DVDVR Message Board

Well known actors/actresses with very few credits

Swift

Looking on IMDB lately, I've noticed that some actors and actresses have much less credits than you would imagine. Some of this is due to early death (James Dean - 31, Heath Ledger - 23, John Cazale - 7), some due to early retirement (Grace Kelly - 30), but some others seem inexplicable. For instance, Warren Beatty has had a long career, yet only 31 credits.

For the sake of this thread, let's use a maximum of 40 credits, people who aren't relative newcomers, and let's limit it to mainstream names.

I'll start things off. Geena Davis has 37. Rene Russo has only 25 credits. Can anyone get lower than that? I'd imagine quite a few women will feature here, as it seems once they get older, the roles dry up for them.

EDIT: Phoebe Cates has 18.

Joe Pesci only has 37 credits. He seemingly retired after 1998, but had a cameo in The Good Shepard then went on to do Love Ranch in 2010. Hopefully he'll have a decent farewell role in the future.

Ramis has very few credits since he's mostly been just a director ever since the late '80's with mostly just cameos in his own movies(Groundhog Day). 

But I think that Chris Tucker has to be the winner of this with only 12 movie credits.  Jackie Brown in 1997 was his last non Rush Hour credit until he did Silver Linings Playbook last year.  He must have made a fortune on the RH movies to pretty much stop working for years inbetween each of the movies.

Chris Tucker started demanding $20 million per film after Rush Hour became a massive hit, hence why he's not been in much. Don't know if he genuinely thought he'd get that, or just didn't want to do full-time movie work anyway and intentionally upped is price tag to put people off. 

Obviously it is easier with "newer" folks but I was surprised that Charlize Theron is under 40 (it's either 34 or 35 - I was too lazy to double check my count).

Now she has 3 movies in post-production so she will pass 40 in the next couple of years but still.

Continuing the women on the scrapheap theme...

Veronica Lake - 38
Judy Garland - 38
Annette Bening - 36
Bette Midler - 36
Marilyn Monroe - 33
Goldie Hawn - 32
Audrey Hepburn - 31
Ali MacGraw - 16

No need for more, because you are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong....  You're WRONG

(Other guesses would be Home Alone or maybe Party Monster.  Or maybe the Good Son.  But probably Home Alone.)

If you don't count TV Movies - Joanne Woodward only has 30 (she has like 15 TV movies to her credit).

Still she is only just over the limit for movies since she had a lot of TV work early on and then went into the "I am going to just chill with Paul Newman" phase