DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 3/11 - 3/17/2024 - Chad of Green Gables

Another week in the books, another step closer to WrestleMania!   This week, GUNTHER gets his opponent!  Based on the title, you'll know who I'm rooting for. 

Here's what else is on tap for tonight!

GIZF6_vXsAEc5VI?format=jpg&name=large

(Liv should be in Becky's spot.)

• Like 1

That wasn't the ending I was hoping for, but holy shit, what a fantastic, intense match. I hope Sami is breaking his fast with...shit, all Houston's great 24/7 Mexican places I went in college in the 2000s are gone now, aren't they?

That gauntlet match was beautiful. I was expecting we'd get either Chad or Sami at the start ala KofiMania and go from there. I love how they went with things instead. Not every gauntlet match should follow the same pattern. The final leg between Sami and Chad was very special professional wrestling between two of the best. I want to see those guys have a 30-minute one-on-one match now. 

• Like 1

This got the Raw Watch (as in, very little) but I did catch Truth diving directly towards the camera and blasting JD, I think, in the back of the head with a huge plancha. At first I thought no one was paying attention and he flew right through the middle of them, but after rewatching a couple times it was clear that he was flying with such force that it was easy to look like nobody broke his fall. Such impact. It deserved a couple replays and then of course they didn't show it again at all. 

• Thanks 1

The Seth/Drew segment was solid.

Becky/Liv was pretty good, probably the best either has looked so far this year.

Indi/Candice vs. Ivy/Maxxine was weird and mostly an angle for a Candice heel turn.

The Cody/Cole interview was solid.

Kabuki Warriors vs. Shayna/Zoey was pretty solid despite so little heat. Wish all involved were given better build/booking.

Truth/Priest was pretty decent with the post match beatdown by Judgement Day being a nice heel moment for the group.

Jey's segment was a nice and simple challenge to Jimmy that the crowd was pretty ready for.

The gauntlet match was fantastic. Each matchup was well worth catching on its own with the final between Gable and Sami hitting the next level completely with some wonderful drama and the crowd behind both men. I dislike Sami winning as I think his goal should be the world title, and Gunther's eventual title loss should be used to elevate someone like Gable. I can only hope that is still the plan even with Sami just getting the big Wrestlemania match.

The First and final matches were damn good-great and well worth watching with all but one of the matches and segments in between being pretty decent to solid. Its good to see Wrestlemania continue to take solid shape and wrestlers who likely won't have a noteworthy presence there still receive some solid build for momentum post-mania.

Edited by Eivion

Cody being the kind of person who stops to pet a picture of his dog painted on the side of his tour bus is...actually not all that surprising, but I kind of went "huh? Did he really just do that?"

Congrats to Buddy Matthews being the WWE version of the time that TNA thought it would be funny to show that guy from the Highlanders in the crowd during a TNA TV show and ended up getting fired for it.   I would think Tony is going to find it a lot more funnier than Vince did at the time.

7 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Cody being the kind of person who stops to pet a picture of his dog painted on the side of his tour bus is...actually not all that surprising, but I kind of went "huh? Did he really just do that?"

I was kind of half watching and for a second thought he just left his dog tied to the bus. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

Congrats to Buddy Matthews being the WWE version of the time that TNA thought it would be funny to show that guy from the Highlanders in the crowd during a TNA TV show and ended up getting fired for it.   I would think Tony is going to find it a lot more funnier than Vince did at the time.

If it was anybody but Pat McAfee he might have had a talking to when it comes to going "Hey, who's that guy?"  But honestly it took me a sec to recognize Buddy as I've been so used to him not smiling.

I need to see gauntlet but the rest of Raw was pretty solid.

Right now this thing with Maxxine just reeks of Lana going through a table for about 2 months with literally no benefit at all except for Vince and his goons getting a chuckle for it.   I guess we are supposed to feel sorry that the fans booed her and most of the realistic already ones do.  Hell anyone on social media for a couple hours saw that.  But now we are talking about her brother passing away.   So we are using Candice Lerae and I assume Indi Hartwell to fan shame?  

