DVDVR Message Board

The WWE Main Event Thread

rzombie1988

Tyson was all kinds of awesome out there, but I don't really think his push can go anywhere unless they're serious about it.

Tyson can beat:

Diego

Fernando

Sin Cara

Zack Ryder

R-Truth

Big E

The Bunny

El Torito

Adam Rose (Has he ever lost?)

Mark Henry (if he's suicidal)

My basic point is that there's no babyface worth beating at the moment. That's why Dolph was excellent in the face gateway jobber role, beating him kinda meant something.

Tyson needs personality for his character, a reason to care for him winning.  

I would put him in a tag team with someone or as an outside thought pair him with Bray as a character who got lost and nobody cares about him.  

In other words, have him turn to the dark side and dye his hair black.  Make him go emo or goth.  

Tyson was all kinds of awesome out there, but I don't really think his push can go anywhere unless they're serious about it.

Tyson can beat:

Diego

Fernando

Sin Cara

Zack Ryder

R-Truth

Big E

The Bunny

El Torito

My basic point is that there's no babyface worth beating at the moment. That's why Dolph was excellent in the face gateway jobber role, beating him kinda meant something.

I would put him in a tag team with someone or as an outside thought pair him with Bray as a character who got lost and nobody cares about him.

In other words, have him turn to the dark side and dye his hair black. Make him go emo or goth.

Turn Tyson and Nattie into AOTF-era Jimmy Jacobs and Lacey. Remember kids; love doesn't save, nothing saves.

Tyson can beat:

Diego

Fernando

Sin Cara

Zack Ryder

R-Truth

Big E

The Bunny

El Torito

In other words, have him turn to the dark side and dye his hair black. Make him go emo or goth.

Double post, nothing to see here.

Really good Paige-Natalya match this week as long as you ignored the commentary.  Cole and JBL were constantly hammering Tyson Kidd with the NATTIE'S HUSBAND NATTIE'S HUSBAND SHE'S THE BREADWINNER SHE'S THE MEAL TICKET talking point for the whole seven minutes or so.

Really good Paige-Natalya match this week as long as you ignored the commentary.  Cole and JBL were constantly hammering Tyson Kidd with the NATTIE'S HUSBAND NATTIE'S HUSBAND SHE'S THE BREADWINNER SHE'S THE MEAL TICKET talking point for the whole seven minutes or so.

Really? Early in the match, instead of running the ropes, it looked like Nattie was tip-toeing to the next spot. It was long and boring, and it was only 10 minutes. The commentary was atrocious tho, I will mos def give you that. It started off as "HAHA Nattie makes more than Tyson." then it was "Haha. Tyson likes cats, he's a lonely person." Then it was "Haha. Tyson's not a Hart!" Then it was "Haha. Tyson is just a loser because he can't statisfy his wife, would rather spend time with the cat, and he doesn't know what the word "relative" is."

Such a clusterfuck.

I loved that segment because there was so much going on. 

Tyson asking all three if they believe in cats & facts

Tyson saying he got better during his injury because of his cats (while pointing at them on his kneepads)

Paige licking Nattie's face

Nattie landing a great German Suplex on Paige

When JBL was getting too crazy Kidd responds with "that doesn't make any sense"

The rolling reversal from Paige to get out of the Sharpshooter.

Personally I think it was one of the better Main Event segments in a long time. 

By the finsh I'm hoping that this leads to a Kidd & Nattie heel team that make up on Total Divas, but heel it up during matches

• Like 1

I'm a huge mark for counterwrestling and I dug the segment with the Sharpshooter vs. Scorpion Crosslock exchanges.

I'd rather see a neat counter to someone's finisher than see someone just take the move and kick out at two.

I thought the finish of Natalya surviving the Paige Turner, but basically being killed by it so much that she was easy meat for Paige even when Natalya avoided the PTO and went for the Sharpshooter. That was definitely more of a NXT finish than a typical WWE one and nice to see.

Commentary did a lot to put over Zayn there - JBL calling the right shoulder being up, Cole knowing he Blue Thunder Bomb. 40 people in the Rumble, will be surprised if he's not one of them. I think they're still missing out on not having a NXT vs WWE Survivor Series match - Zayn, Neville, Itami, Balor and Breeze vs Kidd, Titus, Bo, Slater and Cesaro (sorry Cesaro).

Commentary did a lot to put over Zayn there - JBL calling the right shoulder being up, Cole knowing he Blue Thunder Bomb. 40 people in the Rumble, will be surprised if he's not one of them. I think they're still missing out on not having a NXT vs WWE Survivor Series match - Zayn, Neville, Itami, Balor and Breeze vs Kidd, Titus, Bo, Slater and Cesaro (sorry Cesaro).

Even just having an NXT 5 on 5 would be rad: Neville, Zayn, Itami, Balor, and THE LONE WOLF vs. Tyler Breeze, The Ascension, and The Vaudevillians. 

• Like 1