DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK EIGHT

Dolfan in NYC

23 hours ago, RIPPA said:

PJ Walker will start for the Browns this week

I don't think people understand how awful Deshaun Watson has been and how this injury makes it all worse. First,  do you guys remember when we were arguing about Daniel Jones last week and someone said he had a syringe arm than Tyrod? I looked up the arm strength numbers,  and got curious about who had the strongest throwing arm and who had the easiest throwing arm. Surprise,  Josh Allen has the strongest arm. Even bigger surprise,  Deshaun Watson has the weakest arm by far for starting quarterbacks. 50MPH is kind of the line for good NFL arms, and Watson the a dismal 45MPH at the combine. He doesn't have arm strength to lose. Not only that,  rotator cuff injuries often reduce overall arm strength permanently. This isn't the kind of injury that gets better and then you regain full strength.  There was a study with baseball pitchers who seemed OK after the injury,  but they WHIP and IP never got back to the pre-injury numbers. I don't know how much anyone else has watched him lately,  but he has no velocity which is death against NFL defensive backs. This is just the beginning of a long term issue. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I think this Watson stuff straight up kills the chance of anymore fully guaranteed contracts. Which bums me out. I was hoping the league was moving in that direction.

And for only him to be the only person to ever get the really big fully guaranteed deal. Just absolute worst case scenario.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

And for only him to be the only person to ever get the really big fully guaranteed deal. Just absolute worst case scenario.

Yeah. . . .if it was Mahomes or Josh it might have worked. . . 

Schefter reported yesterday that Jalen Ramsey would make his season debut this weekend for Miami against the Pats.  

Jalen's reaction was basically "O RLY"

Follow up tweet said he was feeling much better but isn't quite there yet.   Seems he'll be "Doubtful" on the injury report today, but will be making the trip to Germany next week for the Chiefs game. 

Daniel Jones is out for another week so another start for Tyrod Taylor

Apparently Jones has been running the scout team this week so signs are pointing to him being back next week

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Daniel Jones is out for another week so another start for Tyrod Taylor

Apparently Jones has been running the scout team this week so signs are pointing to him being back next week

Well sooner did I post this when Brian Daboll is all I DON'T KNOW IF JONES WILL PLAY AGAIN THIS YEAR~!

So... yeah....

• Sad 1

On 10/26/2023 at 10:30 AM, supremebve said:

I don't think people understand how awful Deshaun Watson has been and how this injury makes it all worse. First,  do you guys remember when we were arguing about Daniel Jones last week and someone said he had a syringe arm than Tyrod? I looked up the arm strength numbers,  and got curious about who had the strongest throwing arm and who had the easiest throwing arm. Surprise,  Josh Allen has the strongest arm. Even bigger surprise,  Deshaun Watson has the weakest arm by far for starting quarterbacks. 50MPH is kind of the line for good NFL arms, and Watson the a dismal 45MPH at the combine. He doesn't have arm strength to lose. Not only that,  rotator cuff injuries often reduce overall arm strength permanently. This isn't the kind of injury that gets better and then you regain full strength.  There was a study with baseball pitchers who seemed OK after the injury,  but they WHIP and IP never got back to the pre-injury numbers. I don't know how much anyone else has watched him lately,  but he has no velocity which is death against NFL defensive backs. This is just the beginning of a long term issue. 

Interesting.  I always thought he had a strong arm.