Edited by hammerva

Some fine Greek theatre pro wrestling with Seth and Drew and later Cody who even broke out the waterworks

Lynch/Morgan was rad, solid showing from Liv

Turning Maxxine's flubs into an angle is better than ignoring them, plus now Candice LeRae has something to do. I read Dupree's response to the internet on 411 and it was self-aware and confident so now I want her to get better and succeed (in NXT)

Stark and Baszler/Kabuki Warriors was pretty dope but it was heel vs heel so nobody cared

Goddamn, another month of R Truth and the Judgement Day?

They built the IC title and the gauntlet match throughout the night and by the end I wanted to see Gable go against Gunther as much as Zayn. Match itself was really well executed, every guy paired well with the others since they've all been bumping around this division for a while. Nice reminder that Ricochet is incredible and they probably could be using Bronson Reed a little more. Interesting ending with Zayn/Gable, another split crowd reaction for two underdog babyfaces but they still got the crowd there by the end. I did a little fist pump when Sami went over although I agree that Gable has earned a way into the match and there's no better way to get the title off Gunther and keep him dominant than having not one but two underdogs beat him

25 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

If it was anybody but Pat McAfee he might have had a talking to when it comes to going "Hey, who's that guy?"  But honestly it took me a sec to recognize Buddy as I've been so used to him not smiling.

I need to see gauntlet but the rest of Raw was pretty solid.

Here you go, my friend:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qUn23R_Bi98&pp=ygUDV3dl

• Thanks 1

I only caught Sami/Gable but that was awesome pro wres. It’s pretty rare for Sami to feel like the wrong guy to put over, but yeah. Should’ve been Gable! It definitely seems like they’re setting up a path for him to get there anyway, but I really hope it isn’t a lame 3-way. I’d rather see Gunther/Sami night one, then the winner (Gunther) versus Gable night two. That seems like a much more interesting way to protect Gunther in defeat (two grueling matches on back-to-back nights) than some 3-way chicanery.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I thought the last stretch of the Gauntlet Match was incredible, but once Gable started going crazy and screaming "I NEED THIS" it became obvious he was going to lose. I'm a little disappointed because Zayn vs. Gunther, while I'm sure it will be a fine match, does nothing for me at Mania. WWE did a great job of making me care about Gable and wanting him to be the one to finally take down Gunther, which really could've made Gable's career and cemented his legacy. 

Sami has already cooled down significantly from his Bloodline feud and challenging Roman. 

Doing a big schmoz ladder match at Mania for the tag titles makes no sense to me. Judgment Day has been feuding with R-Truth for months now. They've basically turned it into just a big spotfest so everyone gets on the card.

Good promo by Cody. But if Cody somehow doesn't win at Mania, all of this is going to be for nothing. Cody can cut a good promo when he's not talking stupid nonsense. 

I'd rather see Gunther vs. Sami Zayn as I think it'll be a better match than Gunther vs. Chad Gable but Gable needs the rub more. Zayn's held the Intercontinental Championship before and has cooled off from where he was this time last year. Gable's never held the gold and deserves his flowers as he's been underappreciated by WWE since American Alpha ended.

• Sad 1

I'm interested to see what happens to Kevin Owens having main evented back to back WrestleMania's, there won't be a hat trick this time. Guessing Logan Paul vs. Randy Orton vs. Kevin Owens.

Edited by The Natural
  • Sad 1

I think there’s some intention behind heating up Gable at the same time as they’re building Zayn and then pitting them against each other. Maybe a Gable heel turn on Sami? He’s in need of a character change as it is

• Like 1

Catching up on NXT and tonight and I must ask why do we have a "Fake Thea Hail" as Alvarez calls her?  She is basically the exact same person just taller.  I know they are trying to make Thea more adult and less a Chase U college girl but she hasn't changed that much you can do version 2.0