DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Jimmy Hart selling out Hogan for the DoD is up there for dumb move.

Short-term it was a good move though. He got The Giant the title through a ridiculous loophole. He didn't know they'd strip the guy of the title.

Also Link. Hart got Link too.

Why the hell did Jimmy Hart agree to trade away King Kong Bundy to Heenan?

According to cagematch.net Adrian Adonis got 12 title fights with Hogan. So it wasn't a total bust. 

You're a scholar and a gentleman for looking that up. How many title matches did Bundy get though?

One could argue that Bundy's WMII prime main event slot was worth more than Adonis getting random shots at house shows.

I have no clue what Bundy pulled down that night, but I'm guessing signifigantly more than the requisite $5-10K a night (depending on the building, the crowd and Vince's mood that week) Hogan's opponents made at the time.

I mean....yeah....Bundy had like 22 Title Fights plus a Mania Main event. 

Wasn't Heenan getting Bundy just to kill Andre? He probably threw in a big load of cash, a former tag team champion(speaking Hart's language) and The Missing Link as a possible psycho prospect. I'm betting Hart didn't know Adonis would put on a billion pounds and start putting on makeup, but he rolled with it and got some title fights out of it.

I'm not saying it was a good deal or anything. I would have hung on to Bundy - or at least looked for better prospects. Slick was wanting to unload Hercules, so I think I would have gone for that over Adonis. Both answers would have been wrong.

• Like 1

You could look at it like that. Heenan pushed Bundy on Andre and broke the big guy's sternum, which put Bundy in Hulk's class instantly.

Then again, Bundy was a big mother fucker and when you're that big all roads lead to the Hulkster.

Yeah, but look at all the tag title bonuses he collected before SummerSlam 90.

And I think him hanging onto Earthquake was a direct response to that Bundy fail. And really - Earthquake I think was a bigger threat to usurping Hogan than Bundy was. So it works out.

Speaking of bad wrestling choices, if your buddy ends up in the hospital GO VISIT HIM. It will save you so much hassle later on. Visit twice. Buy him a get well card and an oversized, mylar balloon.

And for God's sake, don't ever be too busy training to pick up the phone when your friend calls you on live tv!

• Like 1

I feel like Slick was an underrated manager. The Twin Towers gave the fucking Mega Powers fits. I don't remember them receiving a tag title shot though which is absurd because they beat everyone of note? I guess Bossman receiving world title matches against Hulk makes up for it?

It's a really good series. A Toronto match, a couple of Boston matches, a MSG match, I think. Some of the blowoffs had Ronnie Garvin as the ref. Obviously Summerslam 89 which was the six man with Andre and Duggan. I like the series a lot. It really shows Demolition's versatility as they're able to play FIP far better than the Road Warriors ever did and Ax was an amazing hot tag for it, unleashed and slamming people and what not.