DVDVR Message Board

June 2014 Football thread

The Natural

Sepp Blatter says football will be played on other planets someday.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/745/fifa/2014/06/11/4875223/blatter-one-day-football-will-be-played-on-other-planets?ICID=HP_HN_1

"We should wonder if one day our game will be played on other planets. Why not? And then instead of a World Cup we would have an inter-planetary competition," he said."

So a 5th consecutive term as FIFA president, then a bid for galactic overlord next?

Sepp Blatter says football will be played on other planets someday.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/745/fifa/2014/06/11/4875223/blatter-one-day-football-will-be-played-on-other-planets?ICID=HP_HN_1

"We should wonder if one day our game will be played on other planets. Why not? And then instead of a World Cup we would have an inter-planetary competition," he said."

So a 5th consecutive term as FIFA president, then a bid for galactic overlord next?

Translation: Someone claiming to be from Mars has offered Sepp a fuckton of money for the rights to host the 2026 World Cup.

• Like 3

Guest The Magnificent 7

FFP is doing it's job guys, big spending Red Star Belgrade have been banned from European competition.

Actually, I don't know the situation with Red Star, just found it funny that they were the club to be made an example of.

The Red Star situation spin is that they aren't / can't paying their debts right now and that is why they are being hammered, and City and PSG aren't. 

It's still a farce, but that's what football is nowadays so par for the course.

I know everyone has World Cup fever right now, but I'm in the midst of doing a big-ass best Premiership player of all time tournament on facebook right now, and if anyone here would like to partake, PM me your facebook deets and I'll invite you to the group. I think I have to friend request you first though, because it's a closed group. There's still time to vote on all the first round matches.

Metro faces the Cosmos in the Open Cup tomorrow at Hofstra.If we don't take this seriously we will lose, which is exactly what I'm afraid will happen.

As a consequence of denying collaboration in the FIFA ethics commission´s investigation regarding corruption surrounding the Qatar World Cup bid, Franz Beckenbauer received a 90 day ban preventing him from any official club or federational activities related to football. Apparently, the commission wanted to question him and Beckenbauer refused. The former German international (World Champion 1974 and European champion 1972) and Bayern superstar stated that the didn´t outright refuse the questioning, but the condition that it would be held in what he called "juridical English". Beckenbauer deemed the conditions under which was supposed to be questioned not fair (although I´m not sure he explicitely used the words not fair ;)).

I remember how 1980ies and 1990ies tennis star Boris Becker used the same excuse in his divorce lawsuit, but he used it to get an interpreter and not deny questioning and the like. I´m always very critical of Beckenbauer, but I have to say the way he acts makes it seem as if he definetly has something to hide. Whether it´s concerning himself, friends or maybe even some kind of "bigger picture" remains to be seen.