DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

To be fair - JT died first

Yeah, I tried to rope a dope the Vex but got blasted by Nexus at the same time that the Hobgoblins evaporated my shields.  I died a second before our third fireteam member destroyed Nexus, so I got credit for the Vanguard bounty I got for the Strike mission.

The daily heroic mission is Sword of Crota and there is also a bounty for completing it.  So if you decide to do it, be sure to grab the bounty first. 

Yep, noticed that and already got that covered.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, it would 30 minutes after I got a legendary engram from a loot chest and had to leave for work....

I still got a strange coin out of it, and this happened right after I did a public event which gave me...ah fuck I can't even remember, I want to say a shard.  Completed three bounties this morning before work, did the daily heroic @ 28 with help from dargathan.  

He is good people JT, and a big asset to the clan.  We almost had the weekly completed last night on 28, kept getting that big fucker down to 1/4 health before we would all die within seconds of each other thanks to the phalanx or whatever they're called.  The self-resurrect he runs on his warlock makes me want to dust off my warlock.  I can see how big of an advantage that would be in the Vault of Glass...

Which brings me to my next point...

Failure again at the vault.  Too many randoms that I don't play with on the reg.  When we would start working as a unit, it seems at least one person would start doing their own thing and cause us to wipe.  Or they wouldn't respect the vault of glass.  Their are times to play conservative and times to play aggressive, and we just couldn't keep the cohesion running.  We would get the boss down to about 1/2 health and something would happen.  People get frustrated too quickly and want to give up.  

I think it speaks on where we're at as a society.  The ME generation, everything handed out on a silver platter.  If you have to work at something, or something is hard, or the opposition is overwhelming...instead of working on a new plan, implementing changes, people would rather quit and go do something easy.  That's what I'm getting from my experience in the vault.  It requires more team work and communication than randoms are capable of.  

found a cheap way to beat the nightfail (spelling intentional) while browsing a destiny forum (not the cesspool at bungie.net)

The more I run these strikes the more spots I seem to find to "lame my way through" the boss fights. Soloed the Weekly Heroic strike on lvl 28 last night on Mars. While I was running for cover I fell into this spot by one of the ramps. Has cargo boxes under the ramp but there is space between the wall and the boxes. The boss Valus Tu'Aruc (sp?) was standing right above me at the foot of the ramp... looking at me... wasnt shooting the mini gun or launching rockets. The smaller enemies weren't moving either. I felt kind of cheap but since I soloed it like a bamf up until that point i took the easy win. I stayed in my foxhole and just plugged shots away at his head, he didn't move. He just stayed right there and took every single bullet to the dome until he died.
My team ran to that spot when we went to do the Nightfall, he didn't get stuck like he did when I was solo but it was definitely better than getting booted to Orbit and having to start all over again.
I think for almost any of the nightfall's there is a safe zone somewhere. Some of the other people in my group ended up finding out if you go down in the nightfall as long as one person is alive, you can make that person the fireteam leader and then go to orbit and then join their fireteam again and you'll be dropped in pretty close to the boss fight but not out in the open. Again, i feel like it's somewhat of a lame way to beat the Nightfall but hey, I got other shit to do. I don't want to wipe and have to restart the Nightfall over from the beginning especially if the boss is almost dead.

Edited by misanthrope304

Started chipping away at upgrading Defender

Fuck it was awkward not having a grenade or not being able to Lift.

It worked out though since I grabbed the "20 enemies without taking damage from them" bounty and then just stood on a hill sniping guys.

And Sword of Crota really needs to be the Daily Mission every day

So, I managed to get the Trophy for fully advancing an Exotic Weapon (on Hawkmoon) and then Devil You Know landed in my lap. So I switched to that and started using Plan C as my Exotic Weapon. Got Rank 2 in FWC, bought the Astrolord Gloves and got the Trophy for having Legendary or Exotic in every weapon and armour slot (equipped; You don't need 10 of each). Took off my FWC Bond because I've got a swank looking holographic one, and I want to see what you get for vanguard level 4... but I think we're seriously running out of game here.

What I've got left to do is the Vault of Glass, and helping Havoc with his Exotic Weapon Bounty. The five strikes without (him) dying, we can do. The +25 in the Screwcible, that'll be hard. Fuckers were shooting through walls and shit last night. Some defender made a bubble over Zone 3, we stood in and got shot through it.

GTA 5 lasted 11 months (and it probably what I'm going back to next - maybe finish Skyrim first). Destiny? One month.

but I think we're seriously running out of game here.

I've been feeling like that for a couple of weeks.  After the push I was giving this game, I hated to admit this to myself, let alone the board.  I'm holding out hope for the DLC...oops EXPANSIONS...

I was under the impression that the pvp would be the saving grace of this, but the iron banner hasn't even happened yet and I still get treated like a n00b by guys glitching across the screen that take no damage.  I can't put too much hope into that kind of pvp.  If I wanted to be treated like that, I'd still be playing Call of Duty.

Hey, so PS4 bruddas, who's down for some queen's wrath missions before the 6th? I've got a bunch of missions but cannot for the life of me do them solo dolo.

I'm in Oyaji, send me some invites.  I also want to do some of these.

Hey, so PS4 bruddas, who's down for some queen's wrath missions before the 6th? I've got a bunch of missions but cannot for the life of me do them solo dolo.

I'm about to head out. :( Will you be on tomorrow at all? I'll be around for most of the day.

Man, I feel like I wasted a bunch of time in this game.  I originally joined New Monarchy because I wanted their auto rifle.  Then I got the Suros Regime from Xur last weekend and figured I'd get some armor from them instead.  I shopped around and don't prefer any of their armor.  I want gauntlets from the Crucible dude and boots from the FWC.  Already have a legendary chest and helmet but may change those later on.  So I've leveled up to rank 2 with New Monarchy basically for nothing.

If any PS3 guys are on, I could really use some partners for the Queen's Wrath strikes. Getting roflstomped trying to do them solo.

If you can't find anybody on PS3, try this site here. Very helpful and it's how I've done the one and only queen's wrath strike I've completed.

BTW, the guy I was playing with was saying that you no longer get legendary stuff at the end of each queen's wrath strike with the new patch. Is that so?

JT, Josh and I ran through the Summoning Pits because I got a 2nd Exotic Bounty for doing The Summoning Pits

As suspected - did it with out dying. In fact - our group was finally able to get the achievement for no one dying in a fireteam full of clan members.

So two bounties, a gold chest and an achievement for doing one thing.

I was very pleased.

Hit Vanguard 2 so I think I will work on my Dead Orbit rep for a bit.

I'm about to head out. :( Will you be on tomorrow at all? I'll be around for most of the day.

Yeah, vileone316 on PSN/PS4.  I will probably on earlier in the day and later in the evening.