DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: SHOCKER

RIPPA

If I was a smarter person I would have thought up some sort of "no-show" or "no condition to wrestle" joke here and actually replaced him with someone else. Oh well.

• Like 2

The Mr. Niebla mask match is on youtube but is broken into like 53 parts so I am not linking to it (plus it might have been posted in the Mr. Niebla WOTD thread - I don't remember).

Hey - remember when TNA was gonna push Shocker to the moon? Yeah... good times

http://youtu.be/CnEN5VwSv9w

Man, there are no words for how much I hate Shocker.  At least I do not hate him as much as Electro Shock.

JT, why do you try to hurt my soul?  First Chucky then Shocker??  Seriously?

In fairness, Shocker has sucked since like 05 or so whenever he...umm...his issues made him fat and lazy and unreliable and he did that quick jump to TNA.  Now he just makes me sad.

But Shocker was so fucking great from like 97-02.  God I loved me some Shocker.

Man, one of the first compilation tapes I ever bought was Highspot's Best of Shocker tape.  I think it pretty much was the whole Mr Niebla/Shocker/Mr Mexico fued; but it ruled so hard.

The thing is that even though he's a mess these days he can still bring the awesome from time to time.

Insert Los Guapos trip to the hair salon video here.

I LOVED shocker's Pharoah entrance sometime in the mid 2000s.

That was from his hair match against Emilio.

There's also a fun promo with him and Wagner out bowling like bros somewhere, with Wagner wearing his awesome NJPW tracksuit.

I can't find it, it must've been taken down, but the Black Warrior/Satanico/Shocker vs UG/Bucanero/Tarzan trios match from Dos Leyendas 2001 is worth watching for Shocker's enterance. He appears to have all the charisma in the world just walking to the ring.

I can't find it, it must've been taken down, but the Black Warrior/Satanico/Shocker vs UG/Bucanero/Tarzan trios match from Dos Leyendas 2001 is worth watching for Shocker's enterance. He appears to have all the charisma in the world just walking to the ring.

Yeah, he's one of those guys whose personality really popped after dropping the mask. Helped that he is/was a handsome dude like Nicho, Averno, Cien etc.

Shocker's run in NJ super juniors is one of my favorite luchadors in Japan runs.

He was so amazing before he just decided to coast.

This.  I enjoyed 97 Shocker's work but Zero Fucks Shocker really made my teeth grind.

Shocker's run in NJ super juniors is one of my favorite luchadors in Japan runs.

This.  I enjoyed 97 Shocker's work but Zero Fucks Shocker really made my teeth grind.

OK.  I still love you for that, J.T. - and I will resist posting Chucky vids.  

For a second there I was thinking you hated 1000% Guapo Shocker and that would make me sad.  Next thing you know you were going to tell me you hated Super Porky.

OK.  I still love you for that, J.T. - and I will resist posting Chucky vids.  

For a second there I was thinking you hated 1000% Guapo Shocker and that would make me sad.  Next thing you know you were going to tell me you hated Super Porky.

If JT told me that.... well... I don't know if we could still be friends

• 5 months later...