DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact Wrestling Spoiler 5/8

Here's the full rest of these

*Backstage Magnus is with a new guy named Bram (formerly Kenneth Cameron of the Ascension in NXT). They talked about Magnus' upcoming match with Willow.

*Willow def. Magnus (w/ Bram) via DQ when Bram attacked Willow. Bram threw Willow into the steps and laid him out with a suplex cutter. Bram handcuffed Willow to the ropes and told Magnus this is how you do it. Bram attacks Willow with a turnbuckle hook from under the ring and again tells Magnus this is how you do it.

Were all hands up in the air?  Did they wave them from here < to there >?  From an OG mack, to a want-to-be player?

• Like 10

Here's the full rest of these

*Backstage Magnus is with a new guy named Bram (formerly Kenneth Cameron of the Ascension in NXT). They talked about Magnus' upcoming match with Willow.

*Willow def. Magnus (w/ Bram) via DQ when Bram attacked Willow. Bram threw Willow into the steps and laid him out with a suplex cutter. Bram handcuffed Willow to the ropes and told Magnus this is how you do it. Bram attacks Willow with a turnbuckle hook from under the ring and again tells Magnus this is how you do it.

Were all hands up in the air?  Did they wave them from here < to there >?  From an OG mack, to a want-to-be player?

I wish TNA hired Montell Jordan.

• Like 2

Although the pace of change in TNA is very silly obv, MVP's heel grouping does at least provide fresh matches and angles for Eric Young. It's not a bad idea per se; MVP will probably be more fun as a heel anyway. Knux's Carny Crew look kinda fun, hopefully we get the Willow heel turn in 3 months and they form the next superheel group.

I meant which one faced him on the tapings for the 15th?

The clown in the middle.

Is he anybody we would have heard of?

No, unless you've been following the Canadian indy scene somewhat closely. His name is Crazzy Steve, he's an Eric Young trainee and has been wrestling mostly in Canada for about 10 years now. I've heard the name a bunch of times in the past but haven't actually seen him work so I've no idea if he's any good or not.

Hour 1 was just a bunch of stuff, with EC3-Angle really under-delivering and the Bully-Dixie skits being a bit hit or miss. The BroMans-Wolves ladder match greatly overdelivered. I didn't expect much from an unhyped TV ladder match, but they had a PPV-quality match that should've either been on the last show or the next one. The skits got so much better when it was largely just Bully and Spud being silly. The Menagerie was a ton of fun, and easily the best thing Knux has done since being a wacky smart big brute on SD. He's in a wacky role and playing it perfectly. And Rebel's ass is amazing. Bram attacking Willow with Mr. Turnbuckle was something. The closing angle with EY and MVP was terribly-executed. It was rushed, had terrible voiceover work, and worse canned heat.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/05/tna-impact-5-8-14.html

Screens -

WHY DID I SIGN THAT EXTENSION!?

257ded325541438.jpg

"Don't make me get physical!"

054f3c325542759.jpg

53c7f3325544061.jpg

b222ff325544074.jpg

86180a325544775.jpg

a03afa325544906.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/p6rpa9xxwfkdhtdaz1s38049oi0b0kqp

Wolves/Bromans was fun stuff in the ladder match. EC3/Kurt was real short and now I guess Kurt's gone for awhile again. Tag team evening gown match was not bad and actually the longest match of the night. Rebel was awesome as part of the Menagerie act. The canned heat the second MVP hit EY was insane as well as Tenay shouting all over it immediately about it being sickening, can't believe they trusted him and all that. Young's reign at least has been surprisingly enjoyable so far.

That final segment... Tenay still seeming like he isn't really into the action he's calling + MVP turning ALREADY + the HORRIBLE fake boos (sounded more like a tornado hitting the place) = I prefer to remember the Menagerie as the highlight of the show. Knux really needs to be dressed as a circus ringmaster, though. Please tell me Crazzy Steve is awesome in the ring.

Something that stood out to me about the Bromans and Wolves match is how dumb the Wolves wrestle. They both dove headfirst into the ladder instead of dropkicking it. They both climbed up the same ladder at the same time, maximizing their chances of being knocked off (when one of them could have been stopping the Bromans). Richards headbutts a guy while up on a ladder, making himself dizzy WHILE ON A LADDER when he could have more easily punched the guy. Edwards flips himself out of the ring with the suplex, looking like he damages himself more than his opponent... Did I miss anything? The real stunner though is Zema Ion. Didn't TNA refuse to pay his medical bills before? Why is he taking such an INSANE bump like that? I was mouth agape.

I don't get the Bram character. I know I'm supposed to be patient, but this is TNA.

"I do not fear Magnus's reign, for I have an umbrella!" I really liked that for some reason, but then I also like Willow for some reason.

I really like Eric Young as champion. Probably means he'll lose it soon.

I'm going to miss Daniels and Kazarian.

I sound so negative. :(

Oh, and if anyone is going to be a "Shield" group in TNA (to oppose their fake Evolution), it'll probably be Roode, Bully, and Aries.

• Like 1