DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

Guest Ramo2653

Add me in with the camp that enjoyed Paige/Nikki. Kinda suprised to see Paige win clean but I guess that's WWE booking to have champ lose non-title matches all the time.

I think Booker added a lot to the divas title match. For a solid minute he talked about how Paige had a reason for being in the WWE and that reason was to be Divas champion. He didn't make fun of her nor did he bury Nikki to put over Paige. Fuck the people who think he is shit at calling matches.

I liked the match a lot too. Wish Paige was more sympathetic because that spot with them fighting over the arm bar was ace. But she's not much of a seller, is she? Nikki is so hossy and I love her and her big ol titties for it. <3

Just because I personally don't care for either Bella doesn't mean that I can't acknowledge their in-ring improvement.  I appreciate the fact that they got Nikki's forearm smash over as a big move for her since it was how she turned on her sister at SummerSlam.

Tonight was the final Main Event for the time being on the Network since they can't show it cause of the SKY deal in the UK.  That's a shame cause it's the best main roster WWE show. I enjoyed the 6 man and the New Day dive train.

I need to start watching Main Event more if this thread is any indication.  Sounds like an awesome show.

I did get around to seeing Sasha/Charlotte and them having that match in a bigger crowd was refreshing.  The crowd definitely was into it, I even heard a slight ratchet chant.  I hope this is a sign of the future as I enjoyed it a lot.

Well Main Event is now essentially dead. WWE.com has stripped it from their list of shows - it will probably still be out there for Sky and whoever else, but it's essentially non-canon. With Smackdown 'relaunching' on Thursdays, this is probably a good thing as 5 hours of TV is quite enough (Superstars is listed below NXT as a WWE show and barely counts).

Maybe Main Event will get wacky *fingers crossed*

Damn you, Sky for ruining it for the rest of us.

Yep, not only do they take off the majority of WWE programming of Sky Sports (Superstars/NXT/Vintage etc), but they're now playing games over Main Event. I think it's them being petty, because the WWE Network's launched in the UK now and they'll see a decline in the number of fans who'll buy the PPVs off Sky Sports Box Office. Would rather BT Sports got the rights to WWE, they do a really good job with the UFC coverage, plus they don't charge extra for the UFC PPV's either. 

• 4 weeks later...

If you can find a place to pull up Main Event, definitely check out this week's episode for Cesaro vs. Sin Cara.  Went about 16 minutes through two ad breaks.  Also a pretty fun Naomi-Natalya match; would like to see them in a longer bout.

If you can find a place to pull up Main Event, definitely check out this week's episode for Cesaro vs. Sin Cara.  Went about 16 minutes through two ad breaks.  Also a pretty fun Naomi-Natalya match; would like to see them in a longer bout.

I am never the one to hate on another country, but fuck the entire U.K. for taking away my Main Event. I actually looked forward to that more than Raw and Smackdown. For some reason WWE Superstars, despite experimenting with the filming style a few months back, is still running the show like its on 90's TV. Seriously Raw reviews? The WWE Network has Raw, Superstars (which shows Raw), and then 'This Week In WWE' where WWE recaps what happened on Raw! Superstars needs a new format. 3 matches and the rest should honestly be random ass stuff ala WWE Confidential, etc. Maybe something like The JBL (and not Cole) show, but with someone else. Santino is still on papers- might as well have him work for his check.

• Like 1

I loved how the Lucha Dragons really had to earn the shine. There was a feeling that Tyson/Cesaro were just so good that they could be back on top at any moment, but also that the Dragons were good enough to prevent that.

The transition was great. So much character and punctuated with a German. I thought they started to layer in the hope spots a little bit early, which on the one hand is fine since they wer transitioning out of the shine and that makes logical sense, but it doesn't "feel" right when it comes to a southern tag. I'm sure it was tied to match length because this really need two or three minutes more of heat before the hot tag.

The catch outside into an armdrag was a little weird but I liked the idea of it. On the other hand, the DDT spot towards the end was a great nearfall. Very well executed and theu went back to it with Cesaro's huge spinebuster. 

Maybe the coolest thing about Cesaro/Kidd is their use of blind tags/shots from the outside in at key moments and it was great to see Kidd being the one to do it here to set up the finish. 

Enjoyable TV tag match but needed about 2-3 more minutes of heat.

• 2 weeks later...