DVDVR Message Board

MAY WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

Assuming Daniel gets stripped, and from a storyline perspective it makes no sense for them not to strip him if he can't defend in 30 days, what do you guys think they do with the belt? Who do you put it on?

I'd actually make the stips for the The Shield v Evolution match be whomever gets the pinfall takes the strap. Would add a shit ton of intrigue and set up future angles.

The "30 day rule" is just a made-up provision that WWE can ignore whenever they feel like it.  If the only major show Bryan is going to miss is Payback, I don't see why he can't just hold on to it.  Besides, 6-8 weeks out in the human world equals 3-4 in the wrestling world, for better or worse.

Assuming Daniel gets stripped, and from a storyline perspective it makes no sense for them not to strip him if he can't defend in 30 days, what do you guys think they do with the belt? Who do you put it on?

I'd actually make the stips for the The Shield v Evolution match be whomever gets the pinfall takes the strap. Would add a shit ton of intrigue and set up future angles.

The "30 day rule" is just a made-up provision that WWE can ignore whenever they feel like it.  If the only major show Bryan is going to miss is Payback, I don't see why he can't just hold on to it.  Besides, 6-8 weeks out in the human world equals 3-4 in the wrestling world, for better or worse.

It's a made up provision but one you would expect HHH to hold Bryan to storyline wise.

Well Payback is in Chicago...

Orton as champion is probably the easiest route to take. Who else is there that they can easily put it on? Batista is off to promote his movie. HHH isn't going to win it just to lose it back to someone in a month. Cena winning means interrupting the Wyatt feud.

One more match? What is Christian doing right now?

We can only hope that the paperwork needed to strip someone of the title is as convoluted as the paperwork for a United States title defense. 

• Like 1

I'm anticipating that when WWE knows Bryan is coming back, they'll run an angle where the Authority try to strip Bryan of the titles, but he shows up at the last second to keep them.

• Like 1

From the Raw thread:

I'd do an angle where Evolution take out The Shield early in the night, maybe even Cena taken out by the Wyatts also. Bryan is forced to forfeit the title to Kane. Kane, in his guise of director of authority issues an open challenge, knowing that no-one is in the building. Roman Reigns returns, pins Kane in seconds, new champ.

Authority pissed at Kane for letting the Shield have the title after all the hard work getting rid of Bryan. Evolution/Shield elimination chamber for the title. Reigns retains after Kane interferes against Evolution. Irrelevant Kane/Orton feud. Batista is written out with the roles reversed of the earlier turn on Orton, and replaced by Sheamus.

Sheamus/Ambrose over the US title continues, Reigns/HHH main events. Orton/Kane pointless something for them to do. Build to Bryan's return against Reigns at Summerslam with HHH as guest referee. Do the Summerslam 92 dynamic that one of them has secured HHH's help.

Otherwise, Punk returning in Chicago, winning, pretending the whole Daniel Bryan thing had ever happened, and being delusional that he was always the voice of the voiceless, and they just jumped to Bryan when he left, would be pretty cool until Bryan returns.

Apparently the messed up powerslam opened him up pretty bad:

In the main event, Roman Reigns looked liked he got banged up in a botched spot in his cage match with Randy Orton. Reigns was charging from the corner to spear Orton, who looked to turn it into his turning bodyslam. There was some misunderstanding and it looked as though they clashed heads, leaving Reigns pretty bloody.

They finished the match (an awesome final five minutes), but Reigns looked pretty out of it.

Whippleman is bottom of the barrel for me. I'd rather just learn how to read and take care of my own contracts if that's my option. He had some hosses and couldn't do jack shit with any of 'em. 

His fine medical skills meant he could teach Sid to kick out of the legdrop at Wrestlemania. He also lead Bertha Faye to the Women's Title. Underrated guy.

• Like 1

Saw the Alicia Fox segments from Raw and Main Event. They were great, but I'm hoping this doesnt end up like R-Truth a couple years ago where he was was bringing the goods every week and then it just stopped. It seems as though she's coming up with a lot of it on her own like Truth did, but wasn't Truth's deal is that he got a little too over with his segments?