DVDVR Message Board

April 2014 Football Thread

The Natural

I was all set to do a dance that Moyes is gone, until I thought of something.

This is the worst upcoming offseason to be going through this, with one potential Manager tied up with World Cup duties, as well as a lot of players, which sucks because we need massive roster turnover this summer.  The WC taking place is gonna muck things up, because sure as hell Giggs isn't going to be making signings.

Yeah, the kind that knows people harassed and threatened by the lunatic fringe of that fan base.

Not letting this dogshit go unanswered.

What Odessa is referring to is mostly covered here:

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2014/04/14/flashback-the-hillsborough-disaster-and-the-fall-of-steven-cohen/

The irony that a supposed Everton fan would back this miserable cocksucker shouldn't be lost on anyone.

Sorry your fucking podcast buddy got hounded out of his job for spreading lies about 96 dead football fans you absolute fucking cunt.

• Like 4

This Atlecio/Chelsea game may be the worst waste of $300 million not performed by a government anywhere in the world this year.

Unwhatchable, even by Mourinho's standards. This might actually be worse than that Manchester United/Rangers game a few years ago when Rangers came out and basically played a 7-3-0.

• Like 1

A decade or even more years ago people talked about Liverpool as being "winning ugly"...they have to make up something new for Chelsea in recent years. Well, if it works, it works...

EDIT: I assume drawing ugly would still be copyright infringement ;)

Pete, did you see that Randy Levine said it was quite possible that your stadium could be outside the city of NY? I'm actually considering getting tickets if they are cheap enough (say $10-$15 a game) just to watch live soccer. I do feel uneasy giving money to their ownership over the appalling human rights record of UAE and the ruling family. As much as I hate the scousers I'd have no problem giving their ownership my money if they were in a similar situation.

This Atlecio/Chelsea game may be the worst waste of $300 million not performed by a government anywhere in the world this year.

Unwhatchable, even by Mourinho's standards. This might actually be worse than that Manchester United/Rangers game a few years ago when Rangers came out and basically played a 7-3-0.

As a Libertarian I had to give this a like! Well done DFA.

So,apparently the decision to fire Moyes was made in February, but executed today, because there was a clause in the contract that stated that Moyes could be fired without compensation for the remaining years on his contract if he failed to qualify for the Champions League. With the loss this past weekend, Man U could no longer qualify for the Champions League.

• Like 1

So,apparently the decision to fire Moyes was made in February, but executed today, because there was a clause in the contract that stated that Moyes could be fired without compensation for the remaining years on his contract if he failed to qualify for the Champions League. With the loss this past weekend, Man U could no longer qualify for the Champions League.

That would be really weird. Wouldn´t the money made in CL-Qualification outweigh the compensation for Moyes on a broader scale? Kind of strange for a club to go out of its way to sack a coach as cheap as possible...

Then again it´s football and stranger thinks have happened, so I wouldn´t rule it out.

United's debt was reported by the club in September as being £389.2million, costing £71million last year in debt servicing. According to Green, the £71million costs means that the total cost to United in interest, fees, bank charges and debt repayments since the Glazers' 2005 takeover of the club now stands at £680million.

• Like 1