DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 1/22 - 1/28/2024 - I'll Rumble 4 Ya

Nervous Nelly Wren Sinclair suuuuucks. NXT's backstage presentation is so bad and I'm really not happy that it will be used more on the main roster. Dumb ass Eric Bischoff is a fan of the reality TV segments because he can't conceive of promos that actually work and rather than train the wrestlers how to talk he's an advocate of dumbing down the product to accommodate untrained wrestlers instead. Maybe that's a cycle that's been repeating itself for a while now

I think Von Wagner's kids are hilarious and I want them on my television screen more.

Imagine being able to take a fucking BEVERLY BROTHER to school on Grandparent's Day.

If the story is true (it is Sports Illustrated remember),  the Smackdown title match at WM is now a lock.  And boy what an interesting reaction that will get.  The Night 1 main event will probably be Punk vs Cody.   But what are you doing with the RAW title?   Should Seth risk his injury and rest back for WM for matches against Damien Priest?   Maybe you can figure out how to get Gunther vs Seth although how you get to that would be something.  

16 hours ago, Casey said:

Probably something to that last point, considering I don’t like Dusty as a commentator either. 😂

I just feel like those people I mentioned could be on the main roster and swapped out for names that have done pretty much everything or are just spinning their wheels. Like, there’s no good reason that Blair can’t be called up post-WrestleMania or whatever and just replace her in NXT with Natalya or someone. Their roster is large enough that you can do this. I much, much rather see R-Truth in NXT than hamming it up with Damien Priest in the main event of RAW.

But yeah if you like it that’s cool. It’s like getting whiplash going from the last show I saw was basically the last gasp of the Black & Gold NXT to it now being… what this is.

Just keep Okada far, far away from this if he does go to WWE. Nakamura benefitted from NXT fans at the time being super smark heavy, it doesn’t seem that way now unless I’m wrong. But if I am wrong… well, I still don’t want to see Okada versus Josh Briggs or anything, lol.

Oh yeah different strokes for different folks. You for sure could swap out some main roster folks for NXT folks or give them time off. R-Truth was actually in NXT when he got hurt in a match with Waller, and Waller did a great job covering for it on a live show in a tiny studio.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the end of B&G NXT, it seemed stuck in place with the UE guys not moving up and no one else on the card getting swapped in. I don't know if the big reset of 2.0 was the right move, but something needed to be done.

On the Okada thing, that's still a smark heavy crowd with a lot of the same people showing up week to week, doesn't seem like a good way to have your roster work since you don't really know if stuff is actually working or not. But if Okada showed up yeah they'd go bonkers. And Okada/Briggs could be a fun 8 minute match. 

Wasn't really expecting them to say anything. It will be more about the post Rumble conference to see if any have the guts to actually ask about it. 

Smackdown was generally solid though the recent stuff with Vince made it harder to enjoy as that cloud is just going to be there for a while regardless of what cleaning they do on the inside.

Was nice to see Elektra Lopez debut and rejoin Legado. The women's tag titles match was good. Hopefully Kairi & Asuka's reign goes well.