Anyone who ever said "she's fat" deserves to be mauled in a pit of alligators. Or something. 

She appeared semi-recently at a club about an hour from me singing country music. I wonder how well she drew. She was billed as "wrestling superstar Mickie James." I thought "well, I dunno about that ..." but I have a less-liberal definition of "superstar." Foley was there doing his comedy a few months ago - shame I missed that, I bet that was fun.

Anyone who ever said "she's fat" deserves to be mauled in a pit of alligators. Or something. 

She appeared semi-recently at a club about an hour from me singing country music. I wonder how well she drew. She was billed as "wrestling superstar Mickie James." I thought "well, I dunno about that ..." but I have a less-liberal definition of "superstar."

Sadly, I suspect "wrestling superstar Virgil" is more accurate.

I forgot about that. If Virgil is a "wrestling superstar," Mickie James is a "wrestling megastar the likes of which we have never seen."

I imagine the merch table at a Mickie James show is full of Comic Book Guy types "looking to purchase used undergarments."

Met Mickie at a show years ago here in MD right after she left WWE but before she came to TNA. Super nice and tiny in person. Whoever came up with "Piggy James" was crazy. She's been a favorite of mine for years now. I thought her last heel stint in TNA was pretty awesome. Deluded Country Star Mickie owns Psycho Stalker Mickie. 

Here she is vs Mercedes Martinez

Love me some Mickie James/Alexis Laree since 1st seeing her in ROH, also early TNA weekly PPV days and occasional appearances on the WEW TV at like 3 in the morning here. That Piggy James angle made me what to hurt whatever asshole writer that came up with that storyline. The V Lick at WrestleMania 22 is probably her shining moment but for people that haven't seen try to find her match with Jillian Hall in OVW when Heyman was the booker and showed what they both could do it a ring.

Oh that Lashley vs. Mickie match I'm pretty sure was part of the OVW TV title tournament in 2004 or 2005 I believe.  

When I first got into indy wrestling and before I discovered actual joshi (not just their wrestlers wrestling Alundra Blayze in the US for WWF or WCW) Alexis Laree was a fucking revelation. She became one of my absolute indy darlings along with Rocky Romero, Low Ki, Azriael (I as young), and Red. She's a huge reason I'm such a big joshi fan now, it's amazing to think it all started with a random as fuck VA indy tape, maybe KYDA.

• Like 1

Met Mickie last year at Big Time Wrestling when Flair & Funk were there. I gave her this set of disks I'd done a long time ago. She was nice to talk to. Wrestled Reby Sky and Jesse Belle Smothers that night.

BEST OF ALEXIS LAREE VOL. 1
Running Time: 1:46

Laree vs. Persephone (NWA Wildside 1/22/02)
Laree vs. Allison Danger vs. Fever vs. Valentina (KAPOW! Women’s Title, 7/28/02)
Laree vs. Simply Luscious (PWF Universal Womens Title April 2003)
Laree & Passion vs. Jillian Hall & Melissa Coates (OVW TV 12/11/04)
10-Women Lingerie Battle Royal to determine "Miss TNA" featuring Alexis Laree, Francine, Miss Joanie, Shannon (formerly Daffney), Sasha, Erin, Elektra, Taylor, and Theresa (NWA TNA 6/26/02)
Laree & Amazing Red vs. Kid Kash & Trinity (NWA TNA 3/26/03)
Laree vs. Trinity (NWA TNA 4/2/03)
Laree & Julio Dinero vs. Jeff Jarrett (Raven's Clockwork Orange House of Fun Match, NWA TNA 4/16/03)
Laree, Jeff Jarrett altercation (NWA TNA 4/23/03)
Laree, Joey Matthews & Christian York vs. Christopher Street Connection & Allison Danger (ROH Glory By Honor 10/5/02)
Laree ROH promo (Nov. 2002)
Laree vs. Japanese Pool Boy (ROH 11/13/02)
Laree vs. Simply Luscious (ROH Dec. 2002)
Laree vs. Allison Danger (ROH All-Star Extravaganza 11/9/02)
Laree vs. Mase (ROH Scramble Madness 11/16/02)
Laree vs. Persephone (ROH Round Robin Challenge 4/26/03)

BEST OF ALEXIS LAREE VOL. 2 GLOOW/DWOW/BBOW/WEW
Running Time: 1:44

Laree vs. Tai (GLOOW 8/1/01 Dover, DE)
Laree & Tara vs. Candie & Tai (No D.Q.)
Laree vs. Tara (BBOW 5/25/01 Martinsburg, WV)
Laree vs. Colleen (Hardcore)
Laree vs. G.I. Ho (GLOOW 7/24/01 Levittown, PA)
Laree vs. Tara (BBOW 8/4/01 Aberdeen, MD)
Laree vs. Colleen (Foxy Boxing)
Laree, Candie, Dawn Marie, Eva Gina vs. Tara, Colleen, Tai, Dina (Tug of War)
Laree & Candie vs. Self Employed (GLOOW 1/9/02 Danbury, CT)
Laree vs. Dawn Mae (GLOOW 2/21/02 Danbury, CT)

BEST OF ALEXIS LAREE VOL. 3 GLOOW/DWOW/BBOW/WEW
Running Time: 1:40

Laree vs. Valentina
Laree vs. Amanda Storm (2/22/02)
Laree vs. Lady Storm
Laree vs. Amanda Storm (GLOOW 10/02)
Laree vs. Amy Lee (11/28/02)
Laree vs. Davey Mae (DWOW 2/27/03)
Laree vs. Simply Luscious
Laree vs. Persephonie (3/03)
Laree vs. DD Venturi (8/11/04)
Laree vs.  Riptide (8/25/04)
Laree vs. Simply Luscious

Was that a not-remotely-subtle plug for your own custom business?  

Mickie is awesome.  A true chameleon, Matt D nailed it.  She's been in at least half a dozen completely different gimmicks at some point or another, and got over as hell every time.  She easily has the best women's match at any Wrestlemania.  Agreed with wanting to do violence to whoever thought up Piggy James, but we all know the fed's obsession with anorexic girls.  

I wish I could remember this one story more clearly, JL Sigman mighta been there and might've had a clearer recall.  It was after an NWA Wildside show, when David Young just wouldn't stop talking about how awesome Alexis Laree was.  He emphasized it (In a joking manner, like fake-confessing he was cheating on his wife) by claiming that he "kissed" her, by which he meant he was drinking out of her water bottle.  He sipped from the bottle in mid-monologue, and I shrieked "You just did it again!"  He replied: "I can't help it!" and on it went